Author Topic: FERRE TEASES A NEW RUMBA FROM DYNASTIE 2  (Read 1668 times)

archos on: September 21, 2022, 18:52

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Looks like my man is going to have grey beard soon

SYMPLICITY #1 on: September 22, 2022, 06:57

• View Profile
I think I am one of those people whose Ferre's rhumbas are made for. I absolutely can't wait. I am playing the snippet and after 10 repeats ill be singing the whole chorus with him though I don't understand a word. I only know it's got something with Kadi Kadima. Was that Energie Abarambwa who was just about to drop vocals?

johnbas #2 on: September 22, 2022, 16:33

• View Profile
Me too Simplicity, Ferre is just the top for me, I can’t wait for Dynastie 2. Ferre for me
Never disappoints. When is it coming out?,  anyone with dates.

archos #3 on: September 22, 2022, 16:42

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 ferre wants it to be out for december but it depends on how they handle what the guests have to do
deplick,jdt,mabiala,aimelia,tolbert solo,adjani,eboa,baby ndombe,ali mbonda,kakol,jitrois,michel bass plus lacoste and miel who are meant to join

CM PRINCE #4 on: September 22, 2022, 17:43

• View Profile
Lacoste now joined the project?? Lmao he really must’ve swallowed his price

archos #5 on: September 22, 2022, 18:09

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
not yet joined but high level donors are stepping on the case and sometimes he is up for it then sometimes he does not want to lose his "rival of ferre" character he always tries to build

archos #6 on: September 22, 2022, 18:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i just saw on twitter ferre and soleil in studio announcing a feat,with that song playing in background

CM PRINCE #7 on: September 22, 2022, 18:28

• View Profile

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #8 on: September 22, 2022, 21:36

• View Profile

Looks like my man is going to have grey beard soon
I know this topic has been mentioned before, in Zim people call seben/generiques rhumba, can you help me explain to them the difference please.

archos #9 on: September 22, 2022, 22:18

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=874260990211448

they are finishing kakol song in kinshasa
rumba is slow music,generique is dance music,sebene is slow music with progressive acceleration then dance

Mwanayaafrica #10 on: September 22, 2022, 23:30

• View Profile
Is Werrason going to be in the project?

BienMat23 #11 on: September 23, 2022, 10:04

• View Profile

rumba is slow music,generique is dance music,sebene is slow music with progressive acceleration then dance
I agree Archos but is Rumba not also the name of the whole genre ??

Manzambi94 #12 on: September 23, 2022, 10:41

• View Profile

I agree Archos but is Rumba not also the name of the whole genre ??

No not at all,

Rhumba is only the name of the slow music which is destined usually for love songs or dedications to donors who pay the leader (usually a singer, but there are some rare cases like in Extra Musica NH and Zangul where the leader are musicans Sonor, Roga Roga) a good amount to make sings for them.
Acting like we had an album of 4 songs usually in Congolese  music

There is Ndombolo Music which is the genre dedicated to the generique  which is the main song or theme of the Album and that traditionally has the Album name and it is the first song of the album even tho like in Libre Parcours the generique were put last in the Album. This is the song that get danced at parties that introduce the new dances  and that introduce or solidify an Atalaku's name Leader  can participate but usually they just are the overall voice for Mabanga (Dedicace in French Shouting Out in English) for the various customers/donors who gave money to the leader for putting their name onto Generique, usually this used to be the most important song but there are guys loke Ferre, or Fally who sometimes have more Famous Rhumba then Generiques with Ferre being the most known for that since Fally have had very successful generique and his generique lack only when he doesn't put the effort. Thus js the fast pace music

The structure of the song is unique in the world because the song here doesn't go by chorus loke Western songs goes with a Bridge a Hook and verse no, it goes by dances, that's why it is easy to see 10 min songs being played for so long because people aren't dancing to an actual song but a series of dances, dances in Ndombolo are usually a concept a cat H phrase or a sentence and the  you repeat the catch phrase multiple times. An example could be Lelele By Brigade 

Where he said the concept in Swahili his original language (usually the songs are in Lingala but KiKongo and recently Tshiluba influxes are frequent) "Noel Ngiama Ana Letamambo, Ana Letamambo Yoyoyo MusiChoke" (Noel Ngiama he Is bringing new things, he is bringing new things so we are happy") and then he goes with Lelele as you can see this is a 10 min video, but if you dance it you don't feel those ten minutes cause it is a dance.

Then there is Rhumba which we explained earlier  and that have slow songs with a slower pace since they are destined for couples to dance or people just dancing with a partner, and they usually introduce new singers or solidify old ones in this case you have to cases of songs songs by the singers of the group who are under the leader (meaning that they can pose the lyrics give directions to the Instrumentalists, on how to play it) or the sings is credited to the leader himself, usually the songs where the singers under the leader compose songs are called Group Albums since they are of the whole group, while the album where the leader compose all the songs are solo albums, these songs usually end un slow pace with a lot of changes that goes to super extra slow to slow, a good example of a group album is A La queue Leu Leu where the Golden Generation each had a song

That's why you see like in this case Werrason Ft. Ferre Gola cause this was the song Ferre compose in Werra's group

A good example of solo album can be Temoifnage by Werrason where he made several good rhumbas loke Demi Tour and Na Touche

These are the songs that are usually dedicated to donors or to just explain love through the lens of the leader or of the singer

Then there are Sebenes
Who are the sings who are a mix of Generique and Rhumba which usually Starts with the slow pace Rhumba and then end up in a fast pace Generique a good example of this is 4:32/4:33

You can hear the song being called Sans Coeur (Without Heart even tho the meaning is Heartless)  and speaks about a Woman who got left and that lost that naivity after her first heartbreak but then in the minute I have cited you go with the fast pace and aggressive Sebene with Roi David starting to animate this song have usually a lead vocalist and a group of guys doing like 30 sec each of vocals in thus case since eit is Werra's album you have Werra as the main voice then Eboa Lotin, Bon Bon Kojack doing the vocals and the rest of the singers dancing the incoming Sebene, then you got the Generique part who comes this song serves two purposes to further make the Mabangas who couldn't physically fit the Rhumbas and the Generique but also to give space to Singers who didn't have a lot of chance to main Rhumbas or to introduce new ones and give Atalakus further space to repeat the catch cries/dances of the beginning or introduce e new ones who couldn't fit the main generique. These songs are really hard ti he danced at parties since people are focused on the main generique or Rhumbas.

Then there is the 4th style who sometimes is there but usually more then not isn't which is traditional, these are the sings that usually use Traditional Instruments of the Native region of the leader to put a popular proverb or a life concept  into music and they rarely talk about love they are more loke popular tradition, an example is always Werra with two songs, one is Block Cadenas which is a song by that kid called Elvis Kupemba who built his guitar by himself and gave life to Block Cadenas with Tshabwala Rhytm which is one of the many variations of the KiKongo Language and rhytm

2:25

In fact if you hear the sound is really.similar to this sound of our beloved Konono Mulende

This is usually the BaKongo rhytm which is located unto South West/West Congo those are kinda modernized version of the rhytm but there are also the more traditional ones

hen there is the Muluba rhytm

8:18

6:16 Mama Tshala Muana who got extremely popular introducing the Mutuashi rhytm into Popular music

Ferre tried too but Mmm

Then there is the Swahili rhytm

And then there is the Mongo Rhytm which is the Folklore version of the Bangala culture

This song is the one who got Boniomai which is the dance that inspired many of the Synthe song you used to hear when Fally Ipupa made Original

And Elok'Oyo

So as you can see Rhumba is just the name of one of the many genre of Congolese music, the fact that Congolese music is played with instrument and the natural ability of Congolese people to blend these genres all at once (Y9u can go in the street of any hood in Kinshasa, Lubumbasji, Matata, Mbuji Mayi or Mbandaka and find a kid who does things that not even Micheal Jackson or Beethoven could dream of) makes it appear from the outside that Rhumba is the only genre but it isn't each genre has his own rules
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:20 by Manzambi94 »