Author Topic: MY BALLE DE MATCH VOL 1 REVIEW SOON  (Read 1393 times)

archos on: January 13, 2023, 10:44

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
there is things i appreciated on all recent albums,but this one is the one in which i could gather the most background information about among them like who did what apart from the singers,in my recent reviews i tried to make it a bit more complete real name of the author,those who participated and so on and this time i think i will add the chorus guys from each song

shamala #1 on: January 13, 2023, 13:59

• View Profile
there is things i appreciated on all recent albums,but this one is the one in which i could gather the most background information about among them like who did what apart from the singers,in my recent reviews i tried to make it a bit more complete real name of the author,those who participated and so on and this time i think i will add the chorus guys from each song

Nice , done forget the instrumentalists
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Longbluesquid #2 on: January 14, 2023, 20:58

• View Profile

Yeah I definitely want to know who sung on what song. This was a stellar album.

mrvibes #3 on: January 14, 2023, 22:55

• View Profile
Same here , I really want to know who did the chorus on my favorite song «  Regis le normand » . Sometimes I feel like it’s been done by singers out of BCBG. I’m suspecting Dodi le talent and Dido senga of nouvelle horizon with atshouda…  just saying … 

archos #4 on: January 28, 2023, 17:24

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 1 GENERIQUE ZEBUKA
lead guitar tolbert solo
rhythm guitar french ekembe
bass kalo bass
  keyboard jeremy kitubu and cedric guezula
animation gentamicine lisimo pajo kaluila and fusee de guerre
percussions zoulou mbonda and carlito
 drums seguin mignon maniata
in the tradition of the new bcbg rhythm very influenced by bana odeon and zaiko vibes,the zebuka animation itself being the creation of levieux mavuzi,blanchard mosaka's brother who also gave the same animation to doudou kibinda
8.5/10 most animation except from the zebuka one being known for years,great sound improvement from soyons serieux generiques

2 50 ANS (JB MPIANA TSHITUKA aka PAPA CHERI)                                         
                                                                                     Lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                                     rhythm guitar zygal
                                                                                     bass kalo bass
                                                                                    keyboard jeremy kitubu and guezula
                                                                                   chorus quado atshuda seguin jdl 
                                                                                  drums seguin mignon maniata

song written by pascal poba several years ago and modified by blanchard mosaka,very meaningful song about an old man who has finished class but could not find job hence could never upgrade his life,a rare song of another topic than love
I would put 10/10 if not for the shoutouts at the end,those people are among the main responsibile for situations like that so i make it 9/10

3 ELGA( JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)

lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                                rhythm guitar tolbert solo and french ekembe
                                                                                  bass kalo bass
                                                                                keyboard jeremy kitubu and guezula
                                                                                 chorus by nono fudji quado atshuda josky and interventions of kibens in second part

written by vigas and blanchard mosaka for jb mpiana,the first song ever to leak from album,although with a little missing part at the end which should have originally been done by the female dancers of the group
typical bcbg salsa/charanga first ever jb mpiana song to be added to the project since 2013/14
9/10 solid song whose clip was among those teased years ago

4 RAISONNER(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA) 
                                                                               lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                               rhythm guitar zygal
                                                                               bass kalo bass
                                                                               percussions zoulou mbonda
                                                                               chorus by judol,atshuda,josky and avion
                                                                              drums seguin mignon

since i already knew 50 ans and elga from the concerts,raisonner was the real first balle de match song to discover and i must admit that it stuck to me from the first impression i believe i even restarted two times midway before reaching the end
a relaxing type of song on a way back to home,which was in contention to be the next jb mpiana papa wemba feat in chemin de fer along with two other songs,papa wemba even receives a nice tribute at the end of the song
9/10 i can see it being one of the main concert hits of the album

5 ABED(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                                                               lead and rhythm guitar tolbert solo
                                                                               bass kalo bass and programmed bass
                                                                               chorus by the viva la musica female chorists

rnb song for abed achour,i will be honest not the song i have relistened to the most,written by eldorado for jb mpiana i will say 6.5/10
i think our artists have it difficult to really find which type of songs to do for abed he still does not have a proper hit from all the songs done for him

6 LULENDO( GUELOR BOFILI AKA ATSHUDA DIEGO MILITO)                   
                                                                           lead guitar maitre ficarre
                                                                           rhythm guitar zygal
                                                                           bass kalo bass
                                                                          percussions zoulou mbonda and shaker by carlito
                                                                          chorus by rio de janeiro,nono fudji,atshuda gessan zakoko with a little intervention of jules kibens
the second ever balle de match song since the project started in 2012,a pretty good song with some odemba vibes 7.5/10 

7 BOLOGNA(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)                       
                                                                         lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                          rhythm guitar tolbert solo and french ekembe
                                                                         bass kalo bass
                                                                         percussion zoulou mbonda
                                                                         chorus by propheta,michigan,atshuda hugo boss and jb mpiana

originally destined to be a song of jb mpiana introducing bana boma(hugo and propheta) on an album after the primus experiment,evolved into a solo after the progressive demise of the two guys
beautiful guitars throughout the songs and well sung by jb 8/10

8 GENERIQUE JUMP
                                                                        lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                        rhythm guitar french ekembe
                                                                        bass kalo bass
                                                                        drums blaise esabe
                                                                       animation by chaleur and fusee de guerre
a generique being used for years as one of the female dancers choreography song in concerts especially abroad
not everybody's cup of tea of course,but an energetic kintueni and sebene combo 7/10

9 TED(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                                                      lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                      rhythm guitar zygal
                                                                      bass jossart bass
                                                                      drums seguin mignon
                                                                      keyboards guezula and jeremy
                                                                      chorus quado,modashow,atshuda,kibens with little intervention of judol on some quado parts

another of the almost fully known songs already prior to release,originally destined to chemin de fer but dropped into the balle de match project
fits all the standards of a viral rumba for congolese fanbase,a mix of easy lyrics,a bit of sensuality,with a nice lead guitar at the end aswell 9/10

10 ERU(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                                                     lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                     rhythm guitar zygal
                                                                     bass kalo bass
                                                                     drums seguin mignon
                                                                     keyboard guezula and jeremy
                                                                     chorus jules kibens rio de janeiro jdl

another oldschool rumba,very influenced of the style of los nickelos and african jazz,the "little brother of bea zodeguem" like some of my friends who are fans of bcbg call it
8/10 really refreshing to listen to an album not overdominated by programmed music
good relaxing song

11 TONGA( MODESTE MPETI AKA MODASHOW)
                                                                 lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                                 rhythm guitar zygal
                                                                 bass kalo bass
                                                                chorus modashow didi kalombo judol abel de charme

12 PAROXYSME( FIFI MWAMBA TSHIAMA AKA MAITRE FICARRE)
                                                              Lead guitar tolbert solo and maitre ficarre
                                                              rhythm guitar tolbert solo
                                                              bass kalo bass
                                                              chorus jules kibens rio seguin jdl
the original song which was sung by mignon abraham and bana boma being stolen by abraham for his solo projects,maire ficarre had to come with another song and he picked this one
nice modern odemba song with jb using different voices 8/10

13 GENERIQUE BCBG EN AVANT
                                                              lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                             rhythm guitar zygal
                                                             bass kalo bass
                                                             drums seguin mignon
                                                            animation gentamicine lisimo fusee de guerre and pajo
a good generique,with the surprise use of a guitar effect late lebou kabuya would be proud of 8/10

14 ON EST ENSEMBLE(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                                            bass kalo bass
                                                            drums seguin mignon
                                                            chorus jules kibens rio jdl atshuda nono fudji

a song influenced by west indies music with nice guitar reminiscent of alain makaba at the end  7,5/10

15 NZOLA(BLAISE BONGONGO IYELI AKA SEGUIN MIGNON MANIATA)
                                                          lead guitar  maitre ficarre
                                                          bass sunda bass
                                                          percussion kele mbonda and seguin  mignon
                                                        chorus mignon abraham quadro seguin and jdl in first part,then nono fudji rio jdl atshuda kibens
                                                          vocals of jb mpiana judol jules kibens and didi kalombo
written by songwriter antimo but reworked by jules kibens,originally lead by nono fudji but reworked by atshuda after fudji's departure,typical seguin odemba song being a strong ok jazz fan he always tries to replicate their music whenever he releases rumbas
7,5/10

16 QUADO(JULES FERDINAND NSIMBA MAKIESE AKA JULES KIBENS)
                                                        lead guitar tolbert solo
                                                        rhythm guitar zygal
                                                        bass sunda bass and kalo bass
                                                        percussions seguin
                                                       chorus rio kibens fudji then quado rio kibens jdl
  originally sang by quado but replaced by josky zola,having to sing higher than his natural range,typical complicated jules kibens song,initially a traditional rumba turned into some strange rumba rnb pop mix i would say 7/10 but minus 0.5 for the autotune when josky could not hit high notes

17 PAPY KIBONGUE(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                                   Lead and rhythm guitar tolbert solo
                                                   bass kalo bass
                                                   drums and percussion seguin mignon
                                                  chorus michigan jb mpiana jdl atshuda josky
  a reworked version of an OG version of chemin de fer which was originally meant to be done by jb alain mpela and titina,one of my favourite songs of the album,8.5/10

18 AINSI DIT L ETERNEL(JEAN DIDIER LOKO AKA JDL TRABENDO)
                                                 lead guitar patou solo and tolbert solo
                                                 rhythm guitar zygal
                                                  drums seguin mignon
                                                chorus jdl nono fudji rio then jdl rio seguin fudji quado and kibens towards the end of the singing parts ,vocals by jb mpiana
                                                animation by fusee de guerre pajo and gentamicine
3 identities in one song a start like victoria eleison then a transition to bonioma folklore certainly being influenced by jdl being a former dancer of gekiko(traditional group of young people taking part of some of the mobutu events) and the wenge4X4 rhythm
i would have given 8 or 8.5 but that electric drums i dont think i will ever fully love a sebene with it so its minus 1,also because of that annoying girl voice kibens does when doing chorus animation(the nzoto mabibi one for example)

19 CHOISY MATATA(JULES KIPATI NGOLO ATHOL AKA ZULEMA YAYA)
                                               lead guitar patou solo and tolbert solo
                                               rhythm zygal
                                                percussions by zoulou mbonda
                                                chorus  by propheta,mignon abraham,didi kalombo,josky,metro,zulema,vocals by didi kalombo and josky replacing hugo boss
THE first ever balle de match song,which was basically a compensation for zulema missing out on soyons serieux,very good song from a talented writer,he "assaulted" the microphone like his idol reddy amisi said 9/10

20 IYO LELA(CEDRIC NTUMBA AKA CEDRIC GUEZULA)
                                              lead guitar tolbert solo
                                              rhythm french ekembe
                                              programmed bass and kalo bass
                                              percussion by zoulou mbonda
                                              drums by blaise esabe
                                             chorus by quado judol atshuda judol,vocals by zulema
originally a fudji and abel de charme then a fudji atshuda song it became atshuda and josky,one of the early balle de match songs,another song with a bit of tropical west indies influences merged into rumba
  a solid 7/10 with an extra 0.5 for zulema's vocal what a powerful start of vocal

21 OCEAN DE MIEL(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                            keyboards by cedric guezula and jeremy kitubu
                                           programmed bass and percussions

another "son" of a former song,for instance dis moi amour,slow song in french for danielle sassou from denis christel who seems to try to reconquer her/keep her happy after nathalie bumba taking the edge
 i would give it a 7 but +1 for jb's intelligent singing

22 YEBELA( DANIEL KABASELE MUKAMINA AKA ZOULOU MBONDA)
                                           lead patou solo and st paolo
                                           rhythm french ekembe
                                           drums blaise esabe
                                           percussion by zoulou mbonda and carlito
                                          chorus by metro modashow didi kalombo and atshuda,vocals by modashow replacing hugo boss
                                          animation by pajo and genta
originally sung by metro replaced by didi kalombo,decent song 6.5/10

23 YO NA YO( JEREMY KITUBU)
                                         LEAD patou solo and tolbert solo
                                         rhythm zygal
                                         bass kalo bass
                                         drums seguin and programmed drums
                                        chorus by fudji rio kibens and jdl
                                        percussions  zoulou mbonda

originally sung by nono fudji,reworked by josky zola another "good for the ride back" song smooth music but bloody hell that rio kibens combo can be a bit annoying lol 7.5/10

24 REGIS(JB MPIANA TSHITUKA)
                                        Lead tolbert solo
                                        rhythm french ekembe
                                        bass kalo bass
                                        drums seguin mignon and programmed drums
                                        chorus jb mpiana atshuda judol jdl
the unexpected song,not mentioned on the tracklist but what a good surprise,9/10
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 10:46 by archos »

princesab #5 on: January 28, 2023, 18:06

• View Profile
I thought I heard a different Voice... But I now confirm it was Michigan..

Is he the one with Werra for Now..?!

archos #6 on: January 28, 2023, 18:23

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
no,same name but two different guys one sings high and the maison mere one sings low

Manzambi94 #7 on: January 28, 2023, 19:34

• View Profile

Bro, in the 18th track the first animation after the Rhumba is actually Fusee, it isnhard to confuse him vdcause he has a very similar voice to Genta, but the

Papy Kalala Twenda KuNdimba Timberi
Mwana Mama Timberi
Eric Kitambala Timberi
Mwana Mama Timberi
Fabric e Pembele Timberi
Olivier Longi Timberi
Zaza ZaPro
Thierry Tshimanga Wetu Timberi

Oya Doudou Bosela
Kwenda Kudima
Yeee

Michel Mudiay ya Gueloooor
JB Kumaluta Yaya
Blaise Emanga Timberi

Papa Cherie Ba Yoji
Binadama Ba Yama
Motoo

Animation is him,  I remember it bdcause he used to do that animation a lot in concert.

By the way Pajo in Yebela's Seben snapped especially on the first animation he did there Lekela Wewa

archos #8 on: January 28, 2023, 19:41

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah i did not put in order

princesab #9 on: January 28, 2023, 20:24

• View Profile
no,same name but two different guys one sings high and the maison mere one sings low

What of the Shout out of Act en ciel?!

archos #10 on: January 28, 2023, 20:28

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
thats the new nickname of one of the guys he's been giving shoutout to for  years