Author Topic: ZAIKO ARE REALLY THE MASTERS OF THROWING KEYBOARD IN THE MIDDLE OF SEBENE  (Read 862 times)

archos on: August 03, 2023, 22:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

From 4 33 what a sweet partition of synthé
i cant help but think about adricha's impression of ya jossart though "yoka kwasumpa yoka kwasumpa" :D :D :D :D

Mfumu Vata #1 on: August 03, 2023, 23:11

• View Profile
Aah Modikilo Modeste. Is he still active as musician ? Sebene is today more focused on keyboard player. But in the years just before the trend coming,  I didn't knew what was going on but many keyboard players were sounding noisy when trying to insert keyboards during the sebene and using weird sounds. I remember Lofombo also trying to play keyboards, but that was in the 1990s. He messed Pepe Kalle's Merci Mama-album up by being to noisy when making intros. Very horrible. He also tried to play keyboard in one of his brother Shora Mbemba's song in Bize Mandundu with the same keyboard-paritition, but I don't remember the title. Looks like he wanted to be like Makaba by playing different instruments in albums  (Lofombo played drums in Cocktail on his own).

Its normal about Zaiko being masters of it. They are the one who started it already in 1980 with vieux Nzenze in Revelation and baleki baye kolanda lokola. Ba kolo "Kwasumpa" hahahahaa. Yoka Kwasumpa, Yoka Kwasumpa.  If I was Nyoka Longo I would have arrested Adricha once again. Btw, is Adricha still making interviews against Nyoka Longo ? and is are those problems about Socoda still going on ? I saw Sam Tshintu defending Nyoka Longo in few of his interviews

Zaiko also made other nice keyboard parition within sebene

from 6:02 min which was back in the days played by fanfare, also known as zapata
and today a hit in bars. Some people even believing that Zaiko created that partition.

from 5:25 min late Alpha Kopeya coming in after Patcho Star's drum partition

« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 23:13 by Mfumu Vata »

Manzambi94 #2 on: August 04, 2023, 02:57

• View Profile

From 4 33 what a sweet partition of synthé
i cant help but think about adricha's impression of ya jossart though "yoka kwasumpa yoka kwasumpa" :D :D :D :D

AhahahahahaH man that interview is so funny. My God

BienMat23 #3 on: August 05, 2023, 10:45

• View Profile
Even me I thought Zaiko created that Zapata partition loooool even here in London at any young people congolese or francophone event that one is serioussss

Drumstar98 #4 on: August 05, 2023, 22:40

• View Profile
Aah Modikilo Modeste. Is he still active as musician ? Sebene is today more focused on keyboard player. But in the years just before the trend coming,  I didn't knew what was going on but many keyboard players were sounding noisy when trying to insert keyboards during the sebene and using weird sounds. I remember Lofombo also trying to play keyboards, but that was in the 1990s. He messed Pepe Kalle's Merci Mama-album up by being to noisy when making intros. Very horrible. He also tried to play keyboard in one of his brother Shora Mbemba's song in Bize Mandundu with the same keyboard-paritition, but I don't remember the title. Looks like he wanted to be like Makaba by playing different instruments in albums  (Lofombo played drums in Cocktail on his own).

Its normal about Zaiko being masters of it. They are the one who started it already in 1980 with vieux Nzenze in Revelation and baleki baye kolanda lokola. Ba kolo "Kwasumpa" hahahahaa. Yoka Kwasumpa, Yoka Kwasumpa.  If I was Nyoka Longo I would have arrested Adricha once again. Btw, is Adricha still making interviews against Nyoka Longo ? and is are those problems about Socoda still going on ? I saw Sam Tshintu defending Nyoka Longo in few of his interviews

Zaiko also made other nice keyboard parition within sebene

from 6:02 min which was back in the days played by fanfare, also known as zapata
and today a hit in bars. Some people even believing that Zaiko created that partition.

from 5:25 min late Alpha Kopeya coming in after Patcho Star's drum partition

You just made me think of the song Bana Empire. I do not know what the sound of the keyboard was but it sounded like something from a cartoon lol. I thought Bruno Nsona played the keys on Merci Maman.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: August 06, 2023, 00:02

• View Profile
Bruno Nsona and Gode Lofombo both played keyboards in Merci Maman. They both shared the role, like the way Gode Lofombo did it with Jean Synthe in Bize Mandundu. I recognized immediatly that it was Gode Lofombo playing because of way of coming in from 00:03 and his interventions on 00:20 min & 00:28 min in this song

I dont have the credits of Merci Maman. But those of Bize Mandundu are on internet.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 00:42 by Mfumu Vata »

Drumstar98 #6 on: August 06, 2023, 00:22

• View Profile
Oh, I didn't notice in the credits. I was focused of Lofombo's role of playing the bass and doing the programmation.

Wenge1995 #7 on: August 06, 2023, 01:14

• View Profile
Bruno Nsona and Gode Lofombo both played keyboards in Merci Maman. They both shared the role, like the way Gode Lofombo did it with Jean Synthe in Bize Mandundu. I recognized immediatly that it was Gode Lofombo playing because of way of coming in from 00:03 and his interventions on 00:20 min & 00:28 min in this song

I dont have the credits of Merci Maman. But those of Bize Mandundu are on internet.

Does anyone know why Gode preferred programmed drums for Pepe Kalle's Cocktail? Did the group not recruit a drummer yet or did the one they have not convinced yet?

Mfumu Vata #8 on: August 06, 2023, 01:29

• View Profile
Not everything was programmed. The sebenes were played live, its just that the drum-sound of ndiaye wasn't good like all albums recorded over there of 1997, 1998 and 1999. I think that, that was the reason why Lofombo in Delta Force's album Confirmation decided when coming in Europe to do the mix, to erase Ile de Cambodge's drum partition and replace everything with programmed drums.

There's no Congolese band that lack drummers or guitarists. All bands have back-up players even percussioniss. Empire Bakuba had 3 drummers at that time. Lofombo was head of the Cocktail-project. In two or three interviews, he explained that he wasn't convinced of the drummer of Empire Bakuba at that time (Logilo) and prefered to drum do the whole album on his own. Apparently Lofombo was also in conflict with the same Logilo like the way he wasn't in good terms with Rolls Papillon. I saw last year an interview of Logilo talking about his career in Empire, Academia and Zaiko, and he hadn't a good word for Lofombo.

Logilo not drumming in Cocktail created tensions and discontect in the band, musicians being mad at Lofombo. Calling him an egoist and stuff like that. This made Lofombo mad and he decided to erase all his drum-parition and let Logilo, which made Pépé Kalle mad. However, the result was apparently not good in Lofombo's eyes. So he decided to erase Logilo's partition and replay everything on his own.

Wenge1995 #9 on: August 06, 2023, 11:31

• View Profile
Not everything was programmed. The sebenes were played live, its just that the drum-sound of ndiaye wasn't good like all albums recorded over there of 1997, 1998 and 1999. I think that, that was the reason why Lofombo in Delta Force's album Confirmation decided when coming in Europe to do the mix, to erase Ile de Cambodge's drum partition and replace everything with programmed drums.

There's no Congolese band that lack drummers or guitarists. All bands have back-up players even percussioniss. Empire Bakuba had 3 drummers at that time. Lofombo was head of the Cocktail-project. In two or three interviews, he explained that he wasn't convinced of the drummer of Empire Bakuba at that time (Logilo) and prefered to drum do the whole album on his own. Apparently Lofombo was also in conflict with the same Logilo like the way he wasn't in good terms with Rolls Papillon. I saw last year an interview of Logilo talking about his career in Empire, Academia and Zaiko, and he hadn't a good word for Lofombo.

Logilo not drumming in Cocktail created tensions and discontect in the band, musicians being mad at Lofombo. Calling him an egoist and stuff like that. This made Lofombo mad and he decided to erase all his drum-parition and let Logilo, which made Pépé Kalle mad. However, the result was apparently not good in Lofombo's eyes. So he decided to erase Logilo's partition and replay everything on his own.

I wonder if Ile de Cambodge was that good of a drummer with Delta Force being so young or did he really mature as an understudy of Champion in Quartier Latin rehearsals?

Mfumu Vata #10 on: August 06, 2023, 12:03

• View Profile
So if you are young can't drum well ? If you follow Congolese music well of back in the days, you'll notice that many instrumentalists do wonders when they are between 17 and 27 years old. Also the average of most dream-team bands was often 23 years. Vieux Djudjuchet started at a very young age with drumming when joining Zaiko's as third drummer behind Ilo Pablo and Meridjo. But he was already drumming excellent and came with a special touch that his elder brothers didn't had and would later do wonders in Pepe Felly Manuaku's Grand Zaiko Wawa and Victoria Eleison. The same for Titina Al Capone. He was just 20 years old when he went to Europe with Wenge 4x4, but look what he did in Kin E Bouge.

Ile Camboge was first late Angelo Luvengoka (Angelo was Djudjuchet little brother) back-up player in Delta Force. Then when Angelo left to follow Djuna Mumbafu in his band, Ile de Cambodge became the main drummer. Ile de Cambodge was already drummer well. Its just that those concerts of Delta Force aren't on youtube. Camdboge used to drum like Papy Kakol by coming with those kra-kra-kra and raka-raka (double roulage) partitions. So when Lofombo was spending to much time in Europe. He and his friend John Scott decided to join Quartier Latin who just came back from their long Europe-tour of Bercy. Koffi was first doubting him, because he saw Champion Esthetique at that time as best drummer of Congo. But when he saw he him playing, he was impressed and liked him, because he with Kakol's drumming style. John Scott immediatly got his place. But Ile de Cambodge was barely getting space  in the first months. Because he had already Chico (Champion's friend and back-up player) before him and Champion wasn't liking him. Cambodge never used to be Champion's understudy.Champion saw him as someone who just joined Quartier Latin to challenge him and steal his place, although being superrior as drummer.
It's only when Champion got stripped off as chef d'orchestre and Koffi firing Chico, that Ile de Cambodge started to get alot of space. Champion from that moment only getting 12 like CNN, Mamale and Eric Tutsi who were all in conflict with Koffi. When preparing Effrakata at Maman Amy's house in Binza, where Quartier Latin stayed for a few days. Ile de Cambodge claimed that Champion threw Mbasu on him. He even revealed it in the interview he did Ado Yuhe a few years ago. It wasn't going well between the two guys. Ile de Cambodge also started to make tv-appeareances with Fally, Jordan and co on tv. Koffi also promoting him a little bit on the VHS "Les Coulisses de la Grand Ecole" by letting him drum alot when the singers are dancing and present himself like other QL-members.
It wasn't even planned with Champion Djikapela would go to Zenith 2001. Koffi wanted to left him behind and let Ile de Camboge go on his own. But Koffi's influent friends were not okay with it and brought Champion to his house after the last meeting at Oshwe 5/5 where the travel-list was shared,  to talk with Koffi and Koffi changing his mind to him along with Ile de Cambodge to Europe.

Drumstar98 #11 on: August 06, 2023, 12:04

• View Profile

During that time Empire Bakuba had two drummers; Logilo and late Angela Sambaro. I thought John Scott gave Ile-de-Cambodge a shout out on the Confirmation album.

Mfumu Vata #12 on: August 06, 2023, 12:25

• View Profile
Next Logilo and Sambaro Angela, you had also another drummer in Empire.

Yes John Scot gave a shout-out him and he was also credited in the credits. However, Lofombo said in one of his many interviews that in Confirmation, that he erased all drum partitions to play everything by himself. He didn't give the reason why he did that. Maybe he was not  used to those many roulage and kra-kra partitions that Ile de Cambodge was using when playing sebene, seeing it was as noise. Or maybe he did it  in Europe, seeing that the kin-drum sound was poor and better to replace it, to have a better sound. Because if I remember well he did the mix of Confirmation in Europe and also filmed a part of the videoclips there on his own.

Mfumu Vata #13 on: August 06, 2023, 12:41

• View Profile
Ooh I made mistake. Ile de Cambodge was not credited. It just says that Lofombo did the programmation and arrangement with Bruno Nsona & Laurent Dimbu (Kadogo). All drums were programmed. Macamdam Paris 17eme is credited, so the album was indeed mixed in Paris.