Author Topic: Albums scan pt2  (Read 128186 times)

MwanaMokili #300 on: October 19, 2021, 18:53

• View Profile
Extra Musica - Etat Major

Sydo #301 on: November 17, 2021, 19:19

• View Profile
    • YouTube
King Kester Emeneya - Everybody (1993)

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Sydo #302 on: November 17, 2021, 19:31

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Papa Wemba - Bakala Dia Kuba (2001)

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #303 on: November 17, 2021, 19:45

• View Profile
Thanks bro. I thought that I would never see the Everybody-booklet.

Emeneya used to brag often in interviews that he was the first Congolese artist to have a booklet, because back then Congolese artist used to release cds with just one page. The difference here is that Emeneya translated the songs in French & Englsih, while his friend Nkovia (Koffi) a few months later, would put the lyrics of his songs in Noblesse Oblige.

I used to have the cd of Bakala dia Kuba. But someone took the booklet and left only the cd. Yes, back then you had also people who were obsessed with having the booklet, beside of stealing cds. What I like from this booklet is the way how they credited every artist for the role he had on each song, like they did on Fula Ngenge. It's that I haven't seen the booklet anymore for 20 years, which made me think that it was just one page with Wemba standing in his red blouse.

lol, the translation of Bakala dia Kuba is wrong. Bakala dia Kuba means in Kikongo "a Strong Man". In reality it Yakala dia Kuba, because Yakala is in Kikongo of Kinshasa singular and Bakala plural. You can take the intro of BCBG's titanic Kaluji sings "ba yakala dila dil'eeh" as an example. However, people in Brazzaville also use Bakala for singular. I guess that Papa Wemba took that nickname from Brazzaville, because many sapeurs who had a Lari-background used to call themselves often in the 80s and 90s Bakala dia Kuba. I think also sapeur-singer Rapha Bounzeki, if I remember well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 19:51 by Mfumu Vata »

Sydo #304 on: November 17, 2021, 20:24

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Thanks bro. I thought that I would never see the Everybody-booklet.

Emeneya used to brag often in interviews that he was the first Congolese artist to have a booklet, because back then Congolese artist used to release cds with just one page. The difference here is that Emeneya translated the songs in French & Englsih, while his friend Nkovia (Koffi) a few months later, would put the lyrics of his songs in Noblesse Oblige.

I used to have the cd of Bakala dia Kuba. But someone took the booklet and left only the cd. Yes, back then you had also people who were obsessed with having the booklet, beside of stealing cds. What I like from this booklet is the way how they credited every artist for the role he had on each song, like they did on Fula Ngenge. It's that I haven't seen the booklet anymore for 20 years, which made me think that it was just one page with Wemba standing in his red blouse.

lol, the translation of Bakala dia Kuba is wrong. Bakala dia Kuba means in Kikongo "a Strong Man". In reality it Yakala dia Kuba, because Yakala is in Kikongo of Kinshasa singular and Bakala plural. You can take the intro of BCBG's titanic Kaluji sings "ba yakala dila dil'eeh" as an example. However, people in Brazzaville also use Bakala for singular. I guess that Papa Wemba took that nickname from Brazzaville, because many sapeurs who had a Lari-background used to call themselves often in the 80s and 90s Bakala dia Kuba. I think also sapeur-singer Rapha Bounzeki, if I remember well.

You're welcome, I'm glad that it brings you back memories.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Drumstar98 #305 on: November 18, 2021, 09:12

• View Profile
Thank you upload do you have the booklets of Soo Wa by Dindo Yogo, Foridoles of Papa Wemba and Prudence by Reddy Amisi?

Sydo #306 on: November 18, 2021, 14:13

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I don't have Prudence and Soo Wa. But I'll upload Foridoles and Plus D'Amour later today
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Sydo #307 on: November 18, 2021, 14:45

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Papa Wemba et Viva la Musica - Foridoles (1994)

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Sydo #308 on: November 18, 2021, 15:16

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Madilu System - Sans Commentaire

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #309 on: November 18, 2021, 18:32

• View Profile
Foridoles the album that brought Papa Wemba back on the top. The majority of Viva La Musica-fans
consider it as the best album Papa Wemba made. The same album made Maika Munan earning much more
respect as arranger, after having worked with Koffi Olomide on the albums  Koweit Rive Gauche,
Noblesse Oblige and Reddy Amisi on Injustice. It was a smart move of Papa Wemba to not release
a proper Congolese solo-album for years until Fula Ngenge, but just releasing albums mixed with
songs of bandmembers.

Now the mystery of about who havening played drums on Foridoles is solved. It's rare to see a white guy participating as a drummer to a Congolese album. Much respect to Denis Hekimian. I knew Boffi Banengola, but I never heard about
Kuo Djojdo, who's that guy. Also why did Wemba's drummer Richacha Balengola not participate on Foridoles?

Pablo01 #310 on: November 18, 2021, 18:45

• View Profile
Thank you so much, do you have the booklet of album Confirmation of Extra Musica or album Les Nouveaux Missiles please?

And I wonder if the Confirmation album was really distributed by Sonodisc, because at the time I had only seen the optical disc of this album.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 18:47 by Pabloone71 »

Pablo01 #311 on: November 18, 2021, 18:46

• View Profile
Do you have too the booklet of album Les Anges Adorables vol. 1 & 2 please?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 19:25 by Pablo01 »

Drumstar98 #312 on: November 18, 2021, 20:03

• View Profile
Thanks for the upload I always thought Massamba Rumaru was the drummer on this album.

Jojo Kuo used to be Papa Wemba's tour drummer.

Jojo Kuo

Url: https://www.discogs.com/artist/956362-Jojo-Kuo

Shared from the Discogs App

Drumstar98 #313 on: January 22, 2022, 15:38

• View Profile
General Defao - Nessy De London (2000)

Sydo #314 on: January 22, 2022, 15:52

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Nono Manzanza was credited on tracks were he didn't even sing. I really love this album, especially Dally Kimoko's riffs on "Jamais Jamais" (my fav track on the album)
Formerly Musiquezairoise