Author Topic: I JUST REALISED I LIVE UNDER A ROCK  (Read 4546 times)

SoukousFan on: August 05, 2020, 21:38

• View Profile
Been listening to a couple of songs from Innocent Balume aka Innos B ... huh .... he actually has some good music.
Not my cup of tea, but looking at the quality of today's music, I will take it.

Can someone give a history of this guy? It does not look like he came from the traditional Congolese Background of breaking away from a big band?

archos #1 on: August 06, 2020, 00:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Born in 1997 in east of DRC had a group with his elder brothers who are basically his staff now,went to regional competition of tv show vodacom superstar in 2009 and won and went to national competition and won in 2010 and got produced like was meant to be for the winner by akon and did at that age quite some things we expect from the young guys who are old enough to be his parents(meeting stars, playing in front of foreign people)
then came back to congo and realised it was extremely hard for an artist not living in kinshasa to earn any name in congolese music
so he moved along with his brothers to kinshasa since 2012 and learned lingala in order to communicate(while in his region they speak swahili)
and since then has been doing solo music under the direction of his brothers,refusing to sign to several labels in order to remain independent

SoukousFan #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:41

• View Profile

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:30

• View Profile
And now he is making his way to the top, he has overtaken several artists in DRC the 2nd most relevant artist in Congo

Manzambi94 #4 on: August 06, 2020, 12:43

• View Profile
Born in 1997 in east of DRC had a group with his elder brothers who are basically his staff now,went to regional competition of tv show vodacom superstar in 2009 and won and went to national competition and won in 2010 and got produced like was meant to be for the winner by akon and did at that age quite some things we expect from the young guys who are old enough to be his parents(meeting stars, playing in front of foreign people)
then came back to congo and realised it was extremely hard for an artist not living in kinshasa to earn any name in congolese music
so he moved along with his brothers to kinshasa since 2012 and learned lingala in order to communicate(while in his region they speak swahili)
and since then has been doing solo music under the direction of his brothers,refusing to sign to several labels in order to remain independent
O.O. all of what is done has been done by being indipenedent? Aaaaaah Innoss, I am surprised it is impressive.

archos #5 on: August 06, 2020, 13:14

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yes his early work which congolese fanbase could not really get attached to because it was in english and so on was with help of akon but ever since he arrived in kinshasa 8 years ago everything is done like this,music by him and fokondji "djizzo" balume,management by prince balume, clips by achille balume "ach'b" and writing with eric balume fonkodji
then he has donors like all other artists backing him like eric mandala and co
https://www.radiookapi.net/emissions-2/lartiste/2010/01/06/maisha-soul-cherche-un-producteur
here is an old article of them 4 when they were still a band maisha soul which became maisha soul records as the structure behind innoss' career
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 13:17 by archos »

SoukousFan #6 on: August 06, 2020, 15:26

• View Profile
Archos, so is Innos B fluent in English??

archos #7 on: August 06, 2020, 15:29

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Cavalier Solitaire #8 on: August 06, 2020, 15:38

• View Profile
So it's more like the Jacksons five with the youngest being the face of the group. Nice.

archos #9 on: August 06, 2020, 18:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

The song he did with akon as a kid

Manzambi94 #10 on: August 06, 2020, 19:02

• View Profile

The song he did with akon as a kid

Brooooo he could be the next Superstar in America why he didn't pursue the American dream rather than trying to find success in the Congolese scene?

BienMat23 #11 on: August 06, 2020, 19:06

• View Profile
I guess home is home, maybe he always planned to “make it” where he is from.

Kizito #12 on: August 07, 2020, 07:38

• View Profile
I guess home is home, maybe he always planned to “make it” where he is from.

Davido was born and raised in America to Nigerian Parents, he speaks American tonation, but he sings in Nigerian Tonation targeting Nigerians and Africans, it is very difficult to succeed in America.