Author Topic: Manda Chante & BANA OK  (Read 2360 times)

Tata Nkiadi on: August 13, 2019, 20:32

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
I have watched a couple of their concerts and it’s refreshing to watch him sing OK Jazz songs but I’ve got questionss:

What is his plan for the band?

Are they releasing new music or is it just a Kinshasa based cover band?

Was Wenge Reference a band of free lance studio musicians or actual members. What becomes of them?

I’d like to see him grow the band and polish their sound but there are no original members for appropriate guidance. Which is the same underlying issue I’m seeing for the original OK Jazz managed by Franco’s son.

Longbluesquid #1 on: August 13, 2019, 21:00

• View Profile
I would love him to do an album with both Bana Ok and Wenge Reference.

Tata Nkiadi #2 on: August 14, 2019, 11:34

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
I would love him to do an album with both Bana Ok and Wenge Reference.

This would be dope. I would hope Manda Chante has meaningful uses for both bands.

Archos? Anyone? Any definitive answers to the questions asked?

archos #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:16

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
From what i know they had started an album when papa simaro was still alive,but they put it on hold for now,you know african families after funerals
but they are starting again soon
 manda had fired wenge reference musicians then recruited new ones with jb's support with instruments,but it was not yet a super complete band,so what manda did when he got opportunity to take bana ok,he mixed his musicians with the few who remained in bana ok(as many left being angry that manda becomes their leader) and recruited some
manda also had an album on the way before that idea but i dont know if  he will still release