Author Topic: Koffi Olomide, JB Mpiana and Werrason Stade Des Martyrs Concerts  (Read 3644 times)

Kizito on: April 16, 2020, 12:56

• View Profile
Ndombolinyo has been uploading concerts of Kofi, JB and Werra of around 2001 to 2003 at Stade de Martyrs, these concerts attracted huge crowds, were they free, if yes who paid of them. I have never seen such crowds off late, why?

shamala #1 on: April 16, 2020, 18:33

• View Profile
Ndombolinyo has been uploading concerts of Kofi, JB and Werra of around 2001 to 2003 at Stade de Martyrs, these concerts attracted huge crowds, were they free, if yes who paid of them. I have never seen such crowds off late, why?

Been enjoying them
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

archos #2 on: April 16, 2020, 19:14

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the situation has changed a loooot in the country compared to  those days,there was already poverty and lack of jobs but it was nowhere near as dramatic as now,you'll notice even beers have stopped active sponsoring because there is not anymore the same passion from the fans to fill concerts,even for free
politics have taken a massive dimension in people's life

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 16, 2020, 22:45

• View Profile
people, Koffi's rivals and journalists working for them claimed that Koffi's martyrs of 2002 was about to be a big mpiaka despite the support of Werrason. Saying that it was about to be worser then the one of 1999 and that Koffi on a point orderd the people working to open the gates to get public in the stadium with the concertpromoter Junior Mac Kenro getting mad. But Koffi promising him that he would pay the money back, but after the concert he didnt do it and it created a conflict with Junior Mac Kenro going to the press to ask his money back and Sam Tshintu, JB Mpiana and King Kester Emeneya mocking him about that.

the press who was behind JB also claimed that Werra's concert at Stade des Marytrs of 2001 was free. I remember having read an article 20 years ago, with them saying when they came for the sound-check that only 50% of the stadium was filled and that Junior Mac Kenro who organised the event, started to stress and Werrason also getting panicked and them ordering to open the gates to let people in. But I don't believe in that story.

Matebu #4 on: April 16, 2020, 23:12

• View Profile
My favorite Stade De Martyrs by far that of Papa Wemba - the band was on fire and the energy of the crowd so good. RIP Deo SFR “le meilleur drummer d’Afrique” and Alphatshino killing it on animation

All Koffi was focused on in 2002 was filling the venue, but no planning went towards putting on a great show, with Koffi showing up piss drunk with the show being extremely haphazard

Kizito #5 on: April 17, 2020, 08:52

• View Profile
the situation has changed a loooot in the country compared to  those days,there was already poverty and lack of jobs but it was nowhere near as dramatic as now,you'll notice even beers have stopped active sponsoring because there is not anymore the same passion from the fans to fill concerts,even for free
politics have taken a massive dimension in people's life

Archos, I know you don't leave in Congo but you have family members there and you possibly visit, sorry if my question is out of context or will annoy you, but I just want to know how do you compare life under Mobutu and after his departure. My love for Congolese music has made me a half congolese, interested with a lot of things about the most resource endowed country on earth.