Author Topic: Archive; Kanda Bongo Man Le Rendez Vous Des Stades 1992 VHS  (Read 3720 times)

mvulusi96 on: October 07, 2016, 00:46

Matebu #1 on: October 07, 2016, 03:23

• View Profile
It's interesting how he went from being the biggest solo soukous artist in the late 80's- early 90's, to being a WOMAD fixture, and to now having lost his celebrity status, being commoner in England.

A friend, who is a concert organizer, stopped organizing concerts for him about 7-8 years ago because of his attempts to solicit and panhandle money from concert goers who had already paid admission. Awilo used to do the same, especially with non-Congolese attendees.

He would say "he's as round as he is tall"  ;D

Kanda South Africa #2 on: October 09, 2016, 16:43

• View Profile
This is my favourite Congolese artist of all time. it really saddens me that he had fallen off the face of Congolese music and has become a stranger to many Congolese. I think exiling himself in Britain/USA was career suicide. The quality of life is great overseas but it the DRC fanbase that keeps you relevant.

I really wish he would make a major comeback but it is wishful at this stage in his life.

I rate Songs such as Bili, Inde Moni and Sana far above anything I've heard in recent years from Congo

SADIKI TIGER #3 on: October 19, 2016, 00:01

• View Profile
Whatsoever the circumstances, the bar he set in East African Countries non of Congolese Artiste may match or will ever match for quite considerable period of time,  and, it is mere fact  since then non of them has been so influential in EAC other than Kanda Bongo Man.

In Kenya he was given 24 hours Personal Non Granta  by the then President of Kenya cause the people had snubbed his political rally including his wife to attend   Kanda Bongo Man Show.

In Tanzania the then President snubbed for quite sometime to meet and resolve the strike  which was called for by the doctors and nurses of the national hospital to attend the Kanda Bongo Man Show! The President left the show reluctantly during mid night to meet with the leaders of doctors and nurses to resolve the crisis which precipitation at the national hospital

He is the legend Congolese musician in EAC whatsoever kind of fate he is facing now.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 00:14 by SADIKI TIGER »

Kanda South Africa #4 on: May 23, 2017, 14:26

• View Profile

He is the legend Congolese musician in EAC whatsoever kind of fate he is facing now.

Yes my friend, this was when songs were made for non-stop dancing. The music made during Soukous era just had so much positove energy. Even the guitar playing in the fast songs is sublime

This 4-in-1 songs everyone is making now are just annoying