Author Topic: PATROUILLE DES STARS are THE REAL DEAL  (Read 2157 times)

Felo on: July 19, 2014, 23:48

• View Profile
I have not had such a good feeling in a long time. These guys' album is without a doubt the best that has been released in the recent past (make that several years). With classic songs like Ndoto na Nga and Featuring d'Amour, my blood has been rushing into places it has not been in a while. The work done with the instruments and vocals is amazing. This is creativity on a very high level. Choruses, rhythms and transitions (thinking Tonton Partout Partout) are novel. The rumbas are excellent with powerful singing and wonderful vocal harmonies - and guess what? they have those solo guitar parts we crave.

Just when we thought Congolese music was on its deathbed these guys show up with such great sebene music. I had completely lost interest in new Congolese music - and even opted to create my own music instead - but this group has restored my hope. The only criticism I have is their overuse of the synthesizer sound as padding and for transitions (maybe because I am obsessed with clean sound) but I can live with that since everything else they did is impeccable. I especially love the sound of the live performance which is such a welcome change from the patchwork that characterizes most modern productions.