Author Topic: Such long lead guitar paritions towards the end are nowadays dead in Rumba's  (Read 1498 times)

Mfumu Vata on: May 16, 2023, 22:31

• View Profile
Those long lead guitar paritions that we used to hear in rumba's towards the end of the songs dont exist anymore. It already slowly started to dissapear with everybody trying to copy Koffi by having programmed rumba's with a short-sebene of 30 min or totally no lead guitar in the rumba. The from the late 2000s many wanting to replicate those Olivier Tshimanga. It were one of those things that Papa Wemba was complaining about in 2013 but him also not doing it.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: May 17, 2023, 16:00

• View Profile
We need to pressure our artists to bring the lead guitar towards the end of songs. At least JB Mpiana still does it in example his song TED which I love a lot.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: May 18, 2023, 10:57

• View Profile
Really ? I gonna listen to it. These last 10 years I never listened full albums. 2 weeks I tried to do it and finally listened to all the 31 songs of Fally Ipupa's Control. I came to the conclusion that our genre is really dead. I was really dissapointed and wondered how that album was a huge succes 5 years ago. I also wondered why there wasn't an artist that could catch control up at that time. 

Mfumu Vata #3 on: May 18, 2023, 10:58

• View Profile

I forgot to add this one. If I was an artist that was recording a rumba-album, I would invite Beniko Popolipo to play these kind of solo's towards the end.

CM PRINCE #4 on: May 18, 2023, 11:23

• View Profile

I forgot to add this one. If I was an artist that was recording a rumba-album, I would invite Beniko Popolipo to play these kind of solo's towards the end.
Speaking of Beniko this is one of my favourites

Mfumu Vata #5 on: May 18, 2023, 12:12

• View Profile
Solo-artists need to accept to be directed when recording an album like the way Maika Munan used to direct Papa Wemba in Foridoles, Pole Position and Nouvelle Ecriture. Koffi Olomidé being directed by his friend Rigo Star in his early career. Alain Makaba directing Wenge 4x4, etc. There are no classic albums anymore. Look how Fally's music now is since he stopped working/giving Maika Munan the artistic direction.

According to Olivier Tshimanga. One of the reasons about the conflict he had with Ferre Gola, was about him not wanting to be directed and only wanting one rhythm and no any variation in style of playing guitar while Olivier saw it as monotonous. Ferre then switching to Mbetenge who didn't saw any problem in playing the music he wanted.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 12:22 by Mfumu Vata »

BienMat23 #6 on: May 18, 2023, 15:01

• View Profile
Really ? I gonna listen to it. These last 10 years I never listened full albums. 2 weeks I tried to do it and finally listened to all the 31 songs of Fally Ipupa's Control. I came to the conclusion that our genre is really dead. I was really dissapointed and wondered how that album was a huge succes 5 years ago. I also wondered why there wasn't an artist that could catch control up at that time.
You didn’t listen to Zaiko - Seve???

SLK97 #7 on: May 18, 2023, 18:34

• View Profile
I wouldn't say this is a dead art, but I do agree that this is something we hear less of these days. To me, hearing a guitar solo at the end of a rumba is the cherry on top, something that makes a rumba and really makes it something that you can slow dance to.

dany #8 on: May 18, 2023, 23:51

• Music is therapy
    • View Profile
Heritier Watanabe’s latest album is filled with great guitar partitions at end of most rumbas.

Seben_Maniac #9 on: May 19, 2023, 09:46

• View Profile
Heritier Watanabe’s latest album is filled with great guitar partitions at end of most rumbas.

He had some nice ones on his first album. I wish he did more of these. It would put him above fally and ferre in my opinion.

Cavalier Solitaire #10 on: May 19, 2023, 11:52

• View Profile
Funny enough in live concerts they improvise the sebenes at the end of a rumba but they don't see a need to record that in a song. Lol

But Kudos Papa Cheri because Balle de Match has a number of songs in  both volumes that end with a nice slow dance sebene at the end. And that makes BDM a better release among the albums released at the same time.

archos #11 on: May 19, 2023, 14:19

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 bro cavalier,whats even worse with them guys is that its not even the group members who play in studio,they'll hire somebody to do that perfectly blended accoustic with the programmed thing,when their artists are not giving them the result they want,then in lives they actually develop the song with more freedom to the group, its a strange logic
why not just play the song the way its meant to be

Cavalier Solitaire #12 on: May 19, 2023, 17:23

• View Profile
bro cavalier,whats even worse with them guys is that its not even the group members who play in studio,they'll hire somebody to do that perfectly blended accoustic with the programmed thing,when their artists are not giving them the result they want,then in lives they actually develop the song with more freedom to the group, its a strange logic
I hope they realise sooner what they need to do. I hope that Heritier's and Werrason's upcoming album will try and emulate what was done in Balle de Match in terms of style of play since for Heritier, he got his whole group to record in Paris.

BienMat23 #13 on: May 19, 2023, 18:12

• View Profile
Honestly the way they’re played in live is just better even often rehearsal, even Heritiers MAMD which is a great album when some of the rumbas are played live they’re even better

Mfumu Vata #14 on: May 19, 2023, 22:45

• View Profile
You didn’t listen to Zaiko - Seve???

I heard a part years ago in my brother's car. But apart the generiques I wasn't really impressed. I am not a real Zaiko-fan and Zaiko never really convinced me after Avis de Recherche. It's only 2 years ago that I starting liking Poison while in past I used to hate that album. Its a few months ago that I forced myself to listen to Eureka which I used to hate back in the days. I was never able to finish the album. Prefering to listening to Affaire d'Etat & A la Que Leu Leu.