Author Topic: FINALLY AN INTERVIEW OF DR. COUSTO SOLISTE OF PATROUILLE DES STARS  (Read 3252 times)

Cavalier Solitaire on: April 09, 2021, 14:09

• View Profile
So just like late Waney Pecho (Zizou Zidane) and Dede Djasco he is also from DRC grew up in Limete of Kinshasa.
He says he grew up a big fan of Wenge Musica and idolising Alain Makaba from where he got the inspiration to become a guitarist starting off as a rhythm guitar player before becoming a soliste.
Joined Patrouille des Stars at the same as Waney (actually he is the one who persuaded Waney to move to Brazza to join the newly formed group).
He says he was tested together with Waney. On his test he interpreted Makaba's solo in Ndombolo generique while Waney interpreted Reddy Amisi's "Bomengo ata kala" song.
Says his sad memory in the music journey was the death of Waney because of him being the one who convinced him to move to Brazza for music.
More than 20 years on he still is the number one soliste of the group led by Kevin Mbouande.

His song from the new Maxi Single "Eteya yo".

archos #1 on: April 09, 2021, 16:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
you can clearly see that him and bondomania are from kin's style of play basically even if they implemented in their style  that sebene shape of  more or less long rhythmic guitar sequence then  milangi or distortion, both came in G7 and patrouille des stars with something different to the extra musica touch

BienMat23 #2 on: April 09, 2021, 16:55

• View Profile
you can clearly see that him and bondomania are from kin's style of play basically even if they implemented in their style  that sebene shape of  more or less long rhythmic guitar sequence then  milangi or distortion, both came in G7 and patrouille des stars with something different to the extra musica touch
This is very correct I think that’s why I even prefer there sebenes to extras, past Trop cest trop I find that extra style kind of annoying

Manzambi94 #3 on: April 09, 2021, 21:28

• View Profile
This is very correct I think that’s why I even prefer there sebenes to extras, past Trop cest trop I find that extra style kind of annoying

I agree Obligatoire, Trip C'Est Trop and many of Extra Sebenes since they have stopped copy Wenge were really trash the only Licks I have licked of Extra in générique are Amnistie Shalai, and Bondomania on that Moyini Mbote the rest they are ok but kinda weird I have liked also the Sebene in Parfum Mondial that song was perfect

3:00

3:56

But the way that's why Kevin Mbouande Sebene sounded that good my favourite are from 00:38 until 2:05

I sware when that guitar part came I literally screamed and started dancing

And also the Seben part of Deuxième Monde

6:30

Cavalier Solitaire #4 on: April 10, 2021, 14:27

• View Profile
Thats true bro. Their style is very distinct from that of extra. I like how he played in album embargo with Ya Meco 2000. Those nice but non aggressive sebenes.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: April 10, 2021, 18:21

• View Profile
I've never listened to a Patrouilles des Stars-album (except Obus Kanga Bikassa), just the generics and the two songs they dedicated to Congo Brazzaville. But I liked first part the Confirmation-generique, which reminded me of Kinanga Boeing (who used to play guitare-solo in Empire Bakuba). The sebenes of Obus Kanga Bikassa were epic, the solo's were reminding me about the way many street bands were playing lead in Kinshasa trying to follow Makaba's style, but not being able to close lol. If you look to Wenge Maison Mere's first concert at Zamba Playa, you will notice that Flamme Kapaya also used to play that style before changing after Solola Bien. Willy Ebondaki also used to play that style that Dr Costeau used to play, just listen to Longue Histoire. The late Zozo Malaba of Victoria Eleison played different was really a part of the Makaba-sect and played more original Makaba's style of the Anges Adorables/Pile ou Face-era.

BienMat23 #6 on: April 10, 2021, 22:38

• View Profile
I've never listened to a Patrouilles des Stars-album (except Obus Kanga Bikassa), just the generics and the two songs they dedicated to Congo Brazzaville. But I liked first part the Confirmation-generique, which reminded me of Kinanga Boeing (who used to play guitare-solo in Empire Bakuba). The sebenes of Obus Kanga Bikassa were epic, the solo's were reminding me about the way many street bands were playing lead in Kinshasa trying to follow Makaba's style, but not being able to close lol. If you look to Wenge Maison Mere's first concert at Zamba Playa, you will notice that Flamme Kapaya also used to play that style before changing after Solola Bien. Willy Ebondaki also used to play that style that Dr Costeau used to play, just listen to Longue Histoire. The late Zozo Malaba of Victoria Eleison played different was really a part of the Makaba-sect and played more original Makaba's style of the Anges Adorables/Pile ou Face-era.

Mfumu you must listen to Embargo I think you will appreciate it a lot , it’s a good progression from Obus Kanga and in my opinion one of the best albums out of Brazzaville in the past 25 years

Mfumu Vata #7 on: April 10, 2021, 22:55

• View Profile

242 #8 on: April 11, 2021, 04:25

• View Profile
My recommendations: listen to those albums from Patrouille des stars : Coup d’état manqué, Embargo , Corrections , Proclamations , Elevation Totale & Kanga Nzoto

Cavalier Solitaire #9 on: April 11, 2021, 09:20

• View Profile
Mfumu you must listen to Embargo I think you will appreciate it a lot , it’s a good progression from Obus Kanga and in my opinion one of the best albums out of Brazzaville in the past 25 years
Having listened to the four albums (Obus Kanga Bissaka, Embargo, Corrections and Proclamations) multiple times,  i personally think Embargo is their best ever album. That album could easily compete with any "Extra" project of the same year. The sound is improved and you can hear the growth of the singers in the way they sing.