Author Topic: I Have This Feeling Tchacho Killed Congolese Music  (Read 9321 times)

Matebu #15 on: July 29, 2017, 16:54

• View Profile
Hat off to you for comprehensively and vividly underscoring the points for the second reason demise of Congolese music regarding the euphoria of G5 solo artistes.

As correctly explained, several half sebenes and rhumba songs were released after the Monde Arab Heist in Congolese music, but the damage done by Monde Arab, especially at a time Quarter Latin had assembled the dream team and the potential G5, was collosal. Monde Arab came at a time when Quarter Latin had so much influence to Congolese music community, youngsters etc. The album was floppy like the Cindy stuffs but was heavily promoted, and by then time, they had money compared to other groups.

Unfortunately enough Koffi Olomide and Company were not good innovators, they were very smart blenders, you can see how unceremoniously they brandished with Ndombolo ya Solo, you could say the invention came from their group.

Seems like you're still putting all the blame on Monde Arabe as if Koffi was President of a Congolese music organization and made an executive decision to change the format for all.

Wasn't Werrason at a high with the success of Alerte Generale and Témoignage at around the same time? One could've strongly argued he was the most popular leader. He was the one with so much influence over youngsters and the Kin music community

masatomo #16 on: July 29, 2017, 18:00

• View Profile
Mwana Nsalu I understood your statement it's just that I don't see no big improvement (to be fair I gotta admit that rumbas of QQJD are better than those of Boîte Noire but I still have some difficulties to enjoy that trend it quickly bores me) in recent releases but that's your opinion it's okay.

Mwana Nsalu #17 on: July 29, 2017, 18:10

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
Mwana Nsalu I understood your statement it's just that I don't see no big improvement (to be fair I gotta admit that rumbas of QQJD are better than those of Boîte Noire but I still have some difficulties to enjoy that trend it quickly bores me) in recent releases but that's your opinion it's okay.

well the music is definitely still no where near its glory days that is for sure.

archos #18 on: July 29, 2017, 19:12

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the last balanced album was surely the much criticized anti terro

the generique,then guy mbuala,clin d'oeil,doleance,j'suis la,esau,nungu nungu,vicky nsongi as rumbas, le baron,lekasopo,bk senateur,plainte a,decision,temperature,amour sans tache as sebene songs plus the kisindjora and the dancers song and the blues instrumental by pathy moleso

Jdog #19 on: July 30, 2017, 00:00

• View Profile
People need to stop blaming the Monde Arabe album like there wasn't a good amount of sebene songs in it, and here was a lot of albums with more then one sebene song after that like Mvulusi said.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

SADIKI TIGER #20 on: July 30, 2017, 17:48

• View Profile
There is no way we cannot stop blaming, cause the leading G5, before launched their Solo artiste career we know where they came from and we know who was their mentor.

Matebu #21 on: July 30, 2017, 18:54

• View Profile
There is no way we cannot stop blaming, cause the leading G5, before launched their Solo artiste career we know where they came from and we know who was their mentor.

Smh

Most of us gave very detailed explanations based on facts of what actually happened at the time.