Author Topic: JB Mpiana at RFI's Couleur Tropicales of Claudy Siar  (Read 1301 times)

Mfumu Vata on: January 09, 2023, 21:50

• View Profile

Mukulu #1 on: January 09, 2023, 22:12

• View Profile
I am surprised that the song was written when he was 30 years old. I find that this song has the style of the beginning of bcbg or the style of wenge

I find that he answered well on the fact that ferre is the last son of 4x4 and that watanabe is the last son of the Clan wenge , because he was at bcbg then maison mère

CM PRINCE #2 on: January 10, 2023, 00:28

• View Profile
They should’ve said that from the beginning. Why wait till after Heritier performed at Stade De Martyrs to say that, cause it caused a storm with many people especially Heritier belittling Ferre, especially when he was in prison unable to defend himself.

Manzambi94 #3 on: January 10, 2023, 01:00

• View Profile
They should’ve said that from the beginning. Why wait till after Heritier performed at Stade De Martyrs to say that, cause it caused a storm with many people especially Heritier belittling Ferre, especially when he was in prison unable to defend himself.

Once again, JB is not a marketing genius, he had Mbappe shouting him out on a video even saying Tshek and the best he could have done was to do a Mabanga a very small one in the third generique of the album who doesn't even have a video so this doesn't come as a surprise.

Mukulu #4 on: January 10, 2023, 01:03

• View Profile
Jb said it many times in the few shows he did... even titina aimelia makaba Burkina Faso said it but Werra...

Mukulu #5 on: January 10, 2023, 01:07

• View Profile

Once again, JB is not a marketing genius, he had Mbappe shouting him out on a video even saying Tshek and the best he could have done was to do a Mabanga a very small one in the third generique of the album who doesn't even have a video so this doesn't come as a surprise.

These days, Using the image of Kylian mbappe is the most difficult to negotiate financially with Michael Jordan and Lionel Messi

Manzambi94 #6 on: January 10, 2023, 01:15

• View Profile

These days, Using the image of Kylian mbappe is the most difficult to negotiate financially with Michael Jordan and Lionel Messi
Come on now, Do you think Kimpembe and other Congoleses players at the clubs couldn't negotiate? Plus bro do you know Papa Cherie? The guy is insanely rich, probably too three  along with Koffi and Fally of the Rochester Congolese people, so I think he could avoid Esparza some cash to have Mbappe on the video plus making this video come out into the finals or even before the world cup begun with Mbappe in It would have skyrocketed JB's popularity but as I have said, JB and marketing are two completely.different roads.

archos #7 on: January 10, 2023, 03:06

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Jb and werra since they are publicly good tend to side automatically with each other,werra started jb sided,then on the interview with sango jb then said it was ferre the OG one,and at his turn werra said jb has said it why do you want to argue(but you could feel he was too convinced)
then it shifted back to werra taking the control again
but the precision jb makes here he should have been quicker to anticipate if they said it like that in the beginning,that ferre was the 4X4 dernier fils,then heritier the post-split dernier fils  like werra was calling him 20 years ago already,being the youngest of the clan then there would have been no problem and heritier would have no reason to run his mouth sarcastically towards ferre
but congolese artists and anticipation of problems is not the best of love stories,they tend to slip up then either try to cover later,almost too late,or just let it explode until years

Cavalier Solitaire #8 on: January 10, 2023, 13:20

• View Profile
Balingaka yango mais basalaka semblaint.

Mfumu Vata #9 on: January 10, 2023, 15:16

• View Profile
JB needs to ask his manager Ebert Etou if he could prepare the questions before the show like other artists sometimes do, to give full answers and be more comfortable.  Like the interview with Robert Brazza with Canal+ during the Wenge-reunion, he didn't understood some questions Claudy Siar gave to him. He didn't answer them exactly and  I also noticed that he often didn't go ahead when he wanted to say something. It was like he was afraid to make some mistakes in French. Normally it's not a problem. I saw some west-african artists passing making alot mistakes in French, but everybody understood what they wanted to stay. But with Congolese people if you make only one mistake in French, people will mock and make a state-affair of it. Sometimes even going far by making a whole analyse-video for it. Forgetting that they are just artists and not politicians or teachers.

Mfumu Vata #10 on: January 10, 2023, 15:32

• View Profile
I am surprised that the song was written when he was 30 years old. I find that this song has the style of the beginning of bcbg or the style of wenge

I find that he answered well on the fact that ferre is the last son of 4x4 and that watanabe is the last son of the Clan wenge , because he was at bcbg then maison mère

I was also surprised to hear that and that it was first called 30 Ans. The song fit well to that era, because back then next of everybody wanted to get in Europe, many born in the 60s who had diplomas and weren't getting jobs didn't know what to do. Many took the risk to enter the diamond business in Angolan province Luanda Norte where there was war. Some walking on landmines which made them lose one leg (businessman Claude Maluma was almost victim of that). Others continued with their dream of getting in Europe, but because of difficulties to get visa's going to countries like Nigeria, Cameroon, Benin, Togo, Angola, Maroc and Ivory Coast and getting stuck there. The political turmoil in Zaire from 1990 until Mobutu's fall and Laurent-Desire Kabila's regime were difficult times. Back then they used to call those born in the 60s and 70s "une génération sacrifiée", I don't how they would name generation after it because it only became worser.

archos #11 on: January 10, 2023, 17:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah the original song is 30 ans the original song was for the original chemin de fer,it started from mosaka then jb developped it over the years with still him mosaka and a line here and there from the top writers vigas,poba and co
he sang it the first time at i think his 45th birthday at grand hotel,then switching it to apres mes 45 ans de vie sur terre

archos #12 on: January 11, 2023, 20:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

lol he's much more relaxed here with serge fatoh,must be that they feel more comfortable with african presenters with the pressure of not making a mistake

Mfumu Vata #13 on: January 11, 2023, 21:51

• View Profile
His interview with Serge Fatoh is by far better. You can feel that he's relaxed. Serge Fatoh is a good journalist he knows how to let artists feel better when being in the studio.

I liked the point where JB Mpiana said that "we artists need not to make music that please ourselfs but music that please the public" something that many artists lake today (I dont know if I translated it well).

Looks like many Francophone journalists had massive respect for Papa Wemba and liked him personally alot.

CM PRINCE #14 on: January 11, 2023, 22:00

• View Profile
I liked the point where JB Mpiana said that "we artists need not to make music that please ourselfs but music that please the public" something that many artists lake today (I dont know if I translated it well).
This is so true especially the 5th generation lack that big time. When we tell artists their music is monotonous they get upset