Author Topic: When did Felix Wazekwa start dancing like Darth Vader  (Read 4317 times)

jeantwatwa on: April 03, 2019, 20:28

• View Profile
I stumbled on this old clip of a young Felix Wazekwa, what caught my eyes most was the dance routine close to the end. It was normal and void of any robotic movement that has become a signature move of Wazekwa.

Can any of our esteemed Seniors, explain when this transitioned happed, thanks in advance.

[

archos #1 on: April 03, 2019, 20:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
it came from 2002 or 2003  when he decided to stop using animations of other groups and create his own way of dancing,his own looks... and it was inspired by the fact he found the waist dances to have a tendency to be to sensual,especially when his dancers would want to throw all their energy to catch both his and the crowd attention so he went for a radical change and almost no more waist dances but dances built for most on the upper side of the body  and legs
in the last ten eleven years,most cultura dances are his,unlike in the past where the choreographers mboyo,ali or brevete lukima were doing  the work which was then adapted to the "traditional" tempo of ndombolo with gessac and co
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 20:46 by archos »

jeantwatwa #2 on: April 03, 2019, 20:59

• View Profile
Very well explained @Archos , Felix Wazekwa is  a complete performer, mind and body, and completely aware of energy management. It now makes sense why he's always level headed during his interviews as well.

shamala #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:59

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Ken Bilele #4 on: April 04, 2019, 08:37

• View Profile
Talk of Wazekwa, just yesterday evening a friend of mine who has been on leave was telling me that he has discovered Felix Wazekwa. He was telling me that he has come to love the man and his music. This is one guy who has not been into Congolese music that much, he's only been listening to Koffi, Fally and Ferre. He asked me why Werra was dancing throughout when he last performed in Kenya and I only told him that he loves dancing.

jeantwatwa #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:07

• View Profile
@ken , you shoud've told your friend its because Werrason dance's better than he can sing ,  ;D ;D ;D

Ken Bilele #6 on: April 04, 2019, 09:19

• View Profile
@ken , you shoud've told your friend its because Werrason dance's better than he can sing ,  ;D ;D ;D

Shhhhhhhhh!!! I told him that's his nature, He's a show man. Listening to Medicament together yesterday and he insisted that the singer had been to QL, he insisted and I told him the two singers seems to have been fed a lot of cricket insect while still young.