Author Topic: Is the intro of Ceci-Cela from a folkloric song? Or it comes from Ya Toupas?  (Read 1401 times)

Sydo on: March 23, 2022, 15:06

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #1 on: March 23, 2022, 15:17

• View Profile
The intro of Ceci Cela was inspired by Mbala folklore. Like the way Emeneya’s Ngonda & Okosi Nga Mfumu had the intro’s of the same genre. The rest of the song was done in the Makwa Ndungu style like the way he did Lissiki years later. Makwa Ndungu was back in the 50s a popular song of Bauduin Mavula. Baudoin Mavula was an artist from the Kwilu region who used to sing his songs in Kikongo and Kimbala. Artists like Franco & Tabu Ley would sometimes do their songs in the style of that song. Unfortunately the song isn’t YouTube. Years later Werrason in Kalayi Boeing, Koffi Olomidé in Dieu Voit Tout, Papa Wemba in Vainte des Vanites and many gospel artists  would use the Makwa Ndungu style in their songs. Some parts of his songs would be used by atalaku for cries. Like many forgotten artists of the 50s that used to sing in their native language. I don’t remember how Badouin Mavula’s Makwa Ndungu went, but I believe that Flamme Kapaya made a remix of it
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 15:19 by Mfumu Vata »

Mukulu #2 on: March 23, 2022, 16:56

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #3 on: March 23, 2022, 18:20

• View Profile
Yeah it was this song.

Lidjo Kwempa and Stino Mubi used often to inspire their music with that of village. Another good example is the intro of Stino’s Elegance ya Paris. Emeneya also a few times but after Succes Fous he was eager to copy Tabu Ley

Sydo #4 on: March 23, 2022, 20:14

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I hope someone will found Makwa Ndungu some day. I read somewhere that the RTNC lost their copy.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #5 on: March 23, 2022, 23:30

• View Profile
There was a site where you could buy Vinyl-discs of artists signed to Ngoma

Here there a smal part of their discography. You have artists singing in Tshiluba, Azande, Bulu, Kikongo and Kimbala. But the majority is Lingala followed by Kikongo and Swahili.

http://afrodisc.com/?s=ngoma

Sydo #6 on: April 03, 2022, 14:40

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I just launched a digital disco-library of Congolese music, because Congo lacks one. I will add music from the 40s to early nineties. If I find the original recording of Makuandungu i'll add it immediately. For the moment, I uploaded part of Zaïko's singles with Verckys, some O.K. Jazz songs and others. Go have a look: https://bassinducongo.blogspot.com/
Formerly Musiquezairoise