Author Topic: Fally 2016 USA tour  (Read 7231 times)

Jdog on: October 15, 2016, 00:24

• View Profile
For all the members and visitors on the forum in the U.S. who might be interested in going.

Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #1 on: October 15, 2016, 00:49

• View Profile
Ah yes, looking forward to the NYC concert on the 5th. Ill try to get some pics and videos for fellow members.

When he first came here as a solo artist it was a small affair, now I believe it's a sold out venue

Jdog #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:19

• View Profile
Matebu, I taught you were based in France this whole time. Did you go his NYC concert last year?
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:43

• View Profile
Matebu, I taught you were based in France this whole time. Did you go his NYC concert last year?

I divide my time between the States and France nowadays. I actually missed that concert where it was the first time he brought F'Victeam and Serge Beynaud opened for him. I believe Kaisari did full coverage for that concert; it was a big success.

The only problem for African artists here is that they all perform at relatively small music clubs and multipurpose halls, so it gets packed quick - sometimes sound programming is a problem.

There no problems with combatants in the US so I recommend they start pushing big halls, maybe even stadiums if various artists unite. With the right promotor, its actually easier for Fally to book Madison Square Garden than Bercy (which won't happen).

Imagine the press he'd get if he's the first African artist to sell out MSG?

Jdog #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:08

• View Profile
Yeah Congolese artists need to start performing here often but I think that once the combattant issue finally settles (or at least they play in Europe again) Europe will always be the foreign base for Congolese music. Unless there is a big artist who is internationally recognized then I don't think a Congolese artists can play a big venue in the U.S on their own, so the smaller venues is the only choice.

EMOVICTEAM #5 on: October 15, 2016, 07:45

• View Profile
Lucky u guys...

mwana_nsalu #6 on: October 15, 2016, 17:03

• Mokonzi Ya Mwasi
    • View Profile
would love to attend but too short notice :( i work nights and have my son i wouldn't be able to make it. but it seems matebu already said its sold out anyway *sigh*

EMOVICTEAM #7 on: October 16, 2016, 06:44

• View Profile
would love to attend but too short notice :( i work nights and have my son i wouldn't be able to make it. but it seems matebu already said its sold out anyway *sigh*
Get some women's day and put your son on your back and dash to the show.

Congomusiclover001 #8 on: October 16, 2016, 09:15

• View Profile
This is B.S!!! He waited till I left Colorado for Germany to now come to Denver...I would have been there, front row too.

Matebu #9 on: October 22, 2016, 03:42

• View Profile
Although it creates unhappy fans, its good that artists are becoming more prudent when dealing with organizers. A number try to take advantage because of language barriers, further creating a bad stereotype for organizers.

Jdog #10 on: October 22, 2016, 08:43

• View Profile
Although it creates unhappy fans, its good that artists are becoming more prudent when dealing with organizers. A number try to take advantage because of language barriers, further creating a bad stereotype for organizers.

This was surprising because I taught this event had good organizers (they probably are) because this isn't their first time having this event and they have big African artists lined up. Hopefully it wasn't the case of them taking advantage over Fally's English barrier, it would have been a big deal if Fally performed because it could've set him up with a new audience with that big of a platform. It says a lot for Fally to be the second if not only non Anglophone artist lined up for the event.   

Jdog #11 on: October 28, 2016, 07:54

• View Profile
Update:The concert in Denver and LA has been postponed to the 18th and 19th of November, everything is the same but the date.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:00 by Jdog »