Author Topic: WHO IS THIS PERSON IN CONGOLESE MUSIC?  (Read 10795 times)

SoukousFan on: August 05, 2016, 17:29

• View Profile
I notice that most artists mention this name in this name in their songs/music. I am not sure if I spelt it right, it sounds something like ''Costi Ekaa''

Who is this person and how influential has this person been in Congolese Music?

princesab #1 on: August 05, 2016, 18:54

• View Profile

Congomusiclover001 #2 on: August 05, 2016, 19:07

• View Profile
ahahaaaa ahahahaaaa

You know, instead of laughing out loud (yes, i can see you...lol), you could take time to explain to him/us non Lingala speakers what that means. In my early days of soukous/congo music days, i used to hear terms like Lokassa Ya Bongo, Fondation Mundele, and Laurice/Lorisse la congolaise ...etc. I still can't relate to some of these terms. So if you know what they are, it's only sensible to help us nonspeakers out. Just saying....Now carry on with your laughter....

SoukousFan #3 on: August 05, 2016, 19:08

• View Profile
ahahaaaa ahahahaaaa

lol don't laugh, i am not congolese, for all I know, it might not even be a person i am referring to, but a place

mrvibes #4 on: August 05, 2016, 20:05

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 20:06 by mrvibes »

archos #5 on: August 05, 2016, 21:08

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Consty eka is one of the influential journalists  and producer back in the days in african music who helped a lot the likes of koffi or tshala muana to name a few to build strong fame outside drc
lokassa ya mbongo is a rhythm guitar player from back in the days of ok jazz and co,loris la congolaise is a donor from congo brazza who helps musicians from both congos
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 21:17 by archos »

mvulusi96 #6 on: August 05, 2016, 22:11

Consty eka is one of the influential journalists  and producer back in the days in african music who helped a lot the likes of koffi or tshala muana to name a few to build strong fame outside drc
lokassa ya mbongo is a rhythm guitar player from back in the days of ok jazz and co,loris la congolaise is a donor from congo brazza who helps musicians from both congos

Yes was also a presentator, he presented Koffi's Olympia, first Zenith, Bercy and all his big shows in Abidjan.

Here's he was joking with Koffi that he sings better than him.
from 3:24 min

Here are they talking in french about his carreer. You can see how influence he was in the African Showbizz and carreer of Koffi Olomide.

SoukousFan #7 on: August 06, 2016, 00:15

• View Profile
thank you so much Mvulusi and Archos, my ears were not on leave because i almost got that name right

Manzambi94 #8 on: August 06, 2016, 12:20

• View Profile
The name of all the names for a wild was Didi Kinuani and Gilles Massua.

Ken Bilele #9 on: August 09, 2016, 07:06

• View Profile
Archos where is Djoka? he's gone silent for long.

Matebu #10 on: August 09, 2016, 21:43

• View Profile
The name of all the names for a wild was Didi Kinuani and Gilles Massua.

Ah yes, Didi Kinuani the richest donor, especially in the '90's-'00s - after Teddy Obiang,  Mbemba Saolona - Scibe Zaire (RIP), and of course Saddam Kongulu. He's the most recognizable and influential.

On a number of occasions he fully funded studio sessions (Madilu & Kester - his two favorite artists as well as many other groups). Up to $100,000, somtimes more. In exchange, he wanted the highest praises on every song - L'infinitif, M'fumu ya diamant even Sauveur de l'humanité. He was also the financial force behind the Bercy's, Zenith's, etc. Kinuani is also infamously known for taking Amida away from JB for a few of years.

Jules Masuwa was an exclusive donor for Viva in the '80's and early '90's, then he became a powerful donor for most artists. He's very close to Roga Roga nowadays.

Youla Bols, Benj Kidombe, Daty Pétrole, Dil Jeanot, Kiki Ewing, and Alita Tshamala are among the very first big donors back in the '80's, all of whom developed a system that has become the backbone of the genre.

Then came Adam Bombole "le grand saoudien", Cardozo Mwamba Le Bill Gates, Vincent Gomez, Partick Bolonia, Jean Marie Lukulasi, the Mbongo family, the Sassou family, and a numerous others - the listed names are the most powerful active donors.

The first big hit song that was dedicated specifically to a donor was Josky's "Alita" in 1983.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 21:58 by Matebu5 »

Matebu #11 on: August 09, 2016, 21:51

• View Profile
Loris La Congolaise

Lokassa ya mbongo

Etienne Mundele na Canada (RIP)

Manzambi94 #12 on: August 09, 2016, 21:59

• View Profile
Loris La Congolaise

Lokassa ya mbongo

La Congolia's smooking hot, I really like that a lot of guys and ladies support Congolese music in anyway possible they deserved all the credit they get in the songs

Congomusiclover001 #13 on: August 10, 2016, 15:39

• View Profile
Loris La Congolaise

Lokassa ya mbongo

Thanks bro. This enlightens me more on the topic now. I will give you an achievement medal when I see you one day... ;D ;D ;D ;D