Author Topic: Is Werrason a genuine vocalist?  (Read 16290 times)

jeantwatwa on: March 17, 2017, 10:04

• View Profile
Guys your opinion on the Vocal skills of werrason?
Personally, I'm always amused when ever Werrason intrudes into a beautiful song like (Vita Imana) ...he never seems at home doing vocals, although his confidence level is amusing.

So is he considered a good vocalist in Kinshasa?, has he ever been told that he can't sing?

your opinion guys!

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kiekiekie, naturally, Werra is a terrible singer but when  he works with bold arrangers who are able to control him,he can sing ok.
He needs a lot of time to get it right. I don't like his style but on certain songs he fills that missing gap and he has done some goods singing especially on the album Kibuisa Mpimpa with Al Nzimbi the great arranger. He did well on the song Likambo which also features another good arranger and guitarist Olivier Tshimanga.

There other songs arranged by Sec Bidens on which Werra put in an effort and sounded well. I can only applaud him for the effort,it's not easy.
LE BIG BOSS

jeantwatwa #2 on: March 17, 2017, 13:25

• View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D I fully agree, his voice is more tolerable in a duet arrangement

EMOVICTEAM #3 on: March 17, 2017, 14:03

• View Profile
Werrason's voice is not for singing on a long chorus or line, it is a complementary voice. Personally I find it ok when its done in that style, not when he wants to sing alone....

Jdog #4 on: March 17, 2017, 17:49

• View Profile
He's not the best of singers but there has been times where he has done pretty good like for example Likambo and Point Carre. His voice is more of a complementary voice then a lead. 
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #5 on: March 17, 2017, 18:58

• View Profile
The video that sparked the topic:

You guys keep mentioning Likambo, indeed it's a good song with even JB publicly congratulating him, but his voice was heavily edited, even using autotune..

He sang great on Kibuisa Mpimpa, however, Al Nzimbi has gone on record saying it was a very difficult and long project because it took many takes to get things right (think the J'ai ai assez video with Celeo telling him how to sing). Even then, Al and I believe engineer Pascal Bodin, had to work their magic with voice editing.

I respect Werra and rate him highly because he was very aware of what one would call a short comings, and paved his own way to success using different means.

jeantwatwa #6 on: March 17, 2017, 19:10

• View Profile
[]

SALSISTER - The intro to this classic,  is perhaps one of the few times that one can witness above average singing from Ngiama himself, although I suspect it took quiet a bit of practice as well. I'm not a hating on the guy, I was simply trying to point out the elephant in the room...his vocal skills.

jax #7 on: March 18, 2017, 06:18

• View Profile
Werrason is a  good vocalist, if you listen to all the projects hes been involved in since the Wenge musica 4x4 days until today.''Its so sickening to see this forum which was once having good and open discussions  become a Werra bashing arena. Fake forum  >:( >:( >:(

Matebu #8 on: March 18, 2017, 06:44

• View Profile
Werrason is a  good vocalist, if you listen to all the projects hes been involved in since the Wenge musica 4x4 days until today.''Its so sickening to see this forum which was once having good and open discussions  become a Werra bashing arena. Fake forum  >:( >:( >:(

;D kiekie. Bashing arena? the man has an entire forum section specifically dedicated to news on him and his band. On this very thread, people simply provided their opinion (as jeantwatwa asked for) -  some backed it up with historical facts, and all praised him to varying degrees.

It's clear that you're a 'Nsonique and I think that's great, so I won't engage in an arguement

Manzambi94 #9 on: March 18, 2017, 10:23

• View Profile
I am a Maison Mere fan, the best fan on the planet with no doubt, but I know, like all the members of MM knows that Werra is a terrible singer, not because of his voice, but because he try to sing like he is a first voice, while he should do bass voice like Zulema, and Fabregas and many other second voice instead, he always try to sing like a first voice, but he obviously can't because he is forcing his nature, if he try to sing like a second voice like he did when he was with JB and the others it will be better for him, the fact that Werra is not credited like a bad singer is because people are more focused on how he can transform a normal singer to a great one, like he did with Ferre, Deplick and many other guys who had good voices.

princesab #10 on: March 18, 2017, 12:24

• View Profile
My only concern is the OUTPUT.

If you are a Bad singer or good singer and yet you produce something which can not convince me... YOU ARE FULL OF S***

Manzambi94 #11 on: March 18, 2017, 13:16

• View Profile
Jax since you wanted listen to Werra singing here

And in THIS last One compare Baby, Heriter and Ferrè's voice to Werra's One and tell me how can you say he is a good vocalist

CM PRINCE #12 on: March 18, 2017, 15:57

• View Profile
haha what planet are you from when was the first and last time you saw werra do a concert without his band jb koffi fally and ferre can easily do it werra can't and he himself knows that he's charismatic and can easily put on a great show but isn't a good singer you don't have to get upset over an opinion

CM PRINCE #13 on: March 18, 2017, 15:59

• View Profile
Jax since you wanted listen to Werra singing here

And in THIS last One compare Baby, Heriter and Ferrè's voice to Werra's One and tell me how can you say he is a good vocalist

spot on manzambi

Franco Pepe Kalle #14 on: March 18, 2017, 19:44

• View Profile
I think he is a incredible backup singer but a mediocre lead singer overall. He is not bad but not that good either.

It depends on the song itself.

Like in case of his recent song here, he sounds kind of weak and annoying.

But in songs such as this, Werrason sounds very impressive. Not great but good enough to listen