Author Topic: MY REVIEW OF IBRATOR AND LES CONTREMAITRE ALBUM  (Read 7630 times)

archos on: August 08, 2017, 18:52

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
CONTEXT

nearly 1 year ago now, the group light music  lead by fabregas was rumoured to have "lost" in angola several major members with some sources claiming  a big leader was behind it and it all started from an argument between fabregas and his chef d'orchestre ibrator
around 8 months ago,confirmation of the news with ibrator,keyboard player adada,percussionist taboch and the spokesman mbonzo leave the group and create the concept " les contre maitre" a group in which three of the 4 co-founders have advanced degrees of music at INA and all play several instruments and write songs
7 months later they drop  their first album PLAN B

here is my review of that album, recorded in  ndiaye and lofombo's studio,produced by koffi central and the label of ndombolhino

1  bebe  the type of generiques which can take days or weeks to enjoy it but once you like it becomes a bit addictive  7/10 for me
2 papa anatole  the typical studio ndiaye generique,agressive sound from first second,starting with them taking the piss at their ex friend and leader,a religious song as transition then explosive sebene but with only one topic : sex 8/10 (minus 1 for too much of that topic lol)
3 kaniaka a mix of philosophy and personal story with the author ibrator expressing his deep feelings about how he felt humiliated in his fallout with his friend and how he never thought this would happen one day 8 / 10 for the conception of the songs and the emotional singing
4 cercueil by spokesman mbonzo, the story of a woman who loves a man to death and hints that one day she might die because of some treatment he gives her,a progression from slow rumba do some rumba/mutuashi mix with the chorus heavily inspired from  bouro mpela's calvaire(which is also inspired from an old song i cant recall)  6,5 -7 for me
5 Ba chinois,starting with some very interesting zouk/kizomba introducing female singer prisca then rumba introducing all the singers of the group 7/10 (minus 1 for the length lol)
6 Dorsal dodo by adada,a rather surprising lead singing role for adada,probably the best song of album with great interaction between adada and ibrator who surprised me with an almost perfect impersonation of chai ngenge ibuba 9 /10
7 la mignonne by taboch  le perc, starting like some pop music and ending on rumba/folk,reminiscent of some songs of late papa wemba's maitre d'ecole 7,5/10
8 Buzz by ibrator also starting  a bit like some pop then grows into some pure rumba,with the title of the songs saying it all,with ibrator likening the way people film other guys about to die instead of helping them just for the sake of buzz on internet to how the lover is exposing  to people how he has gone and left behind the other lover sad and distraught 7/10
9 roule by taboch,another song of somebody feeling abandoned/betrayed  by his lover ,a song which was initally done on a coupe decale rhythm but later changed to that version with still a driving beat and the chorus  saying " you screwed me 7,5 /10

overall a quite good album with the advantage of having a reasonable number of songs,while they had found 18 customers  ibrator and his friends decided to release half that number for a start

Toolz #1 on: August 08, 2017, 20:12

• View Profile
They really put their training in INA to good use. When I first heard one of their songs,Ba Chionis, I was like these guys dont sound like greenhorns that they must have been doing music for quite some time. They tried to explore different musical terrains with these album. Nice effort!

Jdog #2 on: August 08, 2017, 23:29

• View Profile
The generiques, Dorsal Dodo and some vocals in Ba Chinois are worth listening to in my opinion.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Mwana Nsalu #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:02

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
i've been wanting to buy it based on the songs released already but this review gives me more confidence. will buy it tomorrow

Manzambi94 #4 on: August 10, 2017, 00:09

• View Profile
Way better music than Fabregas and his shit Atari sounding music

Matebu #5 on: August 10, 2017, 00:23

• View Profile
I wish these guys chose a slight less crowded time to release the album than early July. It's not getting the attention it deserves by the public.

Amen, but he's too busy yapping his mouth since his "anticipated" group album was underwhelming. 

Manzambi94 #6 on: August 10, 2017, 00:30

• View Profile
I wish these guys chose a slight less crowded time to release the album than early July. It's not getting the attention it deserves by the public.

Amen, but he's too busy yapping his mouth since his "anticipated" group album was underwhelming.
Yes they should have wait earlier, but they wanted to proof Fabregas they were better but I think it will be like the Marquis Album, started low and the slowly received the deserved recognition for Fabregas I think he doesn't realize that this constant hypocrisies are damaging him and the group, he think he is Werra  and he is jealous of Koffi since he can do whatever and being forgiven and disses Fally because of that incident they had but people are being tired of him and are not paying attention to him anymore

Matebu #7 on: August 10, 2017, 04:14

• View Profile
Kaniaka and Dorsal Dodo have been on rotation for weeks .. top top notch

Jdog #8 on: August 10, 2017, 07:22

• View Profile
Say what you want about Fabregas but he and his group made a quality album. And that "Atari" sounding music has been popular ever since Anapipo.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Jdog #9 on: August 10, 2017, 07:23

• View Profile
Koffi hasn't talked about this album once.

Manzambi94 #10 on: August 10, 2017, 10:05

• View Profile
Say what you want about Fabregas but he and his group made a quality album. And that "Atari" sounding music has been popular ever since Anapipo.
In fact it was a quality album because there wasn't Fabregas's style and for that Atari sound popular doesn't mean good, Fally I'd making success with his new album but there isn't a quality song on the album and for Fabregas, he got away with it once with Mascara but you know it only happened one time now he is back to being a local singer because the quality of his generiques dropped bad time

archos #11 on: August 10, 2017, 12:56

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Koffi hasn't talked about this album once.

i believe they plan a slow promotion and koffi is not the only producer anyway its shared with ndombolhino's label

Mwana Nsalu #12 on: August 14, 2017, 20:23

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
its finally on google play. i may still buy it at a later date but glad to finally hear the whole thing. still digesting it. its really good though.