Author Topic: QUESTION ABOUT BRIGADE AND OTHER ATALAKOUS  (Read 180 times)

Congomusiclover001 on: October 14, 2023, 13:07

• View Profile
I was just listening to this generique and it hit me how talented Brigade is and how he should still be relevant but he's not. It's been a while since he released anything worth listening to. His last was the QL matchup.

Why couldn't someone of his caliber be picked up or have a successful solo career? It seems most atalakous that go through WMMM slowly just die away and that goes to show you that atalakous are not as valuable in a Congolese band setting as singers. Most singers that leave big bands also fade away and cannot maintain a solo career.

What does it take to turn this around for  such folks who leave bands. It seems like you must probably have a second job to survive if you're cut/leave a band. It is lack of drive? no sponsors? polemic with bands that could accept them?

Brandon/Diego/Liboka/Kirikou/Sabalo/Celeo (somewhat)/Lobeso/Tade/ Miel de Son etc...

Bill has been the only one that survived and continuously drop musik even if not the best quality.

Also makes me want to know if you could have a successful generique without an atalakou?