Author Topic: Rare radio-interview of DV Moanda (founder Zaiko) & Olemi Eshar in French 1979  (Read 546 times)

Mfumu Vata on: June 16, 2023, 10:35

• View Profile

Rare radio-interview of Zaiko-founder DV Moanda with journalist Bijoux Mbiyevanga Lengime in 1979
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 12:54 by Mfumu Vata »

Manzambi94 #1 on: June 16, 2023, 12:38

• View Profile

Rare radio-interview of Zaiko-founder DV Moanda with journalist Bijoux Mbiyevanga Lengime in 1979
I don't know why but that guy scares me

Mfumu Vata #2 on: June 16, 2023, 14:30

• View Profile
lol, I would like to see a footage of DV Moanda speaking live. In this interview he didn't speak alot, because of Olemi helping him not when noticing that he was a little bit limited.

its interested to hear how Mbiyevanga pointed out in the start the way American music influenced the music of youngsters in the 1960s, that was brought by students living in Belgium and France who were bringing with them music of the West. It slowly led to creations of bands like Thu Zahina, Zaiko, Stukas that were reflecting the music of the new generation and being different from the old generation. Negro Succes of Bavon Marie Marie being the first to make that music.

I feel like people living in Europe that came back in the 1980s and 1990s didn’t influence the generation in that way, them more being into sape and the majority not being students. Them also being more into music of Congo itself. I wonder if the massive migration towards Europe didn’t take place from 1980s, that American music would have more influence on our music like in the 1960s and that Cuban music had in the 1940s and 1950s. Because later in the video, Papa Wemba said that Congolese music is just Rumba while countries like Nigeria and Cameroon being into Disco let the rest of the world.

It only these years that I’m noticing that late Ilo Pablo created alot of drum partition. I first always that he was limited to the cavacha-rhythm. A few years ago I discovered that he was the true creator of the Katchou-Katchou partition that Papy Kakol later used in Koyimbi-Ko. Today, I discovered that he created the Ndombolo-parition that Titina later used. Its a little bit different because he doesn’t finish it by hitting the hihat.

from 32:45 min (I dont know that the song is)

35:02 lol, the way of speaking of Bozi has never changed “uhmmm” “maissss pona ngaiii” “alors comme bango” “mais” “huuuum” “eza penza ok” I wonder why comedians focused on imitating his voice like Papa Wemba, Nyoka Longo, Werrason , JB Mpiana, Koffi Olomidé, Marie Paul,  etc.

Verckys’s interview after that of Bozi is very interesting. I miss that kind of interviews. Look like artists in the music aren’t intelligent anymore to point that stuff out, only being focused on insulting rivals, doing polemique and giving shout-outs.

I would like to see/hear like this video, a video of journalists picking different artists and picking people to give their opinion about the music of today, that of youngsters and the new generation.

lol, the comment the elder give about the music of Zaiko and that of Viva la Musica.
from 1:12:19 Looks like the generation that used to talk Lingala that way all passed away.

Hearing Emeneya talk about la sape in 1979, shows that they didn’t start with it from 1980 during  tour when meeting Dikando, Stervos Niarcos, Parisiana and co. lol, the way Emeneya being serious that he would restart studying at university  the following year which he never ended up by doing. Looks like many musicians of that time wanted to finish university

Drumstar98 #3 on: June 16, 2023, 16:21

• View Profile
The song is Zaiko Wawa, about Bozi way of speaking not changing makes you think that the interview was today lol.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 16:26 by Drumstar98 »

Mfumu Vata #4 on: June 16, 2023, 16:33

• View Profile
Aah vieux Benz. I still waiting for his interview with Mbuta Likasu.

I must relisten those Zaiko songs of the 1970s, I forgot many sebenes of it. It must be the second or third version of it, because the drum-sound of the version I know was different (I think the one they recorded during the Ghana-trip).

Btw do you know the title of the Zaiko-song where they were singing about life ?

Drumstar98 #5 on: June 16, 2023, 17:00

• View Profile
Aah vieux Benz. I still waiting for his interview with Mbuta Likasu.

I must relisten those Zaiko songs of the 1970s, I forgot many sebenes of it. It must be the second or third version of it, because the drum-sound of the version I know was different (I think the one they recorded during the Ghana-trip).

Btw do you know the title of the Zaiko-song where they were singing about life ?

I skipped to the near end of the radio broadcast and I heard Emeneya's voice it hasn't changed. I believe they recorded two versions of Zaiko, the first version was recorded in 1976 during their Ghana trip, their second trip was in 1979 backed up by with the Ya Toupas.
Is the called vie ya mosolo written by late Teddy Sukami?

Mfumu Vata #6 on: June 16, 2023, 19:07

• View Profile
Like Werrason and Emeneya, I always wonder why Bozi and Emeneya never thought about doing a featuring together. There was a time that they were both signed to VEVE. It would have been a banger if they did that. Emeneya said a few times that Bozi used to be his best friend when in was in Viva la Musica and he in Zaiko and them continuing being friends when he started Victoria. Its a mystery why they didn't think about it. They both did chorus together along with Djuna Djanana for Koffi's songs in 1978 and 1979 but they did a duet together.

Totally forgot about the song. I re-discoverd I think 2 yeas ago when Eliyo77 decided to upload it along with other songs of Zaiko. Teddy Sukami is one Zaiko' s best songwriters. Many don't know that he was Zaiko's first president before Nyoka Longo becoming it in 1980 after that he decided to stay in Europe (I dont why maybe that he already started to get ill).

Drumstar98 #7 on: June 16, 2023, 19:49

• View Profile
Like Werrason and Emeneya, I always wonder why Bozi and Emeneya never thought about doing a featuring together. There was a time that they were both signed to VEVE. It would have been a banger if they did that. Emeneya said a few times that Bozi used to be his best friend when in was in Viva la Musica and he in Zaiko and them continuing being friends when he started Victoria. Its a mystery why they didn't think about it. They both did chorus together along with Djuna Djanana for Koffi's songs in 1978 and 1979 but they did a duet together.

Totally forgot about the song. I re-discoverd I think 2 yeas ago when Eliyo77 decided to upload it along with other songs of Zaiko. Teddy Sukami is one Zaiko' s best songwriters. Many don't know that he was Zaiko's first president before Nyoka Longo becoming it in 1980 after that he decided to stay in Europe (I dont why maybe that he already started to get ill).

I asked myself that as well, it would've been a big hit if Bozi and Emeneya did a featuring when you have Anti Choc and Victoria Eleison backing them.

Teddy Sukami composed memorable songs especially Elo. I'm hoping someone uploads his LP he recorded with Bozi Boziana and Kanda bongo Man.

I think I found the song it's called Kiaku Kiaku, it was recorded with Les Casques Bleus in 1979.