Author Topic: Chris Kale that used to play keyboards for Maison Mere in 1999 passed away  (Read 529 times)

Mfumu Vata on: September 02, 2023, 01:16

• View Profile
Chris Kale who used to play keyboards for Maison Mere during their tour in UK and Europe before Solola Bien passed away

bencuri #1 on: September 02, 2023, 09:22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I did not check the video but I guess the burial happened recently. He got into an accident about a year or half a year ago, and he died in spring or sometimes the beginning of summer. That's why I am surprised it is only in the news now.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: September 02, 2023, 14:19

• View Profile
I only discovered it yesterday because this video being shared in one of those WMM-fanpages on facebook

Wenge1995 #3 on: September 02, 2023, 22:29

• View Profile
I only discovered it yesterday because this video being shared in one of those WMM-fanpages on facebook

Did they bring him to Europe during their tour of 1999 or was he already there helping them out with concerts? He never recorded anything in the studio so I wasn't sure if he was an important member of the group

Mfumu Vata #4 on: September 02, 2023, 22:46

• View Profile
He was already living in London. He was just helping them out, since that Maison Mere didn't come with a keyboard-player, them having left late Vasco de Gama behind in Kinshasa. In video they made short before the return to Kinshasa, you can see him saying "nga naza muana mikili"

from 8:06 min (also a short image of him 5:06 min)

Franco Pepe Kalle #5 on: September 04, 2023, 01:31

• View Profile
Was Chris Kale related to any Congolese musician or not?

Mfumu Vata #6 on: September 04, 2023, 02:52

• View Profile
I dont think so. Many Baluba have the nickname kale/kallé which is the abrevation of kabasele. The same for the way many are called tshims because of the name being tshimanga, ilus for ilunga, etc.