Author Topic: THE STORIES OF WENGE MUSICA 4X4 AND EXTRA MUSICA  (Read 83962 times)

Tunutu #45 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27

• View Profile
Tutu Calugi had really diffculty to adampt himself as an atalaku in the beginning, he was really a 'faux animateur' maybe that's also the reason that he didn't participate in the album Anges Adorables.
As archos has rightly said, Yombo Lumbu Tutu Kaludji joined Wenge Musica as a tenorist seeking to replace Manda Chante but it was Aimelia who was picked to replace Manda Chante. Tutu has another talent and it was animation so he was sent to the animation section just like they did to Ferre Gola. Tutu was unleashed on the album Pentagone and remember Ferre Gola has also claimed he helped compose the animation for the album Pentagone which came after Alain Makaba's Pile Ou Face.  Tutu Kaludji was not a faux animateur, he was perfect and completely changed the animation style. All top atalukus give maximum respect to Tutu for introducing the tenor singing type of animation, even top falsetto atalukus like Bill Clinton,Gessac and others highly rate Tutu and say he was a pioneer and after his error, it is them.

I am suprise to learn that Titina did animation on Pile au face, he sounded like Caludgi, when Wenge Musica came to Tanzania in 1996 Ferre and Roberto were the atalaku, by that time Roberto was still a lead animator and people were crazy when he was rapping. They came back in 1997 with Tutu Caludgi and Alain Makaba who was not present in their first tour, You could see the effects of the solo Albums, Makaba and Mpiana stole the show. Makaba came on stage  after they have performed some few songs, and people went crazy, Pile Au Face Video was repeatedly aired on Local TV, so he was the most popular among the leaders. Then after the show Werra was  interviewed by a local TV in which he announce his album which would feature Koffi Olomide as an invitee. I wish it could have happened, I am sure Werra Solo album would have been a bomb.

Unlike JB Mpiana who used Wenge Musica musicians and Papa Wemba as the only invited guest on his solo album, Alain Makaba had a completely different plan for his solo album and used mainly outside musicians like Dindo Yogo,King Kester Emeneya and Sam Mangwana. On animation Makaba used Roberto Enkokota the Wenge ataluku then strangely also used drummer Titina Alcapone on animation, we know Alcapone is also multi talented but that was a surprise having him on animation, it is for that even Madilu System also featured him(Alcapone) on animation on one the 1999 album L'eau.

mvulusi96 #46 on: March 17, 2014, 21:32

Wenge was lucky to having support from Mobutu's children. They they would have many blockades if it wasn't the case, because nobody from the 3th generation did like them, even Emeneya didn't like them in the begin of their succes. Emeneya did even diss them in the song Riva Dimbala, concerts and in a radio show with Bolowa Bonzakwa.

archos #47 on: March 17, 2014, 21:42

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Wenge was lucky to having support from Mobutu's children. They they would have many blockades if it wasn't the case, because nobody from the 3th generation did like them, even Emeneya didn't like them in the begin of their succes. Emeneya did even diss them in the song Riva Dimbala, concerts and in a radio show with Bolowa Bonzakwa.

yeah that's why jb,blaise and werra keep dedicating their mother  almost two decades after mobutu is gone,i am sure they are grateful for how they were supported
imagine if saddam was alive,he could easily have been the one to succeed in a  clan wenge project of concerts years after split

mvulusi96 #48 on: March 17, 2014, 22:32

yeah that's why jb,blaise and werra keep dedicating their mother  almost two decades after mobutu is gone,i am sure they are grateful for how they were supported
imagine if saddam was alive,he could easily have been the one to succeed in a  clan wenge project of concerts years after split

Yes I think so.

Tunutu #49 on: March 18, 2014, 06:24

• View Profile
I am surprised to learn that Titina was the one who animated on Pile Au Face, he sounds like Totou Caludgi, I remember when the album came out, we thought that Makaba had gone Solo, because the album didn't reflect the music we used to hear from Wenge Musica, actually the album engineered the down fall of Wenge, When they came to Tanzania in 1997 Makaba was driven in an open Mercedes Benz, that was because he was the most popular Musician among Wenge by the time due the fact that Pile Au Face was aired constantly on local TV stations, when they were paraded through the streets of Dar es Salaam most of the fans were running to salute Makaba, by then the Congolese Music had taken Tanzania by storm, it was the buzz of the country. That drew a lot of jealous among other leaders. During the concert Makaba took the stage after the band had played some  songs, and he was received by a thunderous applause. After the show Werasson was  interviewed by a local journalist and announce that he will record an album featuring Koffi Olomide to follow the path of Makaba who featured  Kester and JB Mpiana who featured Papa Wemba.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:26 by Tunutu »

archos #50 on: March 18, 2014, 11:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah absolutely spot on, koffi even mentioned kibuisa mpimpa in loi,in the song motomolo,him and werra were very close

shamala #51 on: March 19, 2014, 18:38

• View Profile
I am surprised to learn that Titina was the one who animated on Pile Au Face
am still suprised

PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

pierrefelix537 #52 on: July 05, 2014, 07:52

makaba also participates in the album wake up can anyone tell me what song

Roga Roga #53 on: May 05, 2015, 18:52

• View Profile
where Abillisi go? Anyone with a photo of regis touba, pinochet thierry, anaurd laguna , cyrill malonga, gildas pozi, emery mbonda and mellon gakana please post on the forums so that i can know them

Roga Roga #54 on: May 05, 2015, 18:53

• View Profile
where Abillisi go? Anyone with a photo of regis touba, pinochet thierry, anaurd laguna , cyrill malonga, gildas pozi, emery mbonda and mellon gakana please post on the forums so that i can know them

Roga Roga #55 on: April 02, 2016, 06:37

• View Profile
"the two first guys to play music outside church
were quentin moyascko who had a group in
street in the quarter of talangai and roga roga
who was member of tradi-modern group of roi
bongol le grand mumboshi alongside members
like papy bombé( who we will later know as
papy kakol),jules kibens and so on"

according to your explanation above,it seems that roga, papy kakol and jules kibens were in the same tradional band?? What is the original countries of both musician mentioned above? can you elaborate more about this incident??

archos #56 on: April 02, 2016, 08:42

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
kakol is from DRC but went to live with his family in brazza for some time and same for kibens

mampenza #57 on: April 02, 2016, 17:51

• View Profile
So Papy Kakol he is from Congo Brazzaville?
Wow so they really did that Kindoki thingfor success, wow so shameful

Bepari2016 #58 on: May 20, 2016, 09:51

• View Profile
Bonjour Archos,
Does the word Mbonda means a percussive instrument known as bongos? I see in this article Ali Mbonda ,...so and so Mbonda as here  in Tanzania I used  to attend concerts of Tanzania based Congolese band FM Academemia in which theere was a bongo beater knowa as Sefu Mbonda

archos #59 on: May 20, 2016, 09:56

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 yes  its percussions,mbonda players are often next to bass players and second atalaku