Author Topic: (Rare) Marie Paul & Wenge El Paris - Live at FIKIN (1999)  (Read 500 times)

Mfumu Vata on: August 12, 2023, 00:38

• View Profile

Nooo what a wonderful day for me. 100000x thanks for MusiqueZaroise. I've just finished watching the concert of Theatre Marie. I will now go watching this one

archos #1 on: August 12, 2023, 00:41

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
we've had more elparis archive in a day than in years its crazy,

Mfumu Vata #2 on: August 12, 2023, 02:31

• View Profile
Here El Paris came back after having performed at Fespam (with the famous fara-fara against Manda Chante where they stole Celezino) and a long Africa Tour (Katanga, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Kenya) which made them being absent in Kinshasa for a 7/8 months. The FIKIN concert must be just after the event at l’Esplanade Palais du Peuple. Which was full of people even behind the fences, but fans still keeping coming while the concert was already finised. However the tape was for whatever reason not released when arriving in Europe. It have been better if it was in the hands of Abeto Center like this one and that of Evenement Jaune.

There’s finally footage (evidence) that Marie Paul used to pull big crowds when being on streets. Because many people that know the history tend to ignore it or just say, there’s no proof. Those who aren’t really in music or came later in, aren’t believing it when people talk about the succes Marie Paul had in the past. Many fans we see in the video  ended up by going towards Werrason when things started to down and denying that they used to be El-Paris fans in the past.  (2:12 min & 4:05 min).

Abeto Center did a good job by coming with videos of concerts that Marie Paul had in Kinshasa to Europe, since that there was not really somebody to do that. Most people supporting others bands. Towards the end of the video they are announcing a tour for december 1999 in Europe, but it didn’t happen

I noticed that the edition of FIKIN 1999 is totally different from that of the years that followed. The public being put really far from the artists. But the concept that artists/bands had of presenting new dances/cri’s, singers, etc. at FIKIN since 1980s never changed. It’s a shame that the sound of instruments was bad.

For years I used to explain to some friends that Bizima started to animate the Seigneur-cri first.But nobody believing me, thinking that CNN starting it. But now I’ve finally evidence from 1:14:29 min

from 1:23:32 min Marie Paul explaining how Bizima started to animate it in Zanzibar and they met a band over there (Quartier Latin), them steeling it and when coming back to Kinshasa being surprised that they starting animating it. I wonder why Mboshi didn’t end up by animating it in Sanction but just only in rehearsals and concerts of Academia. During the polemic of QL vs Academia, CNN used to claim that Mboshi stole his cri's since that they don't have creativity in Europe, but most of the cri's being those of Mboshi.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: August 12, 2023, 02:31

• View Profile
39:20 min The way Marie Paul said to his fans that they will perform the following week at Stade Tata Raphael, is like it was nothing and just a normal concert at a random bar in Kinshasa. He already knew that it would be full with people. Today bandleaders would need months of preparations and promotion to perform there.

from 51: 02 min
lol, it killed me the way Marie Paul called Arc en Ciel “Tantine Arc en Ciel”. Him explaining that in Zambia, Arc en Ciel said to them that they must be watch out because he’s handsome, which why they are calling him tantine (aunt). from 51:02

On 51:30 min Marie Paul presented the newly recruited Celezino

For years I was wondering where Ya Yuyu went after Couvre Feu and thinking that he was still suffering in Kinshasa. But on 57:18, fans were  asking for Ya Yuyu to sing a confront Arc en Ciel & Celezino. But Marie Paul explaining that he went back to Europe, adding that when they were about to do the African Tour, he went to marry and woman and his brother in Europe sending documents which made him get back in France.

Drumstar98 #4 on: August 12, 2023, 09:48

• View Profile
I was wondering where Ya Yuyu end he disappeared from the scene after Couvre Feu.

Sydo #5 on: August 12, 2023, 13:41

• View Profile
    • YouTube

Nooo what a wonderful day for me. 100000x thanks for MusiqueZaroise. I've just finished watching the concert of Theatre Marie. I will now go watching this one

I'll keep searching other rare tapes by El Paris and more artists!
Formerly Musiquezairoise