Author Topic: JB MPIANA... MOST CRITICIZED ARTIST  (Read 17409 times)

shamala on: May 12, 2014, 17:27

• View Profile
Is it me or JB Mpiana is the most criticized  artist in this forum?
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #1 on: May 12, 2014, 17:43

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not only this forum, most honest music critics know that JB has been lazy, what he's been doing the last 10 years is not what we expected from him. JB Mpiana was untouchable were performance was concerned between 1999 and 2003,every show was electrifying and we all looked forward to his albums knowing we are gonna dance but not these days, some of us even know the order in which he plays songs at concerts and you can predict just what will be contained in an album, it's because he spends several years showcasing something much that by the time it's out it's expired.
LE BIG BOSS

Tunutu #2 on: May 12, 2014, 19:01

• View Profile
I think Mpiana shone during that time because he had inherited most of Wenge Musica precious assets including the musicians and goodwill, in 2003 after most of the songs which were arranged during the great Wenge error came of age, and its time we saw the true Mpiana when surrounded by Mediocres

KAISARI #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:05

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
I think Mpiana shone during that time because he had inherited most of Wenge Musica precious assets including the musicians and goodwill, in 2003 after most of the songs which were arranged during the great Wenge error came of age, and its time we saw the true Mpiana when surrounded by Mediocres
...right on point...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

ngombeshenzi55 #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:55

• View Profile
Not only this forum, most honest music critics know that JB has been lazy, what he's been doing the last 10 years is not what we expected from him. JB Mpiana was untouchable were performance was concerned between 1999 and 2003,every show was electrifying and we all looked forward to his albums knowing we are gonna dance but not these days, some of us even know the order in which he plays songs at concerts and you can predict just what will be contained in an album, it's because he spends several years showcasing something much that by the time it's out it's expired.

Right on point. The same things i observed. He has no (plan C).  (Plan A) was his split from Wenge Musica it was a big plan that worked out for him, The rest of the likes of Werrason, Adophe, Masela were left naked, they felt the pinch and had to re groupe in their very best  and they did through thic and thin, (Plan B) he inherited the best talent from the original Wenge Musica and they composed  the best music of that time, My high school teacher of Chemistry and Physics was a JB mpiana fan, played his songs in his office all the time.  Now he has no ideas, the wold of music is gradually evolving, he is sorrounded by old monks no (plan C). Werrason sits, walks and sleep with La Zamba in his head. what of JB?

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #5 on: May 14, 2014, 13:13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, I think JB produced good stuff just after the break up of Wenge because he took with him experienced musicians from Wenge who contributed immensely but I think it's the wealth he's amassed that has got to his head, he doesn't care about setting standards, he's following trends and has become complacent that's why we can always predict what he's gonna do next.
LE BIG BOSS

KAISARI #6 on: May 14, 2014, 15:04

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
Yes, I think JB produced good stuff just after the break up of Wenge because he took with him experienced musicians from Wenge who contributed immensely but I think it's the wealth he's amassed that has got to his head, he doesn't care about setting standards, he's following trends and has become complacent that's why we can always predict what he's gonna do next.
...I see your point, kind of reminds us of our young governments who couldn't keep up with the standards our colonizers left..
You do not beat a drum with one finger

Tunutu #7 on: May 14, 2014, 15:11

• View Profile

I don't think if it is because of his wealth, last year he came to Tanzania, he was brought by an amateur producer, he stayed in a low level hotel compared to his previous visits, he performed in-front of empty seats, and you tell me its because of his wealth? I think Koffi is richer than him, and he will never entertain empty seats.   

archos #8 on: May 14, 2014, 15:26

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i agree about the wealth argument,i would add that he is also badly surrounded,him and some of the guys around him kicked out the guys who had balls to confront him like bula,makaba, titina,mpela and caludji to keep him with guys who say amen to him all day long(same reason for werra dropping aswell)
also the fact, most of bcbg fans if not all are first and foremost  jb mpiana fans does not help either
he knows he has cemented a big fanbase,most of them being ecstatic just by hearing somebody say the name jb and he knows most of the focus is on him(proof is in bcbg's shows you will never ever ever watch a concert extract without him on stage,no way) and this is a double-edged sword,some take this situation to always put pressure on themselves to keep improving and some relax as they know no matter what they are already proven stars,but that does not mean he completely does not care at all,it would be over the top to claim that
he does care,but not as much as he should...then he has that weakness we all  know about strategy, he just does not have that gift and thankfully for him he is still managing a correct career without it
but it makes me ask myself one question,as i have seen this criticism in every forum i have been on in my life, is it that jb is so talented that it infuriates people to see him being content with producing good,at best?
because i have noticed that all the criticism jb gets(except maybe the complacency bit to some extent) he is the only one to get them
so is he that good to make people mad at him for sinking that low?

archos #9 on: May 14, 2014, 15:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
and also i think one of us said that we saw the real jb when ex wenge musica members left and if i understood well that its been shambles after that
may i try to put it in a different perspective?
the relative collapse of jb after ex wenge musica men's departure coincided with a period where he had already proven all what was expected from a big star and also its the law of complementarity,none of the ex-wenge musica men all gone solo now does not lack  a quality from one of the ex- colleague

shamala #10 on: May 14, 2014, 18:01

• View Profile
from the comments can I conclude that JB is a very good artist who is not trying very hard?

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #11 on: May 14, 2014, 18:58

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I don't think if it is because of his wealth, last year he came to Tanzania, he was brought by an amateur producer, he stayed in a low level hotel compared to his previous visits, he performed in-front of empty seats, and you tell me its because of his wealth? I think Koffi is richer than him, and he will never entertain empty seats.
I didn't say JB Mpiana is the richest musician in Congo, it's Koffi Olomide followed by Fally Ipupa but that aside, what I meant is that he's comfortable with his current position, he's not innovative where music is concerned he's lucky that he has a solid fan base and his fans swear to be with him all the way no matter how bad he performs, it's his persona we love,am also one of those fans who just like JB Mpiana,when he really means business he's an excellent performer.

As for his visit to TZ, it's not him to blame, it's the producer, this is how most musicians are duped, it also happened to General Defao right there in TZ,a producer claims he's got enough funds and promises everything 5 star but the musician only realises when he's already travelled that all is rubbish. It is only the likes of Koffi who have high standards that will cancel a show at last minute when not happy, Koffi did that in Zambia, he even refused to appear on stage because the producer failed to give him the pre-concert deposit Koffi wanted, Koffi knows producers talk crap and disappear once the show starts so JB probably fell in that trap.....thinking the producer was credible and had done enough to promote the show.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 19:02 by DJ SLY »
LE BIG BOSS

shamala #12 on: May 14, 2014, 19:14

• View Profile
[quote  :author=DJ SLY link=topic=5765.msg10950#msg10950 date=1400090309]
he's lucky that he has a solid fan base and his fans swear to be with him all the way no matter how bad he performs, it's his persona we love,am also one of those fans who just like JB Mpiana,when he really means business he's an excellent performer.
[/quote]

Sly am a hardcore fanatic :D :D
about promoters Fally had the same problem resulting a substandard show here in Kenya
JB is big ....here in Kenya in one of his private visits his bodyguards kicked a senior government out of a VIP lift he was using .

EMOVICTEAM #13 on: May 14, 2014, 20:54

• View Profile
Its funny how you guys discuss jb"s career knowing what has killed his music but you avoid discussing the main reasons he has fallen in standards. Shamala,  the same guys he has kept since 1997 are the ones that have caused his downfall.  Jb does not want change as long his that little man kibense is around him including slow Rio.

NEWSIDE96 #14 on: May 14, 2014, 21:47

• View Profile
If JB had made the Pipiyu of 10 or 14 years ago he would have been way better look at that team Chikito Mutakatif, Djo Lockiss and Bill Clinton's brother I don't know how he preferred Rio and co. Kibens is understandable as he is a formidable songwriter but others just hurt me like Rio and why didn't Jb utilize Bic rouge why fucking why???? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(