Author Topic: Général Défao passed away  (Read 8379 times)

Mfumu Vata #30 on: December 28, 2021, 19:20

• View Profile
It piss me off the way "the combattans" are claiming that he was killed by Kabila. While they were the same people who said that Kabila was using him as a spion in Kenya against politicans, once he tried to give a playback-show in Brussels and making multiple videos to insult him about his life, etc. (including that guy Esso).

shamala #31 on: December 28, 2021, 19:57

• View Profile
This pandemic has taken a few artists. I wonder if there are steps and procedures, they should be taking to limit getting the virus.

This concern has also been crossing my mind especially when guys step on the stage to greet the musician hugging and all. I just hope something is done.
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Bigbang10 #32 on: December 28, 2021, 20:40

• View Profile
This pandemic has taken a few artists. I wander if there are steps and procedures they should be taking to limit getting the virus.

I’m in the US but we are no better. One state is different than another when it comes to pandemic management. I know it has affected my sporting events.

Wasn't defao vaccinated? and if he wasn't then sad because people his age good health should always be first above all

archos #33 on: December 28, 2021, 21:34

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Zacle who is still in ivory coast  and who was with him during his tour(burkina,ivory coast,cameroon) before he went to cameroon talks
and apparently he was against wearing mask and getting vaccinated while he had covid  and he had refused to be stuck in hospital and rest and continue tour

Longbluesquid #34 on: December 29, 2021, 01:41

• View Profile
This tough! Our artists need to either be vaccinated or cancel shows. I understand Defao loves performing but this pandemic is taking people away one by one. Especially if you have other conditions. I wish someone would have advised him on what to do.

Longbluesquid #35 on: December 29, 2021, 01:43

• View Profile
In the US I see it all. Many people don’t care about vaccinations or masks. This is the very least you can do to safeguard from the virus. Here deaths are high among lots of hospitalizations.

jeantwatwa #36 on: December 29, 2021, 08:42

• View Profile

Kabose and Montana went to visit Defao’s family

I was chopping onions while watching this, man congolese people know how to cry... RIP

Cavalier Solitaire #37 on: December 29, 2021, 12:14

• View Profile
I was watching an interview he did in Matadi somewhere around September were when he was asked about his sad memories in his 40 years career, he mentioned how they almost had an airplane accident in the same Douala, Cameroon years ago. The same Douala would later be the place he would die.

Mfumu Vata #38 on: December 29, 2021, 16:09

• View Profile
Btw it’s also in Douala that they stole his chain when performing

https://www.facebook.com/100000632155889/posts/4995042130526809/?d=n

Alex #39 on: December 29, 2021, 16:40

• View Profile
Is this really confirmed?
Indeed, he died in the hospital in Douala, Cameroon

Sydo #40 on: December 29, 2021, 19:35

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Manuaku Waku (his first bandleader) explaining how he got Defao in Grand Zaïko Wawa.

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Tata Nkiadi #41 on: December 29, 2021, 19:42

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
First off sincerest condolences. What a huge blow to our music. Sadly good rhumba is leaving with our legends.

This pandemic has taken a few artists. I wander if there are steps and procedures they should be taking to limit getting the virus.

I’m in the US but we are no better. One state is different than another when it comes to pandemic management. I know it has affected my sporting events.

Wasn't defao vaccinated? and if he wasn't then sad because people his age good health should always be first above all

He was a diabetic which put him at a higher risk. That last video recorded minutes before he died was really concerning. He should’ve been in the hospital on a ventilator not touring. I know for a fact diabetes is high among Congolese. And as you’re aware here in the US Omicron is no joke. I hate to see what it does to poor countries in Africa. We’re going to see more shocking devastating deaths like this one if their governments don’t put imperative mandates in place.

bencuri #42 on: December 29, 2021, 23:28

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Manuaku Waku (his first bandleader) explaining how he got Defao in Grand Zaïko Wawa.

What is he talking about in brief?

Longbluesquid #43 on: December 31, 2021, 05:12

• View Profile
Man Defao last sebene on his last album is soooo good. Defao still had it man. Dimonekene is the song.

archos #44 on: December 31, 2021, 05:18

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

What is he talking about in brief?

in brief manuaku is explaining how somebody spotted him in his hometown and came to inform him that there is a real talent which could help your new  band and that talent was defao so defao was brought to kinshasa and he came in with a massive massive contribution and he keeps fond memories of him