Author Topic: Best voice of all times  (Read 10051 times)

BrazzaBoy on: March 25, 2018, 16:04

• View Profile
Who would you say had the best voice and the most control? I know its a tough question because there are different types of singers but there’s always one or two that stick out

Matebu #1 on: March 25, 2018, 16:07

• View Profile
Kiekie, so we going to do best all time for everything? Very subjective

CM PRINCE #2 on: March 25, 2018, 16:33

• View Profile
Kiekie, so we going to do best all time for everything? Very subjective
LOL I know right   ;D ;D

BrazzaBoy #3 on: March 25, 2018, 16:44

• View Profile
Yes but just the voice nothing else. Not song lyrics, generique or how a rumba might have been set up.

archos #4 on: March 25, 2018, 16:59

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i'd go for kester,probably the most complete singer we have ever had,and what i liked about him which  i discovered too late for my liking is his scientific approach of music

BrazzaBoy #5 on: March 25, 2018, 18:36

• View Profile
Can you expand archos?

archos #6 on: March 25, 2018, 18:45

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 he was able to do very deep voices and higher notes than some tenorists,he was not only talented but also had intelligence to adapt
i will try to find it but there is a video where he detailled his evolution as a singer and it was like a lesson the guy had such a knowledge of music for somebody who never learned  the technical side of it at school

Bundes36 #7 on: March 26, 2018, 10:29

• View Profile
For me it's a bit difficult to pick just one best voice...but I can name some individuals that to me see to have out of the ordinary voices.
!.Madilu System
2.Suzuki Luzubu
3.Aurlus Mabele
4.Dindo Yogo
5.Lola Digital
6.Guyguy Fall
7.Fally ipupa
8.Pepe Kalle
9.Djuna Big One
10.Somono Dolce

Fere Gola and Koffi olomide have fine voices quite alright but i think those are kind of voices that are normal..i mean normal tenorist and normal bassist.

ZamundaPrince #8 on: March 26, 2018, 16:18

• View Profile
Babia Ndonga's voice. To me this is the best voice alongside Ntesa Dalienst & Reddy Amisi.

mvulusi96 #9 on: March 26, 2018, 16:31

Matebu #10 on: March 26, 2018, 18:38

• View Profile
The artist with the best voice I've seen in person is Defao. His vocal range in his prime was unrivaled and his voice never lost composure. I stil think he's the best living singer.

I was also very impressed seeing prime Koffi in 2001; he proved his mettle as band leader by singer better than everyone.

Djo Mpoyi, Carlyto, Madilu, Pepe Kalle (voix sans micro as Simaro used to say), King Kester, also come to mind. There's definetely more people than that for me though..

I remember everyone's reaction seeing King Kester live for the first time (including mine) was thinking his voice was fake beacause he sang too good to the point where you were in disbelief. Zero imperfection, it's amazing how he used his asthma issues to develop the way he sang, so he never really stressed his vocal cords like some other artists.

faithandwar #11 on: March 26, 2018, 23:22

• View Profile
I kinda wish that we had more research on the science of our musicians voices, at a technical and spiritual level. :/

I don't think you'll get a straight answer BrazzaBoy, considering voices/music is subjective. It's kind of like how people will fight over Whitney vs Mariah in who's the better vocalist even when they take range,timbre,register and resonance in account. Live vs Studio.

So I guess we can just list our favorite vocalists, rather than saying their the best. Personally I look for personality, power and tone.

No Rank

Nathalie Makoma
Ferre Gola
Fally Ipupa   
Alain Mpela
Adjani Sesele (in his prime)
Pepe Kalle
Madilu
TabuLey
Carlyto
Papa Wemba
Koffi Olomide
King Kester

archos #12 on: March 26, 2018, 23:50

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
ngiama makanda werrason

Matebu #13 on: March 26, 2018, 23:52

• View Profile
ngiama makanda werrason

;D ;D ;D. Grand formateur/ Grand Chanteur ;D

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 23:55 by Matebu »

Congolitude #14 on: March 27, 2018, 00:01

• View Profile
the chance we have in our music is to have a very wide diversity of voices. For my part I would say:

- Carlyto
- Nyboma
- Papa Wemba
- Madilu System
- Babia Ndonga
- Eric Tutsi
- Ferre Gola
- Fally Ipupa