Author Topic: WHAT THE HELL WAS JB THINKING HERE  (Read 2870 times)

Manzambi94 on: April 06, 2021, 06:40

• View Profile

10:29

Basically JB himself take the mic and introduced a crie that in Lingala says "KiNdumba Mama na yo, Ambience Koko mayo, Kuluna o Kufa... Omoni ba suki" which means your mom is a h*e, Ambience Koko mayo is difficult to translate is like saying the Vibe of your grandpa, then he wishes for Kuluna to die and say Have you seen they have finished, why was he so angry what was happening at the time for making him sing this crie?

Manzambi94 #1 on: April 06, 2021, 06:40

• View Profile

10:29

Basically JB himself take the mic and introduced a crie that in Lingala says "KiNdumba Mama na yo, Ambience Koko mayo, Kuluna o Kufa... Omoni ba suki" which means your mom is a h*e, Ambience Koko mayo is difficult to translate is like saying the Vibe of your grandpa, then he wishes for Kuluna to die and say Have you seen they have finished, why was he so angry what was happening at the time for making him sing this crie?

Sydo #2 on: April 06, 2021, 07:03

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Zaïko also did the cri in 2013, the Voler n'est pas bon concert in Masina.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 06, 2021, 07:23

• View Profile
Kindumba maman nayo doesn’t mean your mom is a h*e. It means prostitution yo momma. Ambiance koko nayo = vibes yo Grandpa.

If I remember well Zaïko already started animating it in concerts back in 2014 and Wenge BCBG also taking that crie. The inspiration of that cri came from the daily stuff people were seeing  in Kinshasa, the rate of unemployment being high which led to daugthers, mothers and even grandmothers having 3/4 men to feed their family. Their father or husband not having any choice to accept the money,  because they don’t work anymore since 20 years, never having worked since they graduated in 1988 or the money they earn not being enough. Then  also youngsters and fathers only being focused on ambiance in Bandal, Kapela Yolo and Couloir Kimbuta instead of looking a way to go forward in life. Doing matolo for hours or beggin relatives in Europe for money to end up by spending it on a table full with bottles of Primus or Nkoyi-beer. Unemployment in Kinshasa led many to become kuluna’s. The phenomenon occurred in the late 90s by Congolese youngsters who came back to Kinshasa after from Lunda/Angola after not succeeding in the diamond-business and started to terrorize the local population in areas like Masina, Selembao, Bumbu, Makala, Ngaba, N’djili and Kimbanseke and in the mid 2000s becoming worser and spreading to normal quarters and abroad (Brazzaville). They became more powerful because of influent politicians and businessmen started to finance them for personal missions. In 2013 General Kanyama came with  Operation Likofi, which made many Kuluna’s getting killed by the police and population (burned in the street, tortured, etc.). It made the kuluna dissapear for 2 years in Kinshasa, but it came back and  worser, spreading even to areas and quarters like Binza, Gombe and Limete.

archos #4 on: April 06, 2021, 10:14

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i used to wonder the same thing back in the days but then my brother explained to me that  it all started from a scene of a man coming outside of his street ranting and crying,you know that spectacular type of crying some of us africans have of rolling around beating yourself and so on and he was saying that his mrs had ruined all their money of his salary into a night of partying and doing her wigs nails and all that,then the story got taken to mosaka's brother levieux mavuzi,who started developping it with his shaker,then  guylain mozindo of kibinda nkoy also starting to create until it gave the complete version genta used at francophony event

Manzambi94 #5 on: April 07, 2021, 06:38

• View Profile
I see, I always thought that the crie was about combattants in Europe blocking musician concerts, I had never thought it could be coming from this.