Author Topic: Koffi Olomide - Live at State des Martyrs (2002)  (Read 3544 times)

SLK97 on: January 25, 2020, 23:13

• View Profile

Pablo01 #1 on: January 25, 2020, 23:22

• View Profile

What?! With this bad quality he puts this?! Fortunately that the youtuber Simon Mampers would have put parts of videos of concert in good quality, but damage that it is not in full.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: January 25, 2020, 23:37

• View Profile
Just appreciate it when someone post a video on youtube. It isn't easy to upload a whole VHS on youtube. I could also have hold that VHS for himself and not have shared it on youtube. Also not all videorecorders have the same quality, maybe that he upload through the old television of his kid (those small tvs that parents used to buy for their kids to watch their Disney and Pokemon videos there).

Pablo01 #3 on: January 25, 2020, 23:57

• View Profile
Just appreciate it when someone post a video on youtube. It isn't easy to upload a whole VHS on youtube. I could also have hold that VHS for himself and not have shared it on youtube. Also not all videorecorders have the same quality, maybe that he upload through the old television of his kid (those small tvs that parents used to buy for their kids to watch their Disney and Pokemon videos there).
Okay, yes, imagined that the Youtubeur has his savings, he can buy a VHS recorder or with TV anyway. There are people they are smart and make efforts to redeem or buy, I do not discourage him, he makes good publications. Perhaps he must have a television which can be watched in good quality for HD on DVD.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 00:09 by Pabloone71 »

Mfumu Vata #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:24

• View Profile
Weren't those children who are dancing on 9:03 min the same who danced with Werra during the Stade des Martyrs-event of 2001?

The way they made the VHS, made look like the "plein" was on par with that of JB 3 months earlier. JB Mpiana (he used to sent Tutu Calugi and co) and King Kester Emeneya used to claim that Koffi's concert at Stade des Martyrs was for free, lol.

Ferre Gola & Fally have to hurry up to perform at Stade des Martyrs, because they are already in their 40s. They don't have any reference of a big event in Kinshasa, only focusing on performing abroad. They didn't even perform at Stade de 20 Mai, nor Palais du Peuple, not even the small Stade de 24 November or YMCA. If they don't pay attention, they will be disrespecting by the press over 10 or 15 years, with them being belittled that they haven't done any thing in Kinshasa, forgetting all those concerts in African countries and trophees they received. Because i'm that performing in African countries will have less impact in Kinshasa, the day that concerts in Europe will return. Artists started to focus on performing there when, they weren't able to go to Europe anymore. But back in the days artits of Kinshasa would often perform, to perform at strategic places, quarters and areas like Place Victoire, Yolo, Kasa Vubu, Matonge, N'djili, Masina, Bandalungwa, Matete, Lemba and Barumbu to sement fanbases, proudly saying "la ville est calme" when those concerts were a succes instead of having long African tours in Cameroon, Kenya, Mali, Guinea, Benin, etc. with the risk of being scammed by the tour-promoters at the end of those tours/concerts.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:28 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #5 on: January 26, 2020, 01:52

• View Profile
55:02 min reacting against JB Mpiana & Wenge BCBG insult of being a West African and foreigner. It was not very smart of JB to do that, he was lucky, because Koffi could also sent that video to Alpha Blondy, Youssou Ndour, Meiway  and the journalists of West-Africa to kill his career in that area.

archos #6 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
they are lucky that the younger fans are brainwashed to value even a 10 minute showcase abroad than anything in kinshasa
yeah that was a massive mistake by jb he said once with djo k that it was among his regrets in music and that it was a lack of maturity of doing that and he'd never do such thing
thinking about it the whole story of koffi and jb since the days of blaise kombo funerals its like some mix of mutual admiration and hate for example in zenith 1999 jb sang koffi in courage while koffi sided with nsone  koffi still says until today that outside of kester wemba jb has been the big name he had the best memories with in terms of stars friendship,lol even when they are not friends anymore there are signs they they care about each other and cant just ignore each other really

Wenge1995 #7 on: January 26, 2020, 04:47

• View Profile
@Mfumu Vata

I believe Ferre and Fally neglect African venues like Stade des Martyrs and the like because the venue is not important to them like it was prior generations of musicians or that they fear a loss in money since concert promoters often scam artist who embark on Afro tours.

That's literally the only reason I can imagine why they have largely ignored those venues, do you think I'm onto something or is it off the mark?