Author Topic: CULTURA'S MUSICIANS ARE HAVING IT QUITE HARD TO FIND SONG CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF..  (Read 2926 times)

archos on: April 18, 2017, 11:41

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 Like title says, cultura are working on album bo'a mabe for the end of this year but the members are facing a big difficulty which is to find song customers,or more exactly to find suitable customers
in fact,wazekwa  has a principle  which in the past also went against the likes of joss who was one of the rare chef not to get automatic songs on album
in fact,before allowing a musician to add a song wazekwa likes to know who he is singing for so he'd take a month or two to make inquiries about the person to know if he is not a thief or those guys who have snakes at home who "generate dirty money for them" or if the guy has a bad reputation in general to sum it up
 and it happened few times that he did not figure out the guy himself did song for was not actually fitting his philosophy,he'd decide not to sing for that guy again or once or twice he literally gave money back through his brother jp lukombo mi corazon
 and this year many guys of cultura came happily with guys to buy their songs and it happened that 80 per cent of them were not fitting the criteria so wazekwa told them to come again with other guys or go on tv since there are really really tv shy to sing extracts and attract new customers
my question is if you were in his position,would you accept "dirty money" as long as its good money or stick to his original philosophy

Manzambi94 #1 on: April 18, 2017, 16:00

• View Profile
Like title says, cultura are working on album bo'a mabe for the end of this year but the members are facing a big difficulty which is to find song customers,or more exactly to find suitable customers
in fact,wazekwa  has a principle  which in the past also went against the likes of joss who was one of the rare chef not to get automatic songs on album
in fact,before allowing a musician to add a song wazekwa likes to know who he is singing for so he'd take a month or two to make inquiries about the person to know if he is not a thief or those guys who have snakes at home who "generate dirty money for them" or if the guy has a bad reputation in general to sum it up
 and it happened few times that he did not figure out the guy himself did song for was not actually fitting his philosophy,he'd decide not to sing for that guy again or once or twice he literally gave money back through his brother jp lukombo mi corazon
 and this year many guys of cultura came happily with guys to buy their songs and it happened that 80 per cent of them were not fitting the criteria so wazekwa told them to come again with other guys or go on tv since there are really really tv shy to sing extracts and attract new customers
my question is if you were in his position,would you accept "dirty money" as long as its good money or stick to his original philosophy
You have to be in their position for understand them I think I will choose good people

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #2 on: April 18, 2017, 18:07

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good policy but Mokuwa Bongo better find customers himself then coz he won't find clean people with money. ;D
LE BIG BOSS

JV “Lone Ranger” #3 on: April 18, 2017, 18:14

• View Profile
Lets be honest....no one in their right mind would want Wazekwa's musicians to sing for them, because one thing is certain, only the owner  will know he has a song....waste of money

archos #4 on: April 18, 2017, 18:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 :D :D :D :D :D  JV even though i get your ( harsh lol) point very few group albums have had succesful songs in a whil

Matebu #5 on: April 18, 2017, 19:12

• View Profile
Lets be honest....no one in their right mind would want Wazekwa's musicians to sing for them, because one thing is certain, only the owner  will know he has a song....waste of money

lol. I have a friend who's quite critical of Wazekwa (big Koffiphile). I tried to tell him to him that Wazekwa has good original rhumbas and his does plenty of sebene songs... he fired back and asked me to name 5 of his best rhumbas  :D

Even as a Wazekwa fan it took a bit of thinking to come up with my list. Then again we live in an era where most rhumbas are quickly forgotten.

archos #6 on: April 18, 2017, 19:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
exactly  and the funny contrast about wazekwa and rumbas is that it was better when he could not care less about it  than now that he really pays attention to it and wants to prove a point
i think the artistic background plays a lot also especially for those singers with contested singing abilities,adolphe for example also has not had a good and viral rumba for ages as there is not wenge 4X4 impressive artistic IQ behind it,or also the level of tonya tonya musicians has dropped a lot
 these type of guys need an external artistic direction  or a strong team in terms of know how and not just talenrt to be able to get the best out of themselves
i have a cousin who thinks he is aristote olomide lol  but the day i made him listen to tetragramme pauvre mais and bonjour monsieur he was like "really is that the same man"?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 19:42 by archos »

Ken Bilele #7 on: April 20, 2017, 12:06

• View Profile
Good policy but Mokuwa Bongo better find customers himself then coz he won't find clean people with money. ;D

And apparently those clean people don't like fame!!!