Author Topic: Is there an artist who got a better album than V12?  (Read 3971 times)

Mopao195 on: February 20, 2021, 22:41

• MM
    • View Profile
I've been looking can't find one yet. I'm almost willing to give it the crown for being the greatest soukous album unless yall can name me a better album

Mfumu Vata #1 on: February 20, 2021, 23:52

• View Profile
Soukous ?!!! Koffi never made Soukous. Koffi only made Cavacha (back in the 70s), Tcha-Tcho (his own Rumba-style) and Ndombolo. I think that Dr Sakis's Cyclone of 1993, is the best Soukous-album ever, but that is my opinion. I'm sure that Koffi would be mad if you would say that to him, especially that V12 has his two best rumba's in that album (Fouta Djallon & Aspirine). Koffi often attacked Soukous-artists in his interviews in Paris back in the 90s. When Aurlus Mabele died he never made an instagram-post or little video about on Facebook, nor talking about it in interviews.

V12 is Koffi's best solo album, but not of ndombolo. If people will pick the best Ndombolo album, then they will mostly choose for Loi, Kibuisa Mpimpa, Effrakata or Kin E Bouge. Kin E Bouge was really the new basic and style of all albums that were released by youngsters in the 90s and old stars like Koffi Olomide, Pepe Kalle, etc. also inspiring from it. Because before it was always either you follow the Viva La Musica/Victoria Eleison-style or the one of Zaiko Langa Langa.

Mopao195 #2 on: February 21, 2021, 00:14

• MM
    • View Profile
Soukous ?!!! Koffi never made Soukous. Koffi only made Cavacha (back in the 70s), Tcha-Tcho (his own Rumba-style) and Ndombolo. I think that Dr Sakis's Cyclone of 1993, is the best Soukous-album ever, but that is my opinion. I'm sure that Koffi would be mad if you would say that to him, especially that V12 has his two best rumba's in that album (Fouta Djallon & Aspirine). Koffi often attacked Soukous-artists in his interviews in Paris back in the 90s. When Aurlus Mabele died he never made an instagram-post or little video about on Facebook, nor talking about it in interviews.

V12 is Koffi's best solo album, but not of ndombolo. If people will pick the best Ndombolo album, then they will mostly choose for Loi, Kibuisa Mpimpa, Effrakata or Kin E Bouge. Kin E Bouge was really the new basic and style of all albums that were released by youngsters in the 90s and old stars like Koffi Olomide, Pepe Kalle, etc. also inspiring from it. Because before it was always either you follow the Viva La Musica/Victoria Eleison-style or the one of Zaiko Langa Langa.

ain't ndombolo a dance? and tcha tcho just Congolese rumba? what's the difference between ndombolo and soukous?

BienMat23 #3 on: February 21, 2021, 01:26

• View Profile
I think he is referring to the genre in general being Rumba/ndombolo or whatever you want to call it just not soukous. In that case I think Kibuisa mpimpa (Werra) and Pouvoir(Madilu) are very good albums in that level too

Manzambi94 #4 on: February 21, 2021, 01:31

• View Profile
I've been looking can't find one yet. I'm almost willing to give it the crown for being the greatest soukous album unless yall can name me a better album

I think Extra Musica only can compete with V12 AND LOI as the best album in the 90's and beyond can't compare them to Luambo etc. Cause they are different generation, Wenge Musica Maison Mère and BCBG are good but still to these day none of them produce the quality of an album like the one of V12 and Loi because unlike Koffi Wenge had a very weak rumba compared to Koffi while Wenge was really strong in Animation Extra Musica instead have a style which is Congolese Sebene (at least in the 90's) added with KiKongo proverbes theme songs, and advices so try are to me better in Rhumba section then Wengd but I don't know if they are better then Koffi I can't really recall what album to compare V12 and Loi to Extra Musics

CM PRINCE #5 on: February 21, 2021, 01:44

• View Profile

I think Extra Musica only can compete with V12 AND LOI as the best album in the 90's and beyond can't compare them to Luambo etc. Cause they are different generation, Wenge Musica Maison Mère and BCBG are good but still to these day none of them produce the quality of an album like the one of V12 and Loi because unlike Koffi Wenge had a very weak rumba compared to Koffi while Wenge was really strong in Animation Extra Musica instead have a style which is Congolese Sebene (at least in the 90's) added with KiKongo proverbes theme songs, and advices so try are to me better in Rhumba section then Wengd but I don't know if they are better then Koffi I can't really recall what album to compare V12 and Loi to Extra Musics
Extra Musica can compete against Loi and V12? Did I read this correct? Are you saying that Extra is better than Wenge?? You're forgetting that BCBG has Titanic, TH, and Internet, and Maison Mere has Intervention Rapide, Solola Bien, and Kibuisa that could easily go against Loi and V12. You're also forgetting that  BCBG'S Rumbas Omba, Jeannette, Sans Te Toucher, 48 Heures Gecoco, which each were nominated for best Rumba's, or Maison Mere's Blandine, Chantal Switzerland, Vita Imana, 13 ans, Rendez vous manque which were all massive HITS.

Monsieur Congo #6 on: February 21, 2021, 01:46

• View Profile

Did you just compare Extra Musica to Koffi and Clan Wenge?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Don't ever disrespect Clan Wenge by implying that Extra is better than them, they copied Wenge. 

Muziki #7 on: February 21, 2021, 02:24

• View Profile

Ndeko, these are questions for polemique  ;D ;D There's no Right or Wrong answer to that question. You can not compare Koffis style with other artists...different styles....

Best SOLO Albums of the 90s include

Feux de L'Amour : JB
V12: KOFFI
Sans Commentaires: Madilu
L'amour Au Kilo : Mayaula Mayoni
Pile ou Face: Makaba

Not forgetting the following:
Emotion: Wemba
Azalaki se awa: Gatho Beevans
Romeo & Juliette: By Stino Mubi
Prudence by Reddy Amisi
Pentagone by Wenge
Pepe Kalle and Papy Tex had a few good albums

All These albums helped to cement Congolese music in the world in the 90s. Please listen to all these albums before chosing only one album....

There are also excellent 'Group' albums like
Confirmation by Extra,  Loi (number of vocales from all QL members), Pentagone and all Wenge 4x4 albums were outstanding, Ultimatum by QL,

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #8 on: February 21, 2021, 21:36

• View Profile
I cant say much on this one, but the impact Extra Musica made with etat major, tro cest trop is not to be undermined cause in Southern Africa from This Genre its Koffi - Awilo then Extra Musica, now Fally (few people know clan Wenge, Werrason, worse JB Mpiana is known by mostly Congolese who relocated and the hardcores..... but talk of Extra Musica everyone knows them, but not Roga Roga lol).
RIP - Pepe Kalle and Papa Wemba are also respected this side.

Mopao195 #9 on: February 21, 2021, 22:07

• MM
    • View Profile

Ndeko, these are questions for polemique  ;D ;D There's no Right or Wrong answer to that question. You can not compare Koffis style with other artists...different styles....

Best SOLO Albums of the 90s include

Feux de L'Amour : JB
V12: KOFFI
Sans Commentaires: Madilu
L'amour Au Kilo : Mayaula Mayoni
Pile ou Face: Makaba

Not forgetting the following:
Emotion: Wemba
Azalaki se awa: Gatho Beevans
Romeo & Juliette: By Stino Mubi
Prudence by Reddy Amisi
Pentagone by Wenge
Pepe Kalle and Papy Tex had a few good albums

All These albums helped to cement Congolese music in the world in the 90s. Please listen to all these albums before chosing only one album....

There are also excellent 'Group' albums like
Confirmation by Extra,  Loi (number of vocales from all QL members), Pentagone and all Wenge 4x4 albums were outstanding, Ultimatum by QL,
appreciate the recommendations, Ive only heard Emotion and Feux de L'Amour

BienMat23 #10 on: February 21, 2021, 22:22

• View Profile
Do you people also hold Pouvoir - Madilu in that same standard?

Cavalier Solitaire #11 on: February 22, 2021, 08:40

• View Profile
I cant say much on this one, but the impact Extra Musica made with etat major, tro cest trop is not to be undermined cause in Southern Africa from This Genre its Koffi - Awilo then Extra Musica, now Fally (few people know clan Wenge, Werrason, worse JB Mpiana is known by mostly Congolese who relocated and the hardcores..... but talk of Extra Musica everyone knows them, but not Roga Roga lol).
RIP - Pepe Kalle and Papa Wemba are also respected this side.
Comrade, which southern africa are you talking about where Clan Wenge is not known. You mean Werrason and JB Mpiana with their countless tours of Angola, Malawi, Zambia and South Africa over the years are only known by Congoleese diasporans in these countries? If you said those born at the turn of the millennium and after dont know JB and Werra i would agree unlike the way you put.

BercysFinest98 #12 on: February 22, 2021, 16:24

• View Profile
Don't forget about Extra Musica- Shalaï