Author Topic: Why aren't there more songs like this?!  (Read 2430 times)

BercysFinest98 on: June 17, 2020, 22:01

• View Profile
This is one song that really puts you in the mood! One of the best ways to close an album as well! Take your madam to the dancefloor and just dance the night away to this!
Près Du Cœur by Pépé Kalle! For me, other than his big bad Soukous Bangers, this lingala flavoured smooth-jazz song is my favourite Pépé Kalle song ever!

Pablo01 #1 on: June 17, 2020, 22:05

• View Profile
This is one song that really puts you in the mood! One of the best ways to close an album as well! Take your madam to the dancefloor and just dance the night away to this!
Près Du Cœur by Pépé Kalle! For me, other than his big bad Soukous Bangers, this lingala flavoured smooth-jazz song is my favourite Pépé Kalle song ever!

There is also a jazz/blues song like Lolo rarely.

Ah RIP Pépé Kallé.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 00:50 by Pabloone71 »

BienMat23 #2 on: June 17, 2020, 23:47

• View Profile
You’ve got to love Pepe Kalles versatility and quality he really did it all, a bit of jazz infusion, traditional rumba, some soukouss sound and even ndombolo kind too. RIP

BercysFinest98 #3 on: June 17, 2020, 23:52

• View Profile
This is genuinely the kind of uniqueness that missing in today's Congolese music! Now it's just over-computerised Afro house songs with explicit content and etc... The "pop" stuff. Pépé Kalle! What a voice man! May he R.I.P!

Pablo01 #4 on: June 18, 2020, 00:07

• View Profile

Pepe Kalle for me he is irreplaceable, period!

SLK97 #5 on: June 18, 2020, 00:41

• View Profile
Songs like this, is proof that Pepe Kalle really had the soul in him. He knew when to sing soulfully. I can't help but wave my imaginary lighter in the air when I play this one. If it was up to me, this song would be played on oldschool R&B/soul radio lol.

BercysFinest98 #6 on: June 18, 2020, 00:53

• View Profile
Songs like this, is proof that Pepe Kalle really had the soul in him. He knew when to sing soulfully. I can't help but wave my imaginary lighter in the air when I play this one. If it was up to me, this song would be played on oldschool R&B/soul radio lol.
I'll join you on the imaginary lighter! Haha! And I totally agree with you on the "soul" statement! Songs of that time really had a true emotion to it! However, all isn't doom and gloom when we have Ferré, ready to revolutionise Congolese music with his classical song!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:00 by BercysFinest98 »