Author Topic: WAS THIS THE FIRST ALBUM WITH A 21 CENTURY SOUND?  (Read 5493 times)

Matebu on: August 15, 2018, 23:30

• View Profile
I guess keeping the Extra theme going...I remember thinking this was next level sound the first time i heard this album. The sound so crystal clear, Roga Roga’s solo licks so clean

I’m trying to think of others. Another one was the Loi générique, and that of course is beyond legendary

Matebu #1 on: August 15, 2018, 23:58

• View Profile
I remember Roga Roga’s interview with Martin Sinnock before the album came out, where he was saying he bought new Steinberger guitars and said the album would be very different from their previous albums

mvulusi96 #2 on: August 16, 2018, 00:48

I remember Roga Roga’s interview with Martin Sinnock before the album came out, where he was saying he bought new Steinberger guitars and said the album would be very different from their previous albums

Yeah, I also remember that interview. They made that interview in Washington D.C. if I remember it well. He then also said that there would be salsa song. (Papato which didn't make it on the tracklist and would end up as bonus track on the Trop c'est Trop-VHS). There was also an interview of Defao after his performance in New York, talking about his next album Nessy de London saying that he would sing a with Reddy, which would not happen.

So sad that Martin's site got deleted it had many rare interviews of Papa Wemba, Koffi Olomide, King Kester Emeneya, Bozi Boziana, Wazeka, etc. and reviews of concerts and albums.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 00:59 by mvulusi96 »

Wenge1995 #3 on: August 16, 2018, 17:38

• View Profile
@Matebu

Who the plays mi-solo guitar on the album? I know the album credits Roga Roga, but I don't believe it.

Ingénieur Paulo #4 on: August 17, 2018, 17:13

• View Profile
@Matebu

Who the plays mi-solo guitar on the album? I know the album credits Roga Roga, but I don't believe it.

@Matebu I've been seeing on YouTube that there were several guest guitarists who played in the album, most notably Alain Makaba and Mbokaliya Burkina Faso. How true is that?

mvulusi96 #5 on: August 17, 2018, 20:10

@Matebu

@Matebu I've been seeing on YouTube that there were several guest guitarists who played in the album, most notably Alain Makaba and Mbokaliya Burkina Faso. How true is that?

lol, that not true hahaha. Otherwise people from Kinshasa would in that era denigrating them, people were already calling them copycats of Wenge and saying that didn't know how to do music. If you buy cd's of Etat Major, Shalai and Trop c'est Trop you will not see there names. In some songs the guy credited Christian Mwepu as bassist, while he never returned to Europe since 1997. Etat Major was recorded when Maison Mere & BCBG were in Kinshasa waiting to release Titianic and Intervention Rapide, but the guy credited in those videos that Japonais, Burkina Faso participated.

He also uploaded some videos Affaire d'Etat claiming that Ramatoulaye, Sonor Digital and Roga Roga participated hahaha. Knowing that he what he wrote wasn't true and that he would have some negative reactions he decided to block all comments on his videos.

Matebu #6 on: August 17, 2018, 20:13

• View Profile
@Matebu

lol, that not true hahaha. Otherwise people from Kinshasa would in that era denigrating them, people were already calling them copycats of Wenge and saying that didn't know how to do music. If you buy cd's of Etat Major, Shalai and Trop c'est Trop you will not see there names. In some songs the guy credited Christian Mwepu as bassist, while he never returned to Europe since 1997. Etat Major was recorded when Maison Mere & BCBG were in Kinshasa waiting to release Titianic and Intervention Rapide, but the guy credited in those videos that Japonais, Burkina Faso participated.

He also uploaded some videos Affaire d'Etat claiming that Ramatoulaye, Sonor Digital and Roga Roga participated hahaha. Knowing that he what he wrote wasn't true and that he would have some negative reactions he decided to block all comments on his videos.

lol yea, I noticed that. An attention seeker passing on false information. He also said Titina and Mboka Liya participated on Trop c'est Trop. Nonsense

Wenge1995 #7 on: August 18, 2018, 07:52

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I knew those credits were wrong ???? Wenge Musica and Extra Musica never collaborated

I was just interested in who the guitarist may have been for the mi-solo, apparently it's a guy by the name of Saint Petro Mboungou.

Roga Roga #8 on: August 23, 2018, 10:22

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I knew those credits were wrong ???? Wenge Musica and Extra Musica never collaborated

I was just interested in who the guitarist may have been for the mi-solo, apparently it's a guy by the name of Saint Petro Mboungou.
How many album did Saint Petro participated?

Wenge1995 #9 on: August 23, 2018, 14:43

• View Profile
@Roga Roga

Just Shalai and Trop C'est Trop, the remaining albums just have a lead and rhythm guitarist. As to why he left, I'm not sure but it's likely money or he stayed behind in Europe during a tour to become the session guitarist he is today.