Author Topic: Mbuta Likasu & Sam Tshintu  (Read 1424 times)

Mfumu Vata on: December 31, 2022, 18:22

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:46

• View Profile
Its the first time that I saw that Sam Tshintu isn't insulted in the comments by Quartier Latin-fans.

It's was an interesting interview, I finally discovered how Bouro Mpela got the nickname Gecko. The funny thing is that Bouro Mpela himself doesn't remember how he got that nickname. Now I understood a little bit better why Koffi quickly dumped Beevans Rappason. But I think that it's better if Mbuta Likasu invites Beevans because I think that there's more behind that story.

Wenge1995 #2 on: January 04, 2023, 17:13

• View Profile
Its the first time that I saw that Sam Tshintu isn't insulted in the comments by Quartier Latin-fans.

It's was an interesting interview, I finally discovered how Bouro Mpela got the nickname Gecko. The funny thing is that Bouro Mpela himself doesn't remember how he got that nickname. Now I understood a little bit better why Koffi quickly dumped Beevans Rappason. But I think that it's better if Mbuta Likasu invites Beevans because I think that there's more behind that story.

My lingala isn't the best, why did Koffi get rid of Beevans Rappason?

archos #3 on: January 04, 2023, 17:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
sam always is grateful to babia,thats beautiful to see,its rare in our music somebody way older(7 years) who constantly gives credit to a younger brother for his contribution

Wenge1995 #4 on: January 04, 2023, 18:34

• View Profile
sam always is grateful to babia,thats beautiful to see,its rare in our music somebody way older(7 years) who constantly gives credit to a younger brother for his contribution

I had no idea they were so close as friends

archos #5 on: January 04, 2023, 18:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 its been about 50 interviews over the years where he always repeats that he owes a lot to babia in terms of improving as a singer because they would work separately from their long  latino rehearsals for hours and he was so ahead that he improved next to him

Mfumu Vata #6 on: January 04, 2023, 19:52

• View Profile

According to Sam Tshintu, it started when he gave a shout-out to someone that Koffi forbad to do during a concert (I think that there was more going on behind the scenes which lead to it, that's why I want Mbuta to invite Beevans). Beevans refusing to show up in Benin. V12 although being a huge succes the animation not really being well like Magie. Late Jean Louis Mazunguidi doing in his place but not really being able to hit the notes Beevans was doing along with Sam Tshintu, not long after that Dolce Somono joined the band and after some time Beevans leaving Quartier Latin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 20:00 by Mfumu Vata »

Mwanayaafrica #7 on: January 04, 2023, 21:49

• View Profile
So, how did Bouro Mpela get his nickname?

Wenge1995 #8 on: January 04, 2023, 23:19

• View Profile

According to Sam Tshintu, it started when he gave a shout-out to someone that Koffi forbad to do during a concert (I think that there was more going on behind the scenes which lead to it, that's why I want Mbuta to invite Beevans). Beevans refusing to show up in Benin. V12 although being a huge succes the animation not really being well like Magie. Late Jean Louis Mazunguidi doing in his place but not really being able to hit the notes Beevans was doing along with Sam Tshintu, not long after that Dolce Somono joined the band and after some time Beevans leaving Quartier Latin

In terms of cries, I can see how Beevans didn't really convince. He had catchy dances like "Mamie mosiko... kangi nzela" from Magie, but I don't know what happened with V12.

Did they go to Europe before Beevans had a chance for inspiration? He mostly copied the cries Wenge Musica were doing in concerts prior to Pentagone.

Wenge1995 #9 on: January 04, 2023, 23:24

• View Profile
its been about 50 interviews over the years where he always repeats that he owes a lot to babia in terms of improving as a singer because they would work separately from their long  latino rehearsals for hours and he was so ahead that he improved next to him

Between Eric Tutsi and Babia Ndonga, who do you think is the better vocalist?

Mukulu #10 on: January 05, 2023, 00:15

• View Profile
I never liked Beevens, I saw a video of him when he returned to Koffi in the 2010s, he is arrogant while for me he invented nothing except to be the first photocopy of an animator of the Wenge clan.

Mfumu Vata #11 on: January 05, 2023, 04:05

• View Profile

In terms of cries, I can see how Beevans didn't really convince. He had catchy dances like "Mamie mosiko... kangi nzela" from Magie, but I don't know what happened with V12.

Did they go to Europe before Beevans had a chance for inspiration? He mostly copied the cries Wenge Musica were doing in concerts prior to Pentagone.

Quartier Latin came back to Kinshasa in January 1995 and only spent 2 or 3 some months there to come back in Europe for a tour of 3 months. In this interview Sam Tshintu said that he contributed to many cri’s Beevans did in Magie. Giving the example of “Elisa”. I think that most cri’s Beevans did would fit better to a tenorist atalaku since that some cri’s were already done by Tutu Kaluji in concerts of Wenge 4x4 and some by Dejeannot Nsangu of Shora Mbemba’s band Super Choc. I guess that Koffi discovered in studio that Beevans was limited which made him do also some animations on his own. When Pentagone came out many atalaku’s that had the voice of Ekokota started to have difficulties, their style being outdated, most bandleaders wanting also an atalaku animating like Kaluji. Empire Bakuba also started to get problems at some point and singer Desouza starting to do animations
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:20 by Mfumu Vata »