Author Topic: what are the best songs in Libre Parcours?  (Read 10006 times)

JV “Lone Ranger” on: April 12, 2015, 15:18

• View Profile
Can someone recommend some songs pls...ain't given this album a chance yet

Jdog #1 on: April 12, 2015, 17:30

• View Profile
For me its all the songs expect Amour en or,Sensation, Echantillon, Obligation, Fin du monde and Faible.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 18:10 by Jdog »
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Mwana Nsalu #2 on: April 13, 2015, 20:22

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
my faves: posologie, fin du monde, sonzo, faible, sensation,  grand djogo & tu ca c'est rien

NEWSIDE96 #3 on: April 13, 2015, 21:45

• View Profile
I go with Fin du Monde as well

Longbluesquid #4 on: April 16, 2015, 05:23

• View Profile
The 3 generiques, toc toc, grand, sonzo this album is played several times in the week very powerful

Mwana Nsalu #5 on: April 16, 2015, 12:53

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
the more i play the album the more i realize this is fallys best work

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: April 16, 2015, 14:25

• Administrator
    • View Profile
the more i play the album the more i realize this is fallys best work
It's because Fally has no song on the album, they are credited to individual members of his band that's why the cover says F'Victeam and not Fally Ipupa!! ;D ;D ;D
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #7 on: April 16, 2015, 15:09

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
unfortunately the mp3s i purchased did not come with liner notes so i dont know who is credited with what but he should carry on the rest of his career with F'Victeam at the helm! seriously. not that i hate his previous works at all (all of his albums are really good in my opinion) but this album is just so balanced and the other singers on there compliment him well

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #8 on: April 16, 2015, 16:10

• Administrator
    • View Profile
unfortunately the mp3s i purchased did not come with liner notes so i dont know who is credited with what but he should carry on the rest of his career with F'Victeam at the helm! seriously. not that i hate his previous works at all (all of his albums are really good in my opinion) but this album is just so balanced and the other singers on there compliment him well
I think you're not getting it!! ;D ;D ;D It's not a Fally Ipupa album,it's an album by his backing band F'Victeam and each of the band members is credited. Fally is simply Executive Producer as the owner of the label,it is Fally who compliments the other singers well with his minor vocal interventions on the songs that is why the album is completely different from what Fally has ever done on his solo albums and that's why you are not the only one to notice the change and regard this album highly like some of us. Fally has led the way in letting band members do their thing and hope he sticks to his promise of letting them do their own concerts.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 21:16 by SLY PAPA NA KEVIN »
LE BIG BOSS

EMOVICTEAM #9 on: April 16, 2015, 18:24

• View Profile
Unfortunately Sly, Congolese music is just like that. Fans across the world will identify the CD as Fally not as Fvicteam. It has happened with Koffi,  JB,  Werra..

Mwana Nsalu #10 on: April 16, 2015, 18:37

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
sly i understand that but i look at it like how werrason has maison mere. its FALLYS group not just a random group. also he is all over the album its not as if he had nothing to do with the direction of the music on the album at all. my point being he should do more with/as FVicteam. let these dudes continue to write and sing with him. this shouldnt be the last album they do like this. This album is more in line with how congolese music has been made over the generations. the solo angle that he and ferre have made famous is a fairly new approach as far as congolese music goes. and while i dont hate it this album has showed me the downside to that approach. it becomes very one dimensional. having different voices and different writers etc gives the album more depth in comparison to his solo albums. i applaud him for putting this album together and hopes he does this more often thats all.

Mwana Nsalu #11 on: April 16, 2015, 18:55

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
for example look back at the legacy of ok jazz. many of their biggest hits were written and composed by people who are not franco yet he is credited for the group as a whole. there are even some that were written by ppl who were never part of the group officially. but he, franco, is the leader. in FVicteam fally is the clear leader. i understand (and like the fact) that he tries to play the background but he is obviously trying to prove himself as a band leader by being executive producer of this project

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #12 on: April 16, 2015, 21:31

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I know what you're saying Mwana Nsalu and EMO especially with Franco however you'll know that there is a difference, when Congolese stars release solo albums, they often just put their name for instance Koffi Olomide but if it's a group album it will be Koffi Olomide et Quartier Latin and each song carries with it credits to the actual author/composer. On this album by F'Victeam, the original cover does not even show the name Fally and he's not on the cover itself,he clarified that off course he was helping with minimal arrangements but each of his band members had to do their own thing then the group gave their interventions artistically to complete the job unlike on his own albums which he actually recorded outside Kin apart from a couple of songs and generiques which are done in Kin.

EMO,look at the album covers of JB Mpiana and Wenge BCBG and see how he did it on his 2 solo albums and the majority which are group albums,do the same for Werra and Maison Mére's albums too,you'll see how they distinguish what is purely a solo album and what is a group album with the boss.
LE BIG BOSS

EMOVICTEAM #13 on: April 16, 2015, 21:43

• View Profile
You are actually correct Sly. What mwana nsalu is saying is that although he is not credited on all songs, you can still tell that he directed with the music and did a lot in advising on cherography.those dances are typical of fally. 

On the other side, I think fally has brought competition.  Ferre must be doing something similar and jb is back in studio. No more laziness now.

Mwana Nsalu #14 on: April 16, 2015, 22:19

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
i think you are complicating what it is i am trying to say with technicalities @sly