Author Topic: International Zaistars with Nene Tshaku  (Read 15037 times)

bencuri on: January 27, 2017, 11:04

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have just came across this album with Nene Tshaku. It would be good to know more about this group. Does anyone have this album?

MwanaMokili #1 on: February 08, 2017, 04:14

• View Profile
Bencuri:

Is this the same artist as Nene Tchakou http://www.last.fm/music/Nene+Tchakou/+wiki ?

I have looked for the group International Zaistars but so far have found very little information on them. There is a mention of the group being based in Nigeria, and the bio link also mentions him being there as well.

Nene Tchakou is a highly skilled Lead guitar session musician who has performed with the Likes of Pepe Felly Manuaku, Koffi Olomide, Kanda Bongoman, Lucien Bokilo, Arlus Mabele and last I heard of him he was in NYC with Samba Mapangala.

He has had a very long career as detailed in his bio, and probably the group International Zaistars was  a collection of session musicians given the name for recording purposes.  This was common practice for big players to get a group  together and record either one-off or a series of albums but they were never a solid group.

The Album sounds like the Soukus beats of the early 90's reminiscent of Loketo of  Arlus Mabele, Matchatcha of Diblo Dibala, Kanda Bongoman and Kasav....

I will keep digging and update this with more information as I get it.

bencuri #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info! It would be interesting to listen to this record. I liked how Nene played in Minzoto Wella Wella. Maybe this would be interesting, too.

MwanaMokili #3 on: April 05, 2017, 06:17

• View Profile
Thanks for the info! It would be interesting to listen to this record. I liked how Nene played in Minzoto Wella Wella. Maybe this would be interesting, too.

Still no info on The International Zaistars, however  came across this gem from Minzoto Wella Wella :

bencuri #4 on: April 06, 2017, 13:06

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!

What I am not sure about, did Nene join Minzoto before or after he played in Langa Langa Stars? Do you have any information on that?

World Music Afrique #5 on: August 07, 2022, 06:29

• View Profile
I have just came across this album with Nene Tshaku. It would be good to know more about this group. Does anyone have this album?

I have the album. RIP Nene Tchakou I miss his swift optimistic riffs :'(

World Music Afrique #6 on: August 07, 2022, 06:31

• View Profile
Thanks!

What I am not sure about, did Nene join Minzoto before or after he played in Langa Langa Stars? Do you have any information on that?

Minzoto tracks with Nene Tchakou