Author Topic: Lokassa Ya Mbongo Hospitalized in Columbia after Stroke  (Read 1720 times)

jeantwatwa on: August 22, 2021, 09:34

• View Profile
[]

Just found out in the comment section that Congolese guitar legend Lokassa Kasia Denis( Lokassa ya Mbongo ) and former member of Sam Mangwana’s Africa All Stars, has been hospitalized in Columbia after a stroke and is sadly struggling to communicate verbally.
From what I understand he’s been living in Columbia for a number of years, if you follow Shakira you’ll understand that Congolese music style is very big in Columbia since the 1970’s.
He’s apparently been living alone and his family and fans outside of Columbia may not be aware of his current condition.
I’m calling out anybody on this forum that has contact with his family to please make them aware in case they haven’t heard.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: August 23, 2021, 05:47

• View Profile
This really sucks. I know he is about 75 years old. He was a big play for Tabu Ley before being a major soukous rhythm guitarist during the 1980s and 1990s.

jeantwatwa #2 on: August 23, 2021, 08:31

• View Profile
Sucks big time bro, I grew up listening to his playful style.

Seems it’s not his first time being hospitalized oversea’s. About, 3 years ago he was hospitalized in the states for a month. Luckily the Congolese diaspora is quiet big there, and he recovered well.