Author Topic: Koffi Olomide - Destination Parc des Princes volume 2 (2000)  (Read 1809 times)

congo-243 on: June 28, 2021, 18:17

• View Profile

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: June 28, 2021, 18:20

• View Profile
This is a interesting documentary. I will watch it without doubt.

SLK97 #2 on: June 28, 2021, 19:56

• View Profile
This poster had one hell of a line-up. Youssou N'Dour, Meiway, Magic System and I believe I saw Extra Musica as well. Looks like Koffi's plans for his Parc des Princes show was an African fest/celebration of African music, regardless of whether they were guests or warming up for him. And the idea of an all-day celebration (can't play a stadium at 2am, can you?) looked like a great day out for the family, I think.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: June 30, 2021, 01:52

• View Profile
So Alpha Blondy had for real huge mpiaka when performing at Bercy (just 3000) spectators ? I remember watching back in the days of 2002 or 2003 an interview of JB Mpiana saying that Youssou Ndour also had a huge mpiaka, when he performed there for the first time. This while they beneficing alot of exposure in the western press and big sponsors sponsoring the event, but Congolese artists having zero promotion in the western press and also not any big sponsor for their Bercy.

Lol, Koffi threw shots towards BCBG about them claiming to perform at Stade de France for win. while it's a big task to get the place by having to pay 6 million franc francais. Which was also the reason why Koffi's concert-promoter of Bercy, decided to plan his event at Parc des Pricnes instead of Stade de France, because of it being more cheaper for him. Really sad that the event didn't took place. Parc des Princes would have been the event of the decade (2000-2010).

I always thought that the event at Stade des Martyrs didn't took place because of him being scared, since that he was always answering irritated when being asked about it by other journalists. I didn't knew that Stade des Martyrs was closed for concerts for a moment (was it due to Werra's event?). The same for his the event at l'Esplanade de Palais du Peuple, because of Dindo Yogo's dead and having the tour after it immediatly in Africa (Benin, Togo, Niger & Burkina Faso) and after it still not being able to perform there, because of pastors fighting with him over the place.