Author Topic: TOI ET MOI  (Read 8530 times)

EMOVICTEAM on: August 22, 2013, 07:41

• View Profile
The past generiques released, I think its the number one. Alverito Solo, that guitarist is good and looks like Pitchou Concorde....

The first atalaku shown with stylish white snickers was exceptional just like the rest. Drums were good and overall recording was superb..

If only fally was not a wana be, he would be much superior than he is....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:43 by 11 »

Mwana Nsalu #1 on: August 22, 2013, 14:58

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
i can honestly say it is my favorite generique. i've stated several times before i'm not really a fan of generiques. i prefer the old style where a song starts slow then goes into a sebene as opposed to the whole song being sebene and not much singing and also not being able to understand the atakalus most times frustrates me a lot lol but this one upon hearing it the set up into it and everything. it is my favorite.

as for fally being a 'wanna be' i think people are way to harsh on this guy for real. as far as congolese music goes from what i've heard and learned he is not the first congolese artist to use a lot of different musical genres to influence him whether it is american music or music from other places. far from the first and will not be the last. a lot of mpongo love's early work was a straight rip of the motown sound no one calls her or empompo loway 'wanna be'. on the contrary we applaud their work. fally makes great music and this is his lane, pushing the envelop and mixing different music yet still in the end it is genuinely congolese. that's my two cents.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 14:58 by 14 »

EMOVICTEAM #2 on: August 22, 2013, 19:18

• View Profile
<cite>@Mwana Nsalu said:</cite>
i can honestly say it is my favorite generique. i've stated several times before i'm not really a fan of generiques. i prefer the old style where a song starts slow then goes into a sebene as opposed to the whole song being sebene and not much singing and also not being able to understand the atakalus most times frustrates me a lot lol but this one upon hearing it the set up into it and everything. it is my favorite.

as for fally being a 'wanna be' i think people are way to harsh on this guy for real. as far as congolese music goes from what i've heard and learned he is not the first congolese artist to use a lot of different musical genres to influence him whether it is american music or music from other places. far from the first and will not be the last. a lot of mpongo love's early work was a straight rip of the motown sound no one calls her or empompo loway 'wanna be'. on the contrary we applaud their work. fally makes great music and this is his lane, pushing the envelop and mixing different music yet still in the end it is genuinely congolese. that's my two cents.

Bazu, you are right..........well to rate Toi Et Moi, each time I listen to it, automatically it goes right through my blood....that generique is danceable and easy to listen to....I hope all other greats like Werrason, JB, Mopao will do the same...in their upcoming cds...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 19:18 by 11 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: August 22, 2013, 20:58

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It would have been an excellent generique had Fally cut out the last 3 minutes of that shit slow and repetitive rhythm.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 20:58 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #4 on: August 22, 2013, 22:50

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
<cite>@Sylvester said:</cite>
It would have been an excellent generique had Fally cut out the last 3 minutes of that shit slow and repetitive rhythm.

LOL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 22:50 by 14 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #5 on: August 22, 2013, 22:56

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@Mwana Nsalu said:
LOL

When am DJ'ing I always cut stop the song when it gets to that part! It's one problem I find with Werra and Wazekwa too,you cannot play their generiques in full because people on the dancefloor think it's you the DJ messing up yet that's how the music was recorded no wonder these days I find it better to play the old generiques like Titanic,Solola Bien etc not these good for nothing 14 minute sebenes full of monotonie,the only good thing about the new generiques is the solo guitar,it's getting complicated and that's what I like,any generique without or with muted or chopped up solo guitar just puts me off.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 22:56 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #6 on: August 22, 2013, 23:01

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
When am DJ'ing I always cut stop the song when it gets to that part! It's one problem I find with Werra and Wazekwa too,you cannot play their generiques in full because people on the dancefloor think it's you the DJ messing up yet that's how the music was recorded no wonder these days I find it better to play the old generiques like Titanic,Solola Bien etc not these good for nothing 14 minute sebenes full of monotonie,the only good thing about the new generiques is the solo guitar,it's getting complicated and that's what I like,any generique without or with muted or chopped up solo guitar just puts me off.

ha! i can definitely understand your frustration as a dj.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 23:01 by 14 »

shamala #7 on: August 23, 2013, 04:17

• View Profile

Didn't know Sly was a dj.... where does he do his stuff?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:17 by 37 »
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:08

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@shamala said:
Didn't know Sly was a dj.... where does he do his stuff?

I do it as a hobby at private functions like weddings and other african parties etc,at the moment I do it every sunday in a pub run by friends from Zimbabweans here in the U.K, DJ Werrasonique de Zimbabwe was invited special DJ for us a couple of weeks ago when we tried out a new venue.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:08 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS