Author Topic: 37 YEARS OF QUARTIER LATIN  (Read 769 times)

jordanlumbala101 on: November 26, 2023, 08:22

• View Profile

Matebu #1 on: November 26, 2023, 18:51

• View Profile
Let’s be honest - orchestre QLI akufa depuis 2006

archos #2 on: November 26, 2023, 19:08

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
these days i am starting to kinda understand koffi's choice,cindy seems to him "safer" than the amount of drama men in and around the group and himself has brought and still continue to,the amount of people he's lost in "betrayal" form in the recent years is unprecedented and unfortunately quartier latin is a collateral damage its sad but i think koffi is seeing it as a damage limitation not to even bother trying to push quartier latin again then it opens further bad doors potentially around him
and it says a lot that such a proud person like him accepts throwing away the possibility of creating other stars to prove a point,in order to try to fight with the damage he already faces with the people "he created"
in a normal context,koffi's best option would have actually been to try his best to maintain a strong quartier latin but he never tried it
theoretically its muchhhhh easier for him to try to promote than not to try,from our fan perspective,but he surely fears what could come along with it,and many of the recent events around him look bound to comfort him even more about his "decision"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 19:12 by archos »

CM PRINCE #3 on: November 26, 2023, 21:32

• View Profile
What about the drama that Cindy’s brought into the group and his personal life? The amount of guys that have left because of her is long itself. Let’s be honest 2007/08 squad was quite decent and he could’ve made stars from that squad but then when that team got phased out by 2009 it was dead. The recent team in légende had potential but again they’re slowly getting phased out.

archos #4 on: November 26, 2023, 21:44

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah i do agree but that drama of cindy is the visible side of the iceberg,and probably thats why he thinks he handles it since it only depends on him to start proudly recognizing cindy's new status while the rest has been a lot out of his control
i was thinking about it this weekend and i realised that we vent(rightfully)at her for quartier latin but at the same time she seems to have filled some gaps for koffi,all the negative side of her arrival aside
men's heartbreak,losing all the singer session bar asso montana and shela she was there
then the 10 year of koffi affair she seems to have stood by koffi far more than aliya especially in the crucial last moments and koffi repays her like that
deep down her arrival and rise in status made a lot of underground things explode for the better and the worse(in koffi's perspective)
our leaders are rarely grateful people but when they decide to be especially to a band member its often extreme

Jdog #5 on: November 27, 2023, 05:58

• View Profile
A lot of talent has gone through Quatier Latin over the past 37 years, sucks that Fally is the only one really doing his thing on a solo level where as Maison Mere have everyone else it seems. So it seems that Koffi doesn't care anymore about the perception of Cindy being his second wife or first wife now I should say.   
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

CM PRINCE #6 on: November 27, 2023, 11:45

• View Profile
A lot of talent has gone through Quatier Latin over the past 37 years, sucks that Fally is the only one really doing his thing on a solo level where as Maison Mere have everyone else it seems. So it seems that Koffi doesn't care anymore about the perception of Cindy being his second wife or first wife now I should say.
True but to be fair in quartier latins defence the amount of solo stars is due to Koffi stoping the group system in 2006, like with maison mère at least every generation has a strong solo artist. Imagine if Maison Mère stopped producing stars after the dream generation left in 2004/5 it would only be Ferre going strong as a solo artist, and Heritier too to an extent maybe. I do agree though the fact that only Fally is doing well as a solo artist from quartier latin is a joke but majority of ex quartier latin members are in Europe, Before the generation of Fally no one was able to make it as solo artist before 1997.

Longbluesquid #7 on: November 29, 2023, 12:46

• View Profile
I thought there was a Quartier Latin album on the way?

Manzambi94 #8 on: November 29, 2023, 18:14

• View Profile
True but to be fair in quartier latins defence the amount of solo stars is due to Koffi stoping the group system in 2006, like with maison mère at least every generation has a strong solo artist. Imagine if Maison Mère stopped producing stars after the dream generation left in 2004/5 it would only be Ferre going strong as a solo artist, and Heritier too to an extent maybe. I do agree though the fact that only Fally is doing well as a solo artist from quartier latin is a joke but majority of ex quartier latin members are in Europe, Before the generation of Fally no one was able to make it as solo artist before 1997.
Why did Soleul, Montana, Bouro (no Bouro actually tried) Mirage never tried to make it big solo and focus in making it a career like Fally did, cause yes I can understand not having stars after 2006 but it is really crazy that only Fally was the only star that Fally was the only star came from  QL (AND NO Ferre and Brigade don't count, Ferre was already famous and if he wasn't broke he probably would have gone solo earlier, and for Brigade, I don't think anyone was expecting Brigade to have a successful solo career if he left QL and never joined Maison Mere, look at where Bebe Kero is)

Mukulu #9 on: November 29, 2023, 18:17

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #10 on: November 29, 2023, 18:33

• View Profile
Why did Soleul, Montana, Bouro (no Bouro actually tried) Mirage never tried to make it big solo and focus in making it a career like Fally did, cause yes I can understand not having stars after 2006 but it is really crazy that only Fally was the only star that Fally was the only star came from  QL (AND NO Ferre and Brigade don't count, Ferre was already famous and if he wasn't broke he probably would have gone solo earlier, and for Brigade, I don't think anyone was expecting Brigade to have a successful solo career if he left QL and never joined Maison Mere, look at where Bebe Kero is)
Mirage did try and his debut album in 2007 was actually very successful they were even placing him behind Fally and Ferre along with Lacoste and Kabose. Them 5 took 5th generation by storm, but mirage didn’t succeed because he didn’t go back to kin to promote his album, and didn’t even have a concert in Europe to promote the album, instead he chose to rejoin Koffi for concerts in Europe which pissed off Fally Apocalypse and co because they felt like he wasted his career. Even till now Fally still reminds him how he wasted a golden opportunity. That time they met in America a few years ago Fally went to go see Mirage’s showcase and introduced him to some guys and told him that he should’ve been bigger

Montana had a decent start and actually had a good group but his problem was he overstayed in QL after everyone else left and his career was blocked by some leaders. Soleil not having a big producer like Bouro.
Loool you need to stop saying Brigade is successful, Mirage did better in his solo career then Brigade did, but if you ask brigade he always says he’s a QL child first and foremost maison mère he just passed through. Ferre has been saying recently he’s Wenge and QL child.

Wenge1995 #11 on: November 30, 2023, 07:23

• View Profile
Mirage did try and his debut album in 2007 was actually very successful they were even placing him behind Fally and Ferre along with Lacoste and Kabose. Them 5 took 5th generation by storm, but mirage didn’t succeed because he didn’t go back to kin to promote his album, and didn’t even have a concert in Europe to promote the album, instead he chose to rejoin Koffi for concerts in Europe which pissed off Fally Apocalypse and co because they felt like he wasted his career. Even till now Fally still reminds him how he wasted a golden opportunity. That time they met in America a few years ago Fally went to go see Mirage’s showcase and introduced him to some guys and told him that he should’ve been bigger

Montana had a decent start and actually had a good group but his problem was he overstayed in QL after everyone else left and his career was blocked by some leaders. Soleil not having a big producer like Bouro.
Loool you need to stop saying Brigade is successful, Mirage did better in his solo career then Brigade did, but if you ask brigade he always says he’s a QL child first and foremost maison mère he just passed through. Ferre has been saying recently he’s Wenge and QL child.

He didn't enjoy his time in Maison Mere? Brigade participated on Sous Sol, Temps Presents, and Techno Malewa Sans Cesse Vol.1 which is more than with Koffi. I'm guessing he was sidelined because Koffi was upset about Bebe Kero staying behind in Europe, but it's weird that he came back briefly for Danger de Mort and Skol Longitima – that fight with Apocalypse really screwed him!