Author Topic: THIS SONG WOULD'VE BEEN ON A BCBG ALBUM HAD TITINA STAYED  (Read 6663 times)

Matebu on: October 16, 2016, 06:30

• View Profile

1000% BCBG to my ears... which is why I think BCBG's studio work and percussions have been subject to some criticisms after Titina's departure. Great featuring by Celebu Blaise Bula, but I always wondered what if it also had vocals by JB, Alain, Rio, Kibens, etc?

Bonus; this sums up why Titina is everybody's drummer.

This album has always been a favorite of mine because it brings together Wenge sound and (2001-02) QL sound (Bébé Kero at his absolute prime) at a time when the camps were deeep in polemic. It was also a nice extension for those who wanted hear more of Kero after Effrakata a few months after. Titina should've done more Atalakou work rather than just this album and his some of his second, Madilu’s L’eau, and Pile ou Face.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 06:32 by Matebu »

MwanaMokili #1 on: October 16, 2016, 15:47

• View Profile
A very nostalgic reminder of the Good old BCBG Days....

archos #2 on: October 16, 2016, 16:52

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Indeed thats the song he was rehearsing with kibens before he left(maybe why he did it with blaise since kibens was blaise replacement)

EMOVICTEAM #3 on: October 17, 2016, 19:37

• View Profile
The day titina left, was the final blow to jbs band. It was left to hyenas and lions like kibense who are eating even the bone marrow. Nothing was left with bcbg until recently when young ones like tolbet and fusee were introduced. Now what remains is to remove that microbe kibense from the studio. He has killed the music for too long.

CM PRINCE #4 on: October 17, 2016, 19:46

• View Profile
The day titina left, was the final blow to jbs band. It was left to hyenas and lions like kibense who are eating even the bone marrow. Nothing was left with bcbg until recently when young ones like tolbet and fusee were introduced. Now what remains is to remove that microbe kibense from the studio. He has killed the music for too long.
LOL EMO lets be a bit fair its not just kibens that's caused bcbg problems

Toolz #5 on: October 17, 2016, 21:10

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #6 on: October 17, 2016, 23:06

• View Profile
exactly like archos said it's that peanut head roger ngandu and seguin that are mostly to blame and JDL and rio since they're in the camp that bully others and go snitch to jb and don't wanna promote the young ones they're the ones that need to be removed cause they're just yes men 

EMOVICTEAM #7 on: October 18, 2016, 15:33

• View Profile
 I pay more attention to sound quality which kibense presides on. Those pea shaped heads add to the wound. I have never forgiven kibense for killing the sound of soyons seriuex.

archos #8 on: October 18, 2016, 20:35

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 its jb who messed up mix of soyons serieux,you'll notice the songs mixed and recorded in europe with patience and focus (all the jb songs plus mombamba and zakoko's songs) have a better sound quality while many of the other ones were mixed in hurry and thats hopefully the mistake they avoided this time
i was also upset against kibens but i was informed he just followed recording steps while jb and the keyboard guys did the rest
this time he was given a lot more of responsability as he was trained by arranger guylain tamba,we'll see what will happen with the final results

mvulusi96 #9 on: October 19, 2016, 01:03

the arrangement of the second part of song, before the seben begin, reminds me a little bit the arrangement of the song Kama Vuama from Anges Adorables vol. 2

EMOVICTEAM #10 on: October 19, 2016, 01:15

• View Profile
Archos, I have noticed you have some soft spot for "killbense".have you wondered that just after titina left, bcbg sound from anti terro has drastically deteriorated exponentially. That's what I mean when I say killbense has killed bcbg. His second killer, Seguin has no drumming skill.

shamala #11 on: October 19, 2016, 05:28

• View Profile
Let me enquire...
Who was the artistic director while afande was the chef?
As a matter of fact pair all the chefs with the  artistic director from the start of Wenge BCBG up-to the Seguin-Kibens. 
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

archos #12 on: October 19, 2016, 11:00

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lol emo if you remember well,i was very critical of anti terro sound or bcbg's sound general except on live
i dont defend kibens but its a reality that anti terro was done in messed up conditions for several reasons,the blow of losing alain mpela,jb's problems,the group's europe ban,working in the worst studio of kin then,seguin shifting back to the drum style he learned at kimbanguist church before joining wenge....
i criticized jb,kibens,seguin or other artists hard several times but its just not my style to use strong words