Author Topic: Le Quatro de Langa Langa - Grand Job complete VHS (1998)  (Read 2705 times)

SLK97 on: April 16, 2020, 21:12

• View Profile

This was when JPS Production was on the rise as a top African music label. I loved how the videos were edited, what with these transitions and all.

Mfumu Vata #1 on: April 16, 2020, 22:34

• View Profile
The male and female dancers of Bozi, who danced in the Grand Job, +1, Film Ebaluki and Jeu Muke videoclips were really talented. But nobody was paying attention to them. Everybody was focused on those of BCBG, Quartier Latin and the fioti fioti's of Nouvelle Ecriture.

SLK97 #2 on: April 16, 2020, 22:51

• View Profile
I've always been curious. How did Wemba and Bozi balance Le Quatro and their own albums? Especially the former, since he was releasing album after album in 1998. Did they record them at the same time, and release them a few weeks apart from each other? And if Grand Job was a success, how did it benefit their respective albums?

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 16, 2020, 22:58

• View Profile
I've always been curious. How did Wemba and Bozi balance Le Quatro and their own albums? Especially the former, since he was releasing album after album in 1998. Did they record them at the same time, and release them a few weeks apart from each other? And if Grand Job was a success, how did it benefit their respective albums?

They started recorded Grand Job, they finished all their jobs with their own bands. When Wemba started recording the album, Nouvelle Ecriture was about to return to Kinshasa.

both albums (Grand Job & +1) were big flops. Gina, Wemba, Evoloko and Bozi said that Grand Job flopped because they recorded it to quickly and hadn't time to promote it. So when they recorded +1 they really took the time to record it, but that album flopped also, while it was a very good album.

Grand Job was released towards the end of 1998. While 'L was released in June '98, Molokai in May '98 and the clips of Grand Job in the summer of 1999.

Drumstar98 #4 on: April 16, 2020, 23:28

• View Profile

They started recorded Grand Job, they finished all their jobs with their own bands. When Wemba started recording the album, Nouvelle Ecriture was about to return to Kinshasa.

both albums (Grand Job & +1) were big flops. Gina, Wemba, Evoloko and Bozi said that Grand Job flopped because they recorded it to quickly and hadn't time to promote it. So when they recorded +1 they really took the time to record it, but that album flopped also, while it was a very good album.

Grand Job was released towards the end of 1998. While 'L was released in June '98, Molokai in May '98 and the clips of Grand Job in the summer of 1999.

I'm surprised I thought both were receivable especially +1 with very good acoustic quality.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: April 16, 2020, 23:57

• View Profile
for these reasons Wemba made a remix of Penitence in the Banzonkion-album and a new clip of Complice.

When they recorded +1 there were already tensions. Gina Efonge calling Jean Pierre Saah openly a faux producteur and him recording the clips on his own without Wemba, Evoloko & Bozi.

Drumstar98 #6 on: April 17, 2020, 00:11

• View Profile
The clips were put too much effort, to be honest, the guys weren't motivated.