Author Topic: Baby Ndombe revealing that he was dreaming to join Quartier Latin before WMM  (Read 1854 times)

Mfumu Vata on: May 03, 2021, 01:32

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: May 03, 2021, 18:02

• View Profile
Often when Baby Ndombe is interviewed calmly without polemic question or stuff like who's better between Ferre and Fally, he often reveal special things. I remember him saying in an interview with I think Thierry Landu, what he wasn't liking Wenge Musica 4x4 that much, because in his opinion their songs had a basic level, adding that he was a fanatic of Wenge El Paris and that he used to like Marie Paul alot. Adding that it's only later that he started respect Wenge 4x4 when they released I think Anges Adorables if I remember well and that he joined Wenge Maison Mere more for tribal reasons, because of Ladins Montana who was influecing him to help Werrason while he was not really believing that Werrason would succeed.

In this interview he says that he wanted to join Quartier Latin and that he already start to work on Modogo's and Suzuki's vocals at home, but that people like Ladins Montana and Julie Zulema to be ready to join Wenge Maison Mere. It's rare to see people of the 1997-2006 generation, say that they wanted to join Quartier Latin. It's mostly Wenge Maison Mere, Wenge BCBG or Viva La Musica.

Franco Pepe Kalle #2 on: May 04, 2021, 05:58

• View Profile
I don't see Baby Ndombe fitting well with Quartier Latin. I don't think Koffi would have really used Baby's voice much. But he could have been a good fit in Papa Wemba's Nouvelle Generation group because his voice is strong but soft which I know Papa Wemba likes a lot. That is my opinion.