Author Topic: Guys... I need to talk to you about something.  (Read 1978 times)

BercysFinest98 on: April 12, 2021, 12:18

• View Profile
Me being a Koffi Olomide fan from the day that I was born. I love his music a lot. (I was born between Loi & Droit de Veto, for context) I've always idolised the man, I've always looked up to him as a fantastic performer alongside his Quartier Latin band. I don't even know how to go about this right. I've always dismissed the sexual abuse allegations that went against Koffi Olomide.
I always said to myself, "Nah, that's not my problem, I don't really care about that, I can just separate the art from the artist". When you read about these cases. Going away for 10 years and not attending a single trial date to defend yourself screams guilty.

However, when you've been a fan for a lifetime, growing up to his songs and watching VHS tapes and DVDs of him, it's hard. He may have done so much for Congolese music and created such massive milestones, but this is what ruins it. This is genuinely difficult to think about.
What do you think? Let me know your opinions down here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 13:27 by BercysFinest98 »

CM PRINCE #1 on: April 12, 2021, 13:02

• View Profile

Captain #2 on: April 12, 2021, 15:14

• View Profile
The French justice dismissed most of the charges against Koffi, he had to pay 5000 euros as fine for bringing them into France illegally. He was given a two-year suspended prison sentence for sexual offense on minor. So that to me, and a lot of people makes me think: "Oh, he's not what they said he was, but the sexual offense part is still pretty f*cked up." When you hear his ex-dancers talk about it, some of them say he beat/lock/rape them, and some say the opposite. Imo Koffi has done bad things, like any human being. I personally don't think he is a rapist, but him having sexual encounters with his dancers is not false, i mean just look at his kid with Youyou Tshivundu. Does Koffi beat women ? He has been caught on tape at the airport in Kenya. So yes, even tho it was juste a one-time thing, or the kick didn't hit her, it's still pretty bad from his part. Does he lock dancers up ? I do think he has locked dancers up one or two times, to make sure they don't run away, and honestly it's not the best of ideas but can you blame him for having trust issues ? I don't think so, i don't condone the action, but from his point of view (even tho he probably still publicly denies it) I can understand "why" he would do that.

Now I still listen to Koffi Olomide's music, it doesn't make me a bad guy, and I don't feel guilty because he has paid for his actions.

Manzambi94 #3 on: April 15, 2021, 16:54

• View Profile
Me being a Koffi Olomide fan from the day that I was born. I love his music a lot. (I was born between Loi & Droit de Veto, for context) I've always idolised the man, I've always looked up to him as a fantastic performer alongside his Quartier Latin band. I don't even know how to go about this right. I've always dismissed the sexual abuse allegations that went against Koffi Olomide.
I always said to myself, "Nah, that's not my problem, I don't really care about that, I can just separate the art from the artist". When you read about these cases. Going away for 10 years and not attending a single trial date to defend yourself screams guilty.

However, when you've been a fan for a lifetime, growing up to his songs and watching VHS tapes and DVDs of him, it's hard. He may have done so much for Congolese music and created such massive milestones, but this is what ruins it. This is genuinely difficult to think about.
What do you think? Let me know your opinions down here.

Lol bro, for your goodness stop listening to Koffi. With that said you shouldn't worry about Koffi beating dancers but on the many very bad things Koffi had done through his life to get ahead...