Author Topic: Malage De Lugendo butchers Testament Ya Bowule  (Read 6402 times)

Tata Nkiadi on: May 15, 2014, 02:16

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
A song that helped propel him to higher heights in OK Jazz, yet during a "tribute" concert to Franco, Malage straight jacks it up.  Not sure if he was tired or drunk, but this was hard to watch. Position your cursor into 1:09 to watch the set. Also, I'm not sure if the title of the video is correct. I can't tell if it was a joint concert between members of Zaiko & Bana OK in Hommage of Franco or an official Bana OK concert featuring Zaiko as I didn't Simaro or Nyoka Longo anywhere in the video.

Ken Bilele #1 on: May 15, 2014, 16:14

• View Profile
Is Malage been sick? One day i would go to Congo just to get the first hand information of the lifestyle of these musicians. Men with with big names but with contrary pictures on their faces, Let me aske once again, archos how is the life of these musicians back in Congo? What is the real life of Malage ge Lugendo if you may know?

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #2 on: May 15, 2014, 17:19

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When was this,how come Malage is failing to sing and he doesn't seem to be alright on stage,hope all is well. On facebook photos he looks alright from his base in Belgium.
LE BIG BOSS

Ken Bilele #3 on: May 15, 2014, 17:56

• View Profile
When was this,how come Malage is failing to sing and he doesn't seem to be alright on stage,hope all is well. On facebook photos he looks alright from his base in Belgium.

He's been in Belgium?

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: May 15, 2014, 18:00

• Administrator
    • View Profile

He's been in Belgium?
Yes,he's always been in Belgium, been there for many years now infact most surviving TPOK Jazz members are Europe based including Josky Kiambukuta who has been struggling with medical problems, only a few remain in Congo like Le Poete Lutumba Simaro.
LE BIG BOSS

Tata Nkiadi #5 on: May 16, 2014, 16:11

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile

He's been in Belgium?
Yes,he's always been in Belgium, been there for many years now infact most surviving TPOK Jazz members are Europe based including Josky Kiambukuta who has been struggling with medical problems, only a few remain in Congo like Le Poete Lutumba Simaro.

I thought Josky was back in Kin.  A few years ago, I visited Lutumba at his home, and he seemed to be in excellent health.  His doctor happens to be a distant cousin of mine.  It amazes me how he's outlasting guys who came into the group after him.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: May 16, 2014, 19:29

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought Josky was back in Kin.  A few years ago, I visited Lutumba at his home, and he seemed to be in excellent health.  His doctor happens to be a distant cousin of mine.  It amazes me how he's outlasting guys who came into the group after him.
Josky had gone to Kin a few months ago, in an interview he said he was invited by the Kin governor Andre Kimbuta but whether he was just visiting and has now returned to Europe I don't know.

Indeed Papa Lutumba is still going strong albeit his legs getting tired coz of age.
LE BIG BOSS