Author Topic: SPEAKING OF TENORIST ATALAKUS  (Read 4532 times)

NEWSIDE96 on: May 04, 2018, 19:45

• View Profile
Speaking of Tenorist atalaku's these 3 completely changed animation for ever.

1) Tutu Caludji (the first)
2) Mboshi Lipasa (the second)
3) Theo Mbala (the underrated)

I swear Theo had some crazy melody when animating I explain later on below.

CM PRINCE #1 on: May 04, 2018, 20:09

• View Profile
That list is accurate but only tutu gets the praise (and celeo too) because Congolese music is wenge bias mboshi and Theo and CNN are underrated

archos #2 on: May 04, 2018, 20:31

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 cnn mboshi and theo unfortunately kind of disappeared too early by 2002 2003 we got less and less from them while other tenorists remained active
talking about tenorists i was watching an old video of maison mere in studio here for malewa diego looked a completely different person quite a drastic downfall he's had ever since the combined deaths around him,never been the same

CM PRINCE #3 on: May 04, 2018, 21:00

• View Profile
Yeah but Archos tutu became a singer by 2001 2002 but everyone always constantly praises him

mvulusi96 #4 on: May 05, 2018, 00:32

Yeah but Archos tutu became a singer by 2001 2002 but everyone always constantly praises him

because he came in 1994 with a new style of doing animation which motivated many artists and made people going crazy about him. With guys like Mboshi Lipassa, Theo Mbala, Bizima Kondos, Patou Bofosa, Guy Moller, Papy Cocaïne, Pecos, etc. being recruited in bands in his image. If you witnessed that era you would understand how much his impact was. All those Streets atalaku's (also Bill Clinton who was his pire petit) were finishing animations like the way he doing "mamu mamu mamu mamu, mama mama mama" and many other antics he got. Is influence was not only big in Congo, but also in Africa where Dj's in Cameroun, Benin, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Guinee took his name and some were imitating his voice. Calugi is one of the 5 most influent atalaku in DR Congo (next to Nono Monzoluku, Djuna Mumbafu, Ekokota & Bill Clinton Kalonji).

On number two of tenorist atalaku's a would put Celeo on number two. None of the generics he participated in Wenge Maison Mere flopped and stayed there 10 years performing in Zenith, Bercy, Palais des Sports, Forest National, Cirque Royal, Stade des Martyrs, Palais du Peuple, etc. The animation of the dance koyimbi-ko which is one of the 3 most popular animation/dance of DR Congo (next to Ndombolo and Kwassa-Kwassa). While most alot of cries Mboshi did in Quartier Latin where those Calugi was doing in Wenge. The Loi-generique was recorded in last minute with the cries Calugi started doing in concerts after Feux de L'Amour (bayeba te somo for example). The popular crie Mboshi did at Olympia, Zenith, Brixton Academy & in Droit de Veto was created by Celeo, who made it to praise Andre Kimbuta who was then the boss of footballclub AS Vita. After Sanction Mboshi hadn't the succes anymore he got before and his return to Quartier Latin was so/so. His animations were good in Danger de Mort and concerts, but the fame wasn't there anymore. Theo Mbala is also a good atalaku, but isn't creative all the cries he did in Big Stars those of Defao using Shamukuale of Quartier Latin and those of Wenge EL Paris. When he was in Bozi's Anti Choc he was doing the animations of Gentamicine & Calugi,which they did at Zenith,Olympia& TH and also those of Celeo & Bill of Solola Bien. If he was active in this era he wouldn't get a chance in a band. He joined Bozi on the wrong moment, because when he joined all albums Bozi was releasing were flopping. CNN is a good atalaku, but thing with him is that the generics he made in Quartier Latin (Attentat & Force de Frappe) didn't have alot of impact in DR Congo. In Europe and Africa it had a big impact, because Koffi had a big fanbase there. At that moment in Kinshasa atalaku's who were it doing well were Bill Clinton Kalonji, Celeo Scram, Alpatshino, Gentamicine & Calugi. Effrakata was the moment to confirm is name as big atalaku in Kinshasa but he was then left behind. The generic Quartier Latin Integral made (Volte Face) was a huge succes in countries of West and Eastern Africa, but in DR Congo nobody knows about that generic. If you ask if they know Quartier Latin Integral they will say no. He had good cries in Monde Arabe, but those generic where at that moment not well received, being released during the time Alerte Generale & Miracles came out. CNN also already left QL before Monde Arabe so he could not promote it.

1. Tutu Calugi
2. Celeo Scram
3. Gentamicine (before he voice changed). I love that mantshimba kolele nsiama and many other cries at Zenith '99 and Ya Pas Match, it's a shame that they didn't let him put alot of animations on TH. But on the other side it's was also good because it made use discover those then new Tshiluba-animations Calugi made after Ya Pas Match.
4. Mboshi Lipassa
5. Theo Mbala

BrazzaBoy #5 on: May 05, 2018, 02:34

• View Profile
Would kila mbongo be considered tenorist/caludjist too ?

Matebu #6 on: May 05, 2018, 02:58

• View Profile
Would kila mbongo be considered tenorist/caludjist too ?

Nah, he's a pure falsetto. At concerts he would loose his voice, later on he had serious throat issues, which cut his career short.

Speaking of Extra.... ndekos I strongly believe Arafat 3500v should be credited as Brazza's best natural tenor, he shaked up the competition Brazza & Kin with his legendary solo performance on Trop C'est Trop, which came by chance after Nkila Mbongo was sidelined.

BrazzaBoy #7 on: May 05, 2018, 03:06

• View Profile
Yeah when I was a kid before I knew there was a difference between brazza and kin I just assumed all music came from Kin and around the time the trop c’est trop video came out I remember playing the song over and over again shit was bumping. I was shook when I found out years later they were from Brazza. So yeah I could kind of see why you would say he shook things up

Congolitude #8 on: May 05, 2018, 12:14

• View Profile

3. Gentamicine (before he voice changed). I love that mantshimba kolele nsiama and many other cries at Zenith '99 and Ya Pas Match, it's a shame that they didn't let him put alot of animations on TH. But on the other side it's was also good because it made use discover those then new Tshiluba-animations Calugi made after Ya Pas Match.

This cries "mantshimba kolele nsiama" was also used by Ocean in Force de Frappe and at Bercy of Koffi