Author Topic: Quiz: Who is your favorite Drummer and why?  (Read 27013 times)

BG-ground #45 on: November 06, 2014, 16:38

• View Profile

Mkaya #46 on: November 06, 2014, 17:10

• View Profile
Richacha 1900 to 2014?  Djodjob, rectify.

;D ;D ;D There is nothing to rectify Man. Richacha performed with the top Artists in Congolese Music, performed with the top Artists in Reggae, performed with the top Artists in French Rap, performed with the top Artists in Dancehall, etc. Please name  only one Congolese Drummer from 1800 to 2014 who achieved this.

Excellent analysis Djodjo B. Just amazed how one Seskain Molenga does not get a mention in such a topic :o ??? :(

Rajogi #47 on: November 06, 2014, 19:37

• View Profile
Awilo Longomba is a drummer???

Djodjo B #48 on: November 06, 2014, 19:42

Richacha 1900 to 2014?  Djodjob, rectify.

;D ;D ;D There is nothing to rectify Man. Richacha performed with the top Artists in Congolese Music, performed with the top Artists in Reggae, performed with the top Artists in French Rap, performed with the top Artists in Dancehall, etc. Please name  only one Congolese Drummer from 1800 to 2014 who achieved this.

Excellent analysis Djodjo B. Just amazed how one Seskain Molenga does not get a mention in such a topic :o ??? :(

I think it’s due to the fact that Seskain Molenga is from the first generation (if I can call it like that) of Drummers from Modern Congolese Rumba/Soukous.
There are also guys like Boffi Banengola (Mpongo Love, Abeti Masikini, Papa Wemba’s MOLOKAI, etc.) and Komba Bellow (Mpongo Love, Abeti Masikini, Lokwa Kanza, etc.). Young people born in the eighties do not know these Guys. It's like me, I've read some news names I never heard before.

NEWSIDE96 #49 on: November 06, 2014, 19:58

• View Profile
How can I forget Komba lol, he is a really good drummer and he can play any style even modern day

SoukousFan #50 on: November 06, 2014, 20:04

• View Profile

Was, yes. he was a drummer for Viva la Musica way back in '86, and for his group Nouvelle Generation, in the early '90s. After that, he changed drumming for singing (don't they?)

Djodjo B #51 on: November 07, 2014, 12:06

Was, yes. he was a drummer for Viva la Musica way back in '86, and for his group Nouvelle Generation, in the early '90s. After that, he changed drumming for singing (don't they?)

He is now singing but still plays drums. He is more a Drummer than a Singer even though he is well known as a Singer.

Djodjo B #52 on: November 08, 2014, 12:11

Check this out! Richacha on Drums (with Barrington Levy)...I love the vibes from 4 min 45" to 9 min 15" (Rolls, speed and breaks).