Author Topic: WHO IS THIS STINO MUBI GUY?  (Read 4974 times)

Manzambi94 on: December 22, 2020, 21:40

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: December 22, 2020, 21:42

• View Profile
Eh oyebi Michael Jackson d’Afrique te ?

BercysFinest98 #2 on: December 22, 2020, 21:47

• View Profile
Is this a question?! YE!

Matebu #3 on: December 22, 2020, 21:47

• View Profile
Bro.... you serious? The man is a legend

Manzambi94 #4 on: December 22, 2020, 21:50

• View Profile
Guys I am 26 I don't know all Congolese musicians of the past so he could be the greatest singer of all time but I really don't know who it is that's why I have asked

Monsieur Congo #5 on: December 22, 2020, 21:52

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #6 on: December 22, 2020, 22:10

• View Profile
Guys I am 26 I don't know all Congolese musicians of the past so he could be the greatest singer of all time but I really don't know who it is that's why I have asked

He used to be in Viva La Musica. He was his LP's MJ Ngoyi and Romeo & Juliette were big hits in the 90s. He used to be Reddy Amisi's rival in Viva La Musica. Stino Mubi had like Reddy Amisi the chance to tour with Papa Wemba around the world (Australia, USA, Canada, Europe, etc.) meeting big stars like Sting, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, etc. Before 1993, Stino Mubi used to be normal but after hearing that Michael Jackson saw his video, he lost his head and tried everything to look like Michael Jackson. From 1998 he would be in a cold war with Papa Wemba for having killed the Viva La Musica-code, by using an atalaku on his album Invitation (Tutu Calugi), Reddy would get the same problem by inviting Mboshi and Somono. In 2000 he wanted to leave, when Papa Wemba started to ignore Viva La Musica "Cour des Grands" and prefered Nouvelle Ecriture above them. But King Kester Emeneya convinced him to stay (the same for Reddy Amisi) and adviced them to prove Wemba a point by working on a duo-album. But the album (Fin d'Exil would flop very hard). The situation would also not chance and Papa Wemba would indireclty hint in interviews that it was time for them to leave Viva La Musica. In 2001, Stino Mubi would finally leave Viva La Musica and start his solo-career. But not 19 years later, he still hasn't released a solo album.

Some of his hits

from 52:40 min acting crazy like a rock-star, but Djanana (father of Maitre Gims) messing it up by just sitting behind him.

from 0:23 min having a special entrance/from 9:08 min again Djanana messing Stino's show up by standing next to him while all singers were gone.

Paysan Congolais #7 on: December 23, 2020, 12:14

• View Profile
As Mfumu said, he used to be BIG. He reached his peak in the early 90's with songs like Méjé Ngoie.
An excellent singer. You should check him out.

BR #8 on: December 23, 2020, 13:59

• View Profile
You ask a legend in the game

CM PRINCE #9 on: December 23, 2020, 14:10

• View Profile
Oh wow...
I love this song featuring Jb and Tutu Callugi

Muziki #10 on: December 24, 2020, 01:08

• View Profile
EEEhh mfwidi.... ;D ;D ;D
This was a legend in his short time, so whenever Papa Wemba was making waves in the World Music scene, thanks to Peter Gabriel and RealWorld Records(not forgetting the compositions of Lokua Kanza for the Emotion album), Reddy Amissi and Stino were the side kicks, the number 2 and 3 in Viva la Musica. They both produced excellent albums, Romeo & Juliette by Stino is still one of the best modern Rumbas, and wedding  song.

Look at the video, You will see Reddy Amissi with Stino Mubi (en mode Michael Jackson) at Peter Gabriel's album,

till today I honestly think that Wemba blew his chance after he messed things with Peter Gabriel, who thanks to him Youssou N'dour is who he is today.

Paysan Congolais #11 on: December 24, 2020, 05:48

• View Profile
EEEhh mfwidi.... ;D ;D ;D

till today I honestly think that Wemba blew his chance after he messed things with Peter Gabriel, who thanks to him Youssou N'dour is who he is today.

Youssou Ndour standing is more political than musical.

Papa Wemba did what he could do with the Real world (Peter's Gabriel record's label). I'm glad it ended at that point. Thank God for that, since we were able to have wonderful albums like Foridoles, Pole Position, and Fula Ngenge. Albums that we might not have had Papa Wemba stayed in that 'world music' space.

JV “Lone Ranger” #12 on: December 24, 2020, 10:46

• View Profile
Ehh you didn’t know who Stino was, your are young boy ;D

Mfumu Vata #13 on: December 24, 2020, 23:20

• View Profile
Foridoles would still come. Wemba needed to record that album to re-position himself after the split of Nouvelle Generation, which made him very weak. Problems with Peter Gabriel started when they were promoting Emotion