Author Topic: OT: WHO DO YOU THINK IS BETTER PLACED TO TAKE OVER FROM KABILA?  (Read 3664 times)

Cavalier Solitaire on: August 02, 2018, 10:04

• View Profile
Like the title says who do you think has the popularity and is sober enough to take over from Kabila and be able to navigate the different interests of the DRC, between JP BEMBA or MOISE KATUMBI CHAPWE if at all elections are held in December?

Manzambi94 #1 on: August 02, 2018, 12:34

• View Profile
Like the title says who do you think has the popularity and is sober enough to take over from Kabila and be able to navigate the different interests of the DRC, between JP BEMBA or MOISE KATUMBI CHAPWE if at all elections are held in December?

the problem is not Kabila, the problem is France, Belgium, multinationals and all the people who are there in Congo. Do you think that if Kabila dies do you think Congo will magically be free?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 14:41 by Manzambi94 »

Cavalier Solitaire #2 on: August 02, 2018, 14:07

• View Profile
You are right when you say the real problem is not Kabila. But then again after Kabila the DRC needs someone who can negotiate fair deals from these foreign powers to ensure that atleast the public benefits from the resources that the country has. In short, the DRC needs some one who will have a bit of a heart for the country (a nationalist) not someone who plays right into the hands of the foreign powers like is the case with the Kabila and his current regime. That is why am interested to know who between the two favorites from the opposition has those kinds of attributes. I don't know much about JP BEMBA but from the little i know about Moise, i am interested to know how he compares with BEMBA in terms of trying to get a fair share of the countries resources benefiting the population.

Manzambi94 #3 on: August 02, 2018, 16:50

• View Profile
You are right when you say the real problem is not Kabila. But then again after Kabila the DRC needs someone who can negotiate fair deals from these foreign powers to ensure that atleast the public benefits from the resources that the country has. In short, the DRC needs some one who will have a bit of a heart for the country (a nationalist) not someone who plays right into the hands of the foreign powers like is the case with the Kabila and his current regime. That is why am interested to know who between the two favorites from the opposition has those kinds of attributes. I don't know much about JP BEMBA but from the little i know about Moise, i am interested to know how he compares with BEMBA in terms of trying to get a fair share of the countries resources benefiting the population.

You are right DRC needs a Donald Trump type leader or Lumumba type leader Congolese first, and the other people rest, make it become a federation, Kinshasa hold by the chef, Mbandaka and other led to locals, Kananga led to Katumbi and whole that because Congo is a huge country, buying and one man cannot see what happen in the east being in the west or vice versa

Matebu #4 on: August 02, 2018, 17:33

• View Profile
The fact that Bemba spent a few years in a European prison and was subsequently acquitted makes him a Kimbaguiste-esque martyr of sorts for the poor people. He’s has no esteem for the West now, which appears to make him the strongest candidate... Kabila fears him, don’t be surprised if they try an assassination in the near future.

My cousin in Kin says that the support for Bemba is overwhelming at the moment. It reminds him of LD Kabila in 96/97

I like Katumbi a bit, but i can tell if elected he’ll bend over backwards for France and Belgium since he’s used them for asylum and lots of Katanga business deals. He’s too Euro-centric to be a good president.

Sindika Ndokolo is even worse... his wife’s father has pillaged Angola’s wealth into nothing for over 40 years. I think he’s a disgrace when he tries to be a representative for African to the media.

In any case, like with any African election I believe nothing will change if a new leader is elected. It’ll just be new faces stealing the people’s money and country will remain in shambles.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 17:41 by Matebu »

Matebu #5 on: August 02, 2018, 18:06

• View Profile
I also think Memba’s sudden acquittal is suspicious... you never know... I highly doubt he just left prison without striking some sort of long term deal

Cavalier Solitaire #6 on: August 03, 2018, 13:30

• View Profile
I also think Memba’s sudden acquittal is suspicious... you never know... I highly doubt he just left prison without striking some sort of long term deal

True. I am also suscipicious especially that he is the first notable person to win a case at the ICC after appeal obviously.
But it seems that Kabila is more scared of Katumbi than BEMBA. He has been denied the right to land his aircraft in DRC. Now he is trying to enter Lubumbashi, DRC by road from Ndola, Zambia. Reports are that checkpoints have been mounted at Kasumbalesa Boarder crossing with instructions to arrest or send him away.

https://www.facebook.com/VoiceOfCongo/photos/a.529728463723974.138483.356949381001884/2215117535185050/?type=3

EMOVICTEAM #7 on: August 04, 2018, 06:59

• View Profile
Its shocking to me how JP Bemba was released by the Hague court just for him to stand. Looks like he signed deals with the west before the release. Double standards by the west.