Author Topic: The Misfortune of Nouvelle Ecrita  (Read 5203 times)

Wenge1995 on: March 13, 2019, 06:07

• View Profile
Mawa trop, there must be a plauge of bad luck around Wemba and his band whenever they are beset by tragedy; it's always they're most talented members.

The first that comes to mind is Alpachino and his passing from renal cancer. I heard Papa Wemba didn't attend his funeral, is this true? Even though he left in 2007, I thought they maintained good relationship.

@ 9min 53sec for third video

We can't forget about the criminally short career of drummer Deo Sfr, if I remember he died after the release of Somo Trop but why?

mvulusi96 #1 on: March 13, 2019, 14:07

Alpatchino left in 2006 along with Sampaio and other singer, because of Viva-fans saying that they became to old. Then he started his solo-career and released somewhere in 2008 or 2007 his solo album Ciffre 7. Papa Wemba didn't attend the funeral because people were accusing of sending Alpachino's ex'wife and former Fioti-Fioti dancer Julie Mulanga to poison him, since that both guy were dating her and Alpatchino not being able to release the promise to emigrate to Europe which pissed her off. So people of Alpatchino and Matonge said that they would beat and kill Wemba if he would try to come to the funeral. With Papa Wemba's fans claiming that it was suicide. Julie Mulanga went then quickly to the television to deny it and claiming that Sampaio was spreading those rumors.

Deo Sfr died because of a car-accident.

Wenge1995 #2 on: March 13, 2019, 15:13

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

These artist have to leave these dancers alone, those relationships are the cause of so much problems between group members kiekiekie!

Where do you think Deo SFR would be today had he not died?

mvulusi96 #3 on: March 13, 2019, 15:32

Alpatchino really married Julie Mulanga, but she was still dancing in Nouvelle Ecriture and people were saying that Wemba was still ...... with her.

I think that Deo Sfr would stay he whole life in Nouvelle Ecriture like Tosha Fulakanda and let his talents rot there away of leave and dissapear like Dady Bola, his reserve drummer Puff Daddy, CPP and those other talented artists.

archos #4 on: March 13, 2019, 15:58

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lol if i were alpa i would not be comfortable either with the shoutout she received in somo trop "julie mulanga,adundaka nionso" (the woman who "takes it all") ;D ;D ;D
women were really papa's biggest "weakness"

Mirobexx #5 on: March 13, 2019, 17:06

• View Profile
Where is Dady Bola by the way .I still see him on the JB Mpiana Pesa Mbote dvd.He was a good guitarist .

mvulusi96 #6 on: March 13, 2019, 17:10

I heard that he's now in Instabul (Turkey), trying to get in Europe. Maybe he's already in Greece.

Wenge1995 #7 on: March 13, 2019, 17:27

• View Profile
Damn, I didn't know Papa Wemba behaved like that kiekiekie!  I guess him and Mopao are two sides of the same coin lol. As foul as he was for doing that, Alpatchino was not wise for wifing a dancer...it's no different from Rob Kardashian marrying Blaque China, you can't make a ho a housewife.

Is Nouvelle Ecrita and Viva La Musica active bands following Wemba's death or have they split?

Anyone know who the male dancer is in the Fula Ngenge music video? He always appears in Wemba videos and concerts. He is in the denim overalls at the 3:51 minute mark and throughout the clip

Mukulu #8 on: March 13, 2019, 17:29

• View Profile
Where is Guylain Madova ? Puff daddy ? CPP and Djamusket ?

mvulusi96 #9 on: March 13, 2019, 17:40

Damn, I didn't know Papa Wemba behaved like that kiekiekie!  I guess him and Mopao are two sides of the same coin lol. As foul as he was for doing that, Alpatchino was not wise for wifing a dancer...it's no different from Rob Kardashian marrying Blaque China, you can't make a ho a housewife.

Is Nouvelle Ecrita and Viva La Musica active bands following Wemba's death or have they split?

Anyone know who the male dancer is in the Fula Ngenge music video? He always appears in Wemba videos and concerts. He is in the denim overalls at the 3:51 minute mark and throughout the clip

Viva La Musica doesn't exist anymore since 2006. But Nouvelle Ecriture is still there is since 2006 the real Viva La Musica. Alot of musicians where fired by Amazone for signing a contract in Matadi without informing her. Then Pompom Miyake left. On this moment they are recording an album with Maika Munan.

The dancer in that video is Zimbabwe "Docteur de la Danse"

mvulusi96 #10 on: March 13, 2019, 17:47

Where is Guylain Madova ? Puff daddy ? CPP and Djamusket ?

Puff Daddy is still there, but about the rest I don't know. I think that Djamusket was one of the few musicians who were fired by Amazone.

SLK97 #11 on: March 13, 2019, 18:01

• View Profile

Viva La Musica doesn't exist anymore since 2006. But Nouvelle Ecriture is still there is since 2006 the real Viva La Musica. Alot of musicians where fired by Amazone for signing a contract in Matadi without informing her. Then Pompom Miyake left. On this moment they are recording an album with Maika Munan.

The dancer in that video is Zimbabwe "Docteur de la Danse"

How long have they been recording that album?

archos #12 on: March 13, 2019, 18:24

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
album was not far from being finished but it has stalled for a while due to maika's issues with verckys i think he's been in prison for a while now

Wenge1995 #13 on: March 13, 2019, 23:25

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

Would anyone really want a Nouvelle Ecriture without Wemba? That's like a Quartier Latin album with zero invovlement from Koffi, it's just weird.

Besides, we've seen this type of situation before with Pepe Kalle's Delta Force. Kalle's sudden death caused a vaccum in leadership and the entire group collapsed under the pressure to dictate how to proceed in his absence.

mvulusi96 #14 on: March 14, 2019, 00:33

OK Jazz was still there after Franco's death in 1989 until 1993 when Franco's family messed everything up. Which made 80% of the musicians create Bana Ok which exist until this day.

I'm seeing Nouvelle Ecriture now as Bendoson's band.Btw its Bendoson who came with the idea to name Viva La Musica "Aile Kin" as Nouvelle Ecriture. Hence why Papa Wemba was forced to chance his name into Nouvelle Ecrita when he left, because of Bendoson having sued him in Kinshasa. Since that he made of Nouvelle Ecriture his own trademark at the with only him having that right to use that name on discs, concerts, posters, etc.

It would be intresseting to see them succeed after failing with his album Face B (which as a good album, having featerings with Fally, Heritier, Mogratana & Gessac) in 2007 when the G7-revolution just started and also back in 2000 with Pompom Miyake & Ramazani. I started to get some respect for him back in 2000 (after hating him years long for disrespecting and ignoring Reddy), because the interviews he was making saying that it was time for Congolese musicians to stop mabanga, that thay hve to standup for their rights (living of royalties), that the youngsters of Kinshasa have to stop with begging for money to many people (for example praising people coming from Europe and/or rich people), etc. But journalists like Thierry Pinzi, Lolo Milolo, etc. weren't taking him serious, saying that he dreaming while he was right. But now almost 20 years later, people are talking about that while he said already a longtime ago. He even recorded a song about it, but it came never out since that his band disbanded shortly after the departure of Pompom & Ramazani. Back in 1998 he already recorded a song about kuluna's called "Ba Yankee ya Sika", but the message didn't hit people really because of the kuluna not being really strong in Kinshasa, only in the areas of Selembao, Bumbu & Masina. Papa Wemba was the first Congolese artist to come with that term of Kuluna back in 2000, in of the A La Une-songs